Playing Rogers is a REALLY STUPID MOVE!!!

Djepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The team won’t go anywhere..half the team is injured,,,why risk it??? Yes he may help but let’s get real here.....

Zartan

Cans.wav
Staff member
Reaction score
The doctors would not of cleared him if they feel he could seriously re injure it. For better or worse the Doctors are very conservative for injuries.

OP
OP
D

Djepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sure, just what doctors said to Tony Romo before he got snapped again...,Stupid in the water up there...

Zartan

Cans.wav
Staff member
Reaction score
Sure, just what doctors said to Tony Romo before he got snapped again...,Stupid in the water up there...
Uh The Cowboys doctors are not The Pack doctors. Doctor McKenzie is very good.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Anyone can get injured at any time.... but if the team doctors say he is ready, Ill take their word for it. The Packers medical staff is known to be conservative.... and frankly the timing seems to be pretty much spot on what was predicted.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Uh The Cowboys doctors are not The Pack doctors. Doctor McKenzie is very good.
Yeah, I agree. If anything, the Packers are too cautious.
I saw today that our opponents are favored in all three of our next three games. Chances are we won't make the playoffs, but if we have a chance might as well take it. Besides, Rodgers is a football player, I'm sure he wants to play.

Firethorn1001

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The team won’t go anywhere...

If you use that as the basis of whether or not Rodgers should play or not, there are groups of fans that argue he shouldn't have played at all this season then.

If he is healthy, cleared and they have a chance, you play him.

Reaction score
This should warrant some TE sets or multiple RB sets including some FB mixed formations. It’ll force MM to utilize the short passing game With quick WR slants (Donald Driver style) and short dump passes to RB and TEs which is what ive been calling for the majority of the year to slow down the over aggressive pass rush. Let these new agile RBs (unlike Lacy) use their speed in the open to go one on one rather than running into a pile of 300+ lb bodies.
Then when the Panthers start panting and are forced to play back a bit into coverage, then we’ll switch gears and hit them with a nice dose of some Jamaal Williams and Aaron Jones.
December football baby!!

Last edited:

azrsx05

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A broken collarbone can take 4-8 weeks to heal. We don't know the true extent of Rodgers injury. And he probably had the best doctors in the country working on him.

Packers usually are too cautious. So I think he is good to goo. Play the game scared and you're asking to get injured. It's a physical game and injuries will happen.

D

Deleted member 6794

The team won’t go anywhere..half the team is injured,,,why risk it??? Yes he may help but let’s get real here.....

There's still a chance the Packers make the playoffs this season. Therefore the team has to play Rodgers as the medical staff cleared him.

G0P4ckG0

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Play it safe should never be a mantra in the NFL. If Rodgers is able to perform at a respectable level based upon the opinion of the doctors and coaches, then he should play the game.

Even the healthiest, toughest, most durable players can get injured during any play. Playing too cautious with that in mind sets the team up for failure. If your best players are able to play with any playoff hopes still being alive, then by all means let them play their game. If the Packers get eliminated from playoff contention then rest the star players and let the younger guys play to prove their worth, whether it be for a roster spot next year or for trade bait in the off season.

Keeping Rodgers on the sidelines right now is just asinine.

jetfixer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
By the way............it’s a f...ing collarbone, even if he does break it again it will be healed long before next season. I have my doubts wether even if he plays great, we make the playoffs too, but go out fighting!

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
Rodgers, by his own admission, is on the "back 9" of his career. He knows there aren't but so many opportunities left for Super Bowls. Also, if he can come back from THIS and get to, preferably win, another Super Bowl, wow.

AR wasn't ever going to let this opportunity slide by.

Dagger85

Cheesehead
Reaction score
None of us know everything about the break, but what we do know is that Packers docs are some of the most conservative in the NFL. If they say a player is healed up enough to play, then I 100% trust their judgment.

Also, the "we are out of the playoffs" argument happened last year. We won 6 in a row. This year, we need half of that now for a great shot. So yeah... if healthy, there is plenty of reason to play. Rodgers plays great with back against the wall (whole team does actually) so I expect some fun.

4Ever4Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is said with my Packer goggles off.

Any athlete who makes millions of dollars playing a game for fan entertainment purposes, especially those players that draw tons of fans and viewers (those fans that paid to see that player play/gets a TV package to see their team play and give it their best) needs to be on the field if cleared to play. It is their jobs to do so. Whether the Packers have a 0% or 80% chance to make the playoffs is irrelevant. The fans that paid their money in one way or another deserve to see and receive the best product possible.

Also, by winning out the Packers actually have a pretty good chance to make the playoffs and then who knows what happens.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Be honest Djepacker, are you Hundley's mom? A Vikings fan? I mean, come on.

Last edited:

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
I think this makes it pretty clear that AR will be playing on Sunday:

Green Bay Packers‏Verified account @packers
McCarthy: It speaks to Aaron, what he's done through the rehab phase. He was able to clear each hurdle earlier than the norm. His rehab process was very clean. Put him in this position today to prepare for Carolina. #GBvsCAR

DarkHelmet

Cheesehead
Reaction score
None of us know everything about the break, but what we do know is that Packers docs are some of the most conservative in the NFL. If they say a player is healed up enough to play, then I 100% trust their judgment.

Also, the "we are out of the playoffs" argument happened last year. We won 6 in a row. This year, we need half of that now for a great shot. So yeah... if healthy, there is plenty of reason to play. Rodgers plays great with back against the wall (whole team does actually) so I expect some fun.

Last year they controlled their own destiny. If they ran the table they were in the playoffs. This year they need a fair amount of help. More importantly, last year Rodgers wasn't playing with a surgically repaired collarbone.

Latest posts