Playing Rogers is a REALLY STUPID MOVE!!!

H

HardRightEdge

Return to sport is often way earlier than 6 months though, around 4-6 weeks and in athletes, surgery often speeds up a return.
6-8 weeks is more typical for NFL players. However, return to play and complete healing are two different things. The risks are not the same across all sports and all situations. In this case it's the throwing arm side with a plate and 12 screws still present. If it were the non-throwing side like last time I'd be a lot less concerned. Any altered mechanics or re-injury presents an elevated long term risk in this case.

To deny the risks in this case is foolish. That some posters persist in doing so suggests to me that the urgent desire to "run the table" has blinded them to the risks. There is a risk/reward equation with the reward side not terribly compelling. With the first Packer loss over the next 3 games the reward side plunges to near zero. One wonders whether we would be seeing Rodgers play this Sunday if Cleveland had pulled out the game in overtime or whether he will be shut down upon the next loss.

That said, the decision has been made so we hope for the best.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
6-8 weeks is more typical for NFL players. However, return to play and complete healing are two different things. The risks are not the same across all sports and all situations. In this case it's the throwing arm side with a plate and 12 screws still present. If it were the non-throwing side like last time I'd be a lot less concerned. Any altered mechanics or re-injury presents an elevated long term risk in this case.

To deny the risks in this case is foolish. That some posters persist in doing so suggests to me that the urgent desire to "run the table" has blinded them to the risks. There is a risk/reward equation with the reward side not terribly compelling. With the first Packer loss over the next 3 games the reward side plunges to near zero. One wonders whether we would be seeing Rodgers play this Sunday if Cleveland had pulled out the game in overtime or whether he will be shut down upon the next loss.

I thought it was actually 13 screws but who is counting? :inlove:

Regardless I have read where Rodgers shoulder at 80 percent healed is stronger then a non injured shoulder. I would imagine Rodgers shoulder might be closer to 90 percent healed as the Packers medical staff is very conservative compared to other teams.

Then you throw in how wide open everything is and I believe it is a no brainer to take a low to mild risk bringing Rodgers back. Wentz done for the season. Case Keenum the real deal? The Rams haven't one a playoff game in years. Seahawks are done. Saints appear strong but can be beat. The Packers aren't just playoff contenders right now with Rodgers coming back but I also believe are Super Bowl contenders

Carl 2

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Didn't say there wasn't risks, just presented a good review I found.

As far as altered mechanics, there shouldn't be any considering the clavicle was stabilized in it's normal spot.

The screws and plates reduce the re injury risk.

H

HardRightEdge

Didn't say there wasn't risks, just presented a good review I found.

As far as altered mechanics, there shouldn't be any considering the clavicle was stabilized in it's normal spot.

The screws and plates reduce the re injury risk.
I've said all I'm going to say on the matter for this week other than to say half the respondents to the poll in the "Rodgers Cleared" thread believe the Packers will run the table and win the Super Bowl. That's awfully heavy on the reward side of the equation.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
I've said all I'm going to say on the matter for this week other than to say half the respondents to the poll in the "Rodgers Cleared" thread believe the Packers will run the table and win the Super Bowl. That's awfully heavy on the reward side of the equation.

When Michael Jordan came back didn't they automatically talk championships after his return?

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Still has to be second to the one where I posted that I'm stunningly good looking and a wonderful person
I think the one that suggested that Anthony Barr (or was it Danny trevathon?) be executed may have had over 20.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Still has to be second to the one where I posted that I'm stunningly good looking and a wonderful person
I think the one that suggested that Anthony Barr (or was it Danny trevathon?) be executed may have had over 20.
Just took a quick glance in this sub forum at the 1000 most replied to threads. This thread is third to Wimm's one to start Hundley in 2016 (18) and Tony Romo sucks as an announcer from earlier this season (26)

D

Deleted member 6794

One wonders whether we would be seeing Rodgers play this Sunday if Cleveland had pulled out the game in overtime or whether he will be shut down upon the next loss.

I'm convinced the Packers would have kept Rodgers on injured reserve in that situation. The team might shut him down if they lose to the Panthers.

Just took a quick glance in this sub forum at the 1000 most replied to threads. This thread is third to Wimm's one to start Hundley in 2016 (18) and Tony Romo sucks as an announcer from earlier this season (26)

Just to clarify, it wasn't me that started the ridiculous thread to bench Rodgers but PackerfaninCarolina.