PLAYOFFS..For all of the fans wanting Washington....

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
When was this supposed earlier concussion this season of Shields'? That's the second time I've heard it mentioned without any reference to it.

He did have one last year against NE and that one in 2011 where he tried to run that INT out of the end zone. So this is at least 3 or 4.

Patriotplayer90

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I will be surprised if we lose today. Washington has a hot streak, but the first playoff game is usually tough for a QB, especially in a dysfunctional organization and for a guy who has a history of turnover problems like their QB.

I think we will see the AR of old. I think he felt helpless at many times during the season, but now he will be seeing red and his desire to win will overcome his frustrations.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
With out Shields I'm worried about Jackson..

Their te is more of a concern to me... But in the past-our Def has been able to limit te play..

I don't see their running game hurting us..

Our offense has to run, run, and run...

I'm not to optimistic for a win, but just maybe they can finally click

Reaction score
We're gonna have to be patient running the ball. There's a good chance we'll have just Mediocre results the 1st half ...<=50yards ... we can't let that affect our resolve because the conditions are favorable for a running game.
We're playing a mediocre at best run D that will initially come out fired up and look better than they are, but as the game wears on they will lose enthusiasm and the true Redskins colors will begin to surface.
Also the weather forecast sounds like a good bit of wind so airing it out past 20 yards becomes more succeptible to an INT unless their D just leaves someone wide open or someone slips etc..

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
With out Shields I'm worried about Jackson..

Their te is more of a concern to me... But in the past-our Def has been able to limit te play..

I don't see their running game hurting us..

Our offense has to run, run, and run...

I'm not to optimistic for a win, but just maybe they can finally click
Not having Shields hurts already. If Randall is slowed by that groin injury, that just compounds the issue. All hands on deck and I think we'd be just fine slowing their offense. Now it gets interesting, but I guess that's why we watch the games.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
With possible problems in the secondary, the pass rush will take on even more importance. This is the playoffs; you're best players need to play like it. Looking at you, Clay and Julius.

smacker

Smacker = Smack talking Packer Fan
Reaction score
If they block in such a way it provides an escape route for Rodgers, I'm sure he could make this game exciting. There were many games this year where escape routes just weren't there, I also haven't seen much from the receivers to give any indication Rodgers should be throwing it earlier. None of them leave even a small window early in a route most of the time. None of them are really big bodied strong receivers that have shown the ability to go fight for the ball either this year.

I have to agree. The O-line has to block long enough for Rodgers to get a three step drop, and the opposing D is on him in one step a lot.

I don't know why MM doesn't put Janis in to stretch the field. The knock on him is he can't run routes well, but he should be able to run a post or a go, the guy is fast.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The rest of the inactives:
Jay Elliott LB
LaDarius Gunter CB
Brett Hundley QB
Justin Perillo TE
Sam Shields CB
Josh Walker G

With Bakhtiari out, I would rather they play Tretter at LT than Barclay or Sitton. And McCarthy better damn well give the LT help no matter who it is - and not wait for a sack or two...
Damn right, no more thinking these guys can play without missing a beat because they obviously can't. Get some thing working with help, rather than put them in a hole right out of the gate.

smacker

Smacker = Smack talking Packer Fan
Reaction score
Rumor is that JJ Tretter will play tackle for Bak, has to be better than Sitton at tackle.