PLAYOFFS..For all of the fans wanting Washington....

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is a very good match up for us. Don't forget that our defense is playing monster's balls out.
That's fine and all, but our offense is giving up as many points as they are scoring lately it seems. The only time they've shown life was recently is when we're down by 3 scores.

2411t

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That's fine and all, but our offense is giving up as many points as they are scoring lately it seems. The only time they've shown life was recently is when we're down by 3 scores.
Agreed and I'm not playing dementia with regards to our horrific offense. But I think it'll be a fun game to watch.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Agreed and I'm not playing dementia with regards to our horrific offense. But I think it'll be a fun game to watch.
oh, i'll be right there watching, till the bitter end, just like always. They've made them all as equally interesting at the end as it's been horrible in the beginning and this one will probably follow suit.

VolvoD

Cheesehead
Reaction score
For the love of God, do not lose to the NFC Least. That division should be disbanded, the level of suck is so high.
Washington sucks, Philly sucks as much as their fans do, Dallas sucks in a comical way, Giants suck to the extreme.

melvin dangerr

In it to Win it All
Reaction score
Overreact much? Getting rid of those three players would be foolish in the extreme. :rolleyes: I missed the part where he told us it would take six more years.

BTW, Ty Montgomery played in 6 games, caught 15 passes for 136 yards (9.1 average) for 2 TDs and ran the ball 3 times for 14 yards (4.7 yards). They missed him and I look forward to seeing him develop but IMO he wasn’t going to be the savior for the offense this season.
It was sarcasm only

Reaction score
They will not win with this useless group of receivers. If TT doesn't make significant changes to this team in the off season, he should get the boot along with the receiving corps, Bakhtiari, Ryan, and Randall.
I'm just glad you're not the owner!! Lol

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
As long as the vikings are one and done, I will be happy.

Personally, I am pulling for the Vikings to win......that sends them to Arizona and the Packers (IF we win) to Carolina. I'm not so sure we are or ever will be ready to face Arizona again.

Only "dream scenario" of playoffs would be.....Seattle and Packers win their next two games and meet at Lambeau for the NFCC Game.

2411t

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Personally, I am pulling for the Vikings to win......that sends them to Arizona and the Packers (IF we win) to Carolina. I'm not so sure we are or ever will be ready to face Arizona again.

Only "dream scenario" of playoffs would be.....Seattle and Packers win their next two games and meet at Lambeau for the NFCC Game.

I don't think any team in their right mind would ever want a rematch with a Zimmer-coached team.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I don't think any team in their right mind would ever want a rematch with a Zimmer-coached team.

Zimmer is going to have a lot on his plate to get his team ready to face the team that destroyed them only a month ago 38-7

Wood Chipper

Fantasy Football Guru
Reaction score
Man, I don't feel confident in the Pack this year. I really thought last year was their year until the last 2 minutes of the Seahawks game. You can tell how everything is just off.

PFanCan

That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.
Reaction score
They will not win with this useless group of receivers. If TT doesn't make significant changes to this team in the off season, he should get the boot along with the receiving corps, Bakhtiari, Ryan, and Randall.

Whaaat? Bakh hasn't been great, but for a 4th rounder, he has filled a hole and played ok. And Ryan? Another mid-rounder rook who has been thrust into major playing minutes? Played ok and even "good" versus the run. And Randall? Really? How is this rookie been unimpressive at all?

I can think of some names of players that need to be given the boot, but those three aren't on that list.

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
McCarthy shuffled his coaches, giving new titles and areas of responsibility, as a response to the Seattle meltdown. It hasn't worked; it appears to have backfired. I'd like to see an infusion of new ideas from the coaching side. MM either is too loyal to his staff, or he is too uncomfortable with the idea of change. Either way, it could well be the reason the team is going backwards. He has to bring in people with fresh ideas.

D

Deleted member 6794

I'm confident the Packers will win at Washington as the Redskins benefitted from playing in a weak division and are an inferior team compared to the Packers.

After watching the team's offense on Sunday vs. the Vikings I don't think there's any chance we beat Carolina or Arizona though.

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It really doesn't matter who the Packers play at this point. They have lost 6 of their last 10 games and are not even playing mediocre. Whoever they play will have an easy time time shutting down MM's offense. We need to start focusing on the draft!

broguy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm confident the Packers will win at Washington as the Redskins benefitted from playing in a weak division and are an inferior team compared to the Packers.

After watching the team's offense on Sunday vs. the Vikings I don't think there's any chance we beat Carolina or Arizona though.

Didn't know where to put this and didn't want to start a thread, so I figured this was as good of a place as any.

Regarding the Washington game (and potential subsequent playoff games), how aggressive do you guys think Rodgers should be? Should he continue to pick his (few and far between) spots and focus on protecting the ball, relying on the defense to keep us in games? This approach obviously hasn't been overly successful, but we've won a few games down the stretch (Detroit, Dallas, Oakland). Or, does he need to start forcing the ball into windows that might not be all the way open in an attempt to kick start the offense?

I can see an argument for either approach in these playoffs. The "game manager" approach may be enough to move the ball consistently against a mediocre-to-bad Redskins defense, without incurring too much risk. However, I don't think we're getting any further than the Redskins playing the way we have on offense. So what's the goal here? Win a game, "save face", and move on to next year? I'm generally a huge fan of Rodgers's game/decision making, but we're not going anywhere this year without him exploding in the playoffs. I think it's time for him to start slinging. We may go down in flames, but at least we'll go down swinging. Maybe I'm doing a little too much armchair quarterbacking here, and these small windows I referenced are non-existent, but there seem to be some more opportunities to fit the ball into tighter windows than he's taking.

ETA: Lacy and Starks are a big part of this equation too, and probably weigh heavier in the game management approach, but I'm specifically talking about Rodgers's role in the offense as opposed to play calling and run-pass balance.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think we have a serviceable offensive line for Rodgers to drop back and sling it all over the place. It might make for some exciting games, but I don't think it's anything that will take us very far

RRyder

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It really doesn't matter who the Packers play at this point. They have lost 6 of their last 10 games and are not even playing mediocre. Whoever they play will have an easy time time shutting down MM's offense. We need to start focusing on the draft!

Well this might be the defeatist thought if the day. Do you think the Patriots should look to the draft too? They haven't looked so hot since their 10-0 start. How bout Denver? Cincinnati is going into the playoffs with their backup. Should they start their focus on the draft? Minnesota just won the division but everyone is expecting them to get crushed at home so I guess they should just call it a day?

You don't stop trying to win till the seasons over. And as much as it might pain you as a Packers fan to be "forced" to endure watching this team in the playoffs I'd hope that you'd have a good enough memory to remember in a one game playoff format the best team rarley wins it all. It's the hottest. And if memory serves right the Ravens weren't exactly hot either going in if you want any kind of correlation.

Focus on the draft? Please. I'll be focusing on the Packers playing in actuall games untill they're no longer allowed to do so this season

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think we have a serviceable offensive line for Rodgers to drop back
Correct. Might as well have Rodgers roll out to the left and right since our passing offense depends on Rodgers making plays with his scrambling anyway. It might save him a few hits.

broguy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think we have a serviceable offensive line for Rodgers to drop back and sling it all over the place. It might make for some exciting games, but I don't think it's anything that will take us very far

See, my thought was that the offensive line was hurting our passing game because Rodgers is having to hold the ball to wait for the receivers to find openings (and our current line isn't capable of giving him that kind of time). But you think it's also not capable of allowing Rodgers to step into throws and fit the ball into tighter windows earlier in his reads? Certainly possible.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Not sure how a no huddle fast past offense will work AT Washington, but I would like to see it. Test their secondary fast and early, gain some momentum and confidence. Seems like the longer the huddle, the less successful (if they get it off before the play clock expires) they are. Washington's secondary is banged up and not that good to begin with (25th in league) so attack fast and early.

VolvoD

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Become a Browns fan already. It will be way easier for you, that way you can focus on the draft before the mid-way point each season.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
See, my thought was that the offensive line was hurting our passing game because Rodgers is having to hold the ball to wait for the receivers to find openings (and our current line isn't capable of giving him that kind of time). But you think it's also not capable of allowing Rodgers to step into throws and fit the ball into tighter windows earlier in his reads? Certainly possible.
If they block in such a way it provides an escape route for Rodgers, I'm sure he could make this game exciting. There were many games this year where escape routes just weren't there, I also haven't seen much from the receivers to give any indication Rodgers should be throwing it earlier. None of them leave even a small window early in a route most of the time. None of them are really big bodied strong receivers that have shown the ability to go fight for the ball either this year.

Members online

Latest posts