Playing Rogers is a REALLY STUPID MOVE!!!

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As you've mentioned before I highly doubt the conservative Packers medical staff would have cleared Rodgers if that shoulder wasn't healed by now.
I agree with that. A little cautionary tale, however:
In 2015, Tony Romo broke his collarbone in week 2. He returned in week 11. In week 12, they were playing the Carolina Panthers, who sacked him and broke his collarbone again.

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In 2015, Tony Romo broke his collarbone in week 2. He returned in week 11. In week 12, they were playing the Carolina Panthers, who sacked him and broke his collarbone again.

Tony Romo is no Aaron Rodgers. Also didn't Romo break his back twice in similar fashion which ended his career

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I read if they run the table (3 games) they are given a 92% chance of making the playoffs.

The Packers are probably going to have to win all three of their remaining games. But if they do, they have a very good chance indeed: 92 percent, according to the Machine.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/12/13/sports/football/aaron-rodgers-green-bay-packers-playoffs.html

The teams ahead of the packers have relatively tough schedules and play each other in the final 3 games.
Atlanta (8-5) has at Tampa, at new Orleans and Carolina at home. I'd guess at best they go 2-1. Which would put them 10-6 with the tie breaker over gb.
Carolina (9-4) has the packers at home, Tampa at home, and Atlanta on the road. They'll be lucky to go 2-1. And if they do it would knock Atlanta down to 9-7 and Carolina would be the 5th seed.
New Orleans (9-4) has jets at home, Atlanta at home, and Tampa on the road. They'll likely go 3-0 and win the division at 12-4.
Seattle (8-5) has the rams at home, Dallas on the road and Arizona at home. They'll likely go 2-1 finish 10-6 But the packers have the tie breaker.
Los Angeles (9-4) have at Seattle, at tennessee, and san francisco at home. Theyll likely go 2-1 and win the division at 11-5.
Dallas and Detroit (7-6) if packers win 3 Detroit finishes 9-7 to packers 10-6. While green bay has the tie breaker on Dallas so even if they go 3-0 the packers would be in.
Minnesota (10-3) has at cinncinati, at green bay, and at home against Chicago. They'll likely go 2-1 and win the division at 12-4.
Philadelphia (11-2) has at the giants, the raiders at home, and Dallas at home. They likely will go 2-1 and win the division at 13-3.

So the way I see it, its very likely that the week 17 games between green bay and Detroit and Carolina and Atlanta are "win and your in" games. Which means nfl fans get 2 extta playoff games in 2017

D

Deleted member 6794

I consider the Packers medical staff to be more conservative than most in the league though.

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Whether AR plays or not is not going to change their chances at winning a Super Bowl. With their porous defense they have no shot. The defense will make sure the opposing teams won't need to suit up their punter. Seeing AR make incredible throws is entertaining but thats it.

Carl 2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Whether AR plays or not is not going to change their chances at winning a Super Bowl. With their porous defense they have no shot. The defense will make sure the opposing teams won't need to suit up their punter. Seeing AR make incredible throws is entertaining but thats it.

That can't be what you actually meant to say, can it?

I'm not sure how anyone can think he doesn't change their Super Bowl odds.

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In addition that game was way more lopsided than the final score might indicate.

That game was really lopsided until the 4th quarter then it became a game. Nothing matters but the end result. And in the end the packers were 2 plays from ot and 3 from a victory. 2 plays Rodgers almost always makes. As I recall Rodgers threw a pick inside the red zone with Randall Cobb wide open in the end zone. Had he connected with cobb a 2 point conversion sends the game to ot.

D

Deleted member 6794

Whether AR plays or not is not going to change their chances at winning a Super Bowl.

That's the most ridiculous statement I have read about the Packers in a long time.

That game was really lopsided until the 4th quarter then it became a game. Nothing matters but the end result. And in the end the packers were 2 plays from ot and 3 from a victory. 2 plays Rodgers almost always makes. As I recall Rodgers threw a pick inside the red zone with Randall Cobb wide open in the end zone. Had he connected with cobb a 2 point conversion sends the game to ot.

That game became close at the end because the Panthers stopped competing. There's no reason to believe that will happen again.

The first three quarters should definitely work as a cautionary tale that the Packers face a tough opponent on Sunday though.

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Like Brett Favre before him Aaron Rodgers is the Michael Jordan of the nfl. There's just no one that makes it look as good and no one that wants to win more. The difference is Aaron and Brett couldn't play defense and Jordan could. Still anytime you have that guy you have a chance to win the Superbowl. And i hate to say it bit rodgers is even more Jordan than Favre. He's gonna be calling out his middle school coach at his hall of fame speech. Like Jordan he takes things personal and when he feels disrespected he holds a grudge. I'm betting he plays even better than he did during the running of the table last year including absolutely embarissing the Vikings defense

Last edited:

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
Like Brett Favre before him Aaron Rodgers is the Michael Jordan of the nfl. There's just no one that makes it look as good and no one that wants to win more. The difference is Aaron and Brett couldn't play defense and Jordan could. Still anytime you have that guy you have a chance to win the Superbowl. And i hate to say it bit rodgers is even more Jordan than Favre. He's gonna be calling out his middle school coach at his hall of fame speech. Like Jordan he takes things personal and when he feels disrespected he holds a grudge. I'm betting he plays even better than he did during the running of the table last year including absolutely embarissing the Vikings defense
I'm with you on Rodgers being the Jordan of the NFL.

My ribs are hurting from laughing uncontrollably however on your comment about Favre being the Jordan of the NFL :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

Hilarious.

Title Town USA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Can we delete this thread or at least change the title? Especially considering nobody named "Rogers" currently plays for the Packers. And even if the name was spelled correctly, the title would be false. Playing your franchise quarterback with a chance to make the playoffs when he has gained medical clearance is not "stupid."

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Their odds are still zero. Have you watched the Packer games? The defense is garbage. Period.

H

HardRightEdge

Uh The Cowboys doctors are not The Pack doctors. Doctor McKenzie is very good.
Packer players play injured all the time just like on any other team. This season we've seen a few instances of injury, then play, then injured again and out again. House appears to be the most recent example. It's the nature of the beast. You'd just rather not see it happen to Rodgers right arm.

But the die is cast, so lets get on with it.

Packer Fan in SD

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Davon had a shoulder injury, played and then had a transverse process fracture in his back. two different injuries. Yes, anyone can be injured, but one injury does not mean the second is or will be connected to the first. The Packers have a history of being conservative.

As for our defense, getting even a few more first downs and maybe a few scores more with RODGERS will make the job easier. BH doing little to nothing until the 4th quarter has a bit to do with us giving up yards and points. Yeah, our D is not great, but playing so much of each game losing yards to his running backwards or missing receivers on third down has a lot to do with us giving up points. That will be much less with RODGERS.

Carl 2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A broken collarbone takes about 5-6 months to fully heal.

Return to sport is often way earlier than 6 months though, around 4-6 weeks and in athletes, surgery often speeds up a return.

It's worth noting that many studies have not done a good job of specifically describing the timeline of return and level of return (training vs. competition).

Also, just one study actually looked at complications after returning and found none with a return prior to 6 weeks.

Of course this all varies with the sport and individual.

In short, the current data states that 4-6 weeks is typical return timeline for athletes, but most studies aren't clear on what exactly a return is and if there is an increased risk by returning within 6 weeks.

The source is a systmatic review on clavicle fractures.

It's a long and boring read, but has good info.

https://academic.oup.com/bmb/article/119/1/111/1744610

D

Deleted member 6794

Their odds are still zero. Have you watched the Packer games? The defense is garbage. Period.

The Packers have won a lot of games with Rodgers starting while featuring a terrible defense over the past seven seasons though. Let's hope he's able to add another seven to that list in 2017.

Members online

Latest posts