1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Play Rodgers in Every Game?

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by Packersfan43084, Sep 9, 2006.

1. Packersfan43084

Packersfan43084 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I was just checking out packersnews.com and saw a video blog by Rob Demovsky in which he said Aaron Rodgers should get snaps in every game this year. He suggested maybe one series in the 1st half and one series in the 2nd half. He alluded to the Falcons doing this with Mike Vick when he was a rookie. His reasoning was that the Packers are a rebuilding team and that Rodgers is the teams future starting QB, so if he got some playing time in every game, he wouldn't be as overwhelmed when in fact he becomes the starter.

I totally disagree. You play too win each game and Favre is clearly our best QB. It's week 1, in the NFL, anything can happen. Who knows, we could win the division. This guy is a complete idiot in my book.

What say you?

2. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    i seen it, and also disagree.

best players. at all times. compete.

3. umair

umair Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    i think we should let him get one or two series snaps when we are winning the game by at least 10 points.

4. SuperRat

SuperRat Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I disagree as well, and bringing up a guy with one of the lowest passer ratings of any starters to try to illustrate your point doesn't really get you anywhere.

5. Tylaa

Tylaa Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Bring him in when were losing by alot or winning by alot only...

6. scharles

scharles Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Agreed, the only time a backup should be playing... is in that situation.

7. WinnipegPackFan

WinnipegPackFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I won't even go into the list of reasons that this is one of the most idiotic suggestions I have heard of.

Brett is our QB and Rodgers should only come in if we are winning by enough that the coaches feel comfortable enough to experiment !!!!

8. 4packgirl

4packgirl Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    ditto, cyber sweetie!

this is merely an attempt to pis$ off packers fans - too bad the guys premise is laughable!! :lol:

9. PWT36

PWT36 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Backups only come in when the game is out of hand either way, losing or winning. Aaron Rodger's time is coming, it isn't right now!! Right now he is an apprentice.

10. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    I think the ONLY people that would like to see this happen is Vikings, Lions, and Bears (oh my!) fans! 8)

11. cyoung

cyoung Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    I say give him more playing time then last year but not all snaps if Green Bay is winning 10+ or Losing and Brett is getting the worst end of it (a lot of incompletions, interceptions etc) then sure what could hurt. I think Brett should be geting the most of the snaps though

12. thetombradyhater

thetombradyhater Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Try to get him snaps but don't put him in unless we have the game or have definatly lost the game

13. Packman4Favre

Packman4Favre Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Like the Bears did with Cade McNown! Yea Right !!!!!!!

14. yooperfan

yooperfan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I agree.
    Changing QB's would be disruptive to the whole team.
    If they put him in, they should leave him in but don't put him in unless it is a blowout or injury (heaven forbid) situation.

15. CaliforniaCheez

CaliforniaCheez Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    If a thread was started over every stupid thing a journalist says (a lot of them are) there would be too many threads. There is almost freedom of speech and there is freedom to not believe the opinions of others.

Most people so not like things granted without being earned. Rob Demovsky's opinion may have more merit if Rodgers had done something to earn additional time. He has not.

16. recte44

recte44 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    This is not a good idea. QB's need to get into the flow of a game by being in the game start to finish. This is why the platoon system has been tried time and again (mostly in college and high school) and the results are almost always bad.

17. Zombieslayer

Zombieslayer Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    With Packers up 21 points in 2nd half, put in Rodgers.

18. agopackgo4

agopackgo4 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah, no way that should be done. What are a few snaps going to do for him? when his time comes he will be ready..dont worry everyone

19. kmac

kmac Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Multiple QB's doesn't even work in High School. All this could do is mess up Brett's rythym. Rodgers can learn behind Brett for 1, and even possibly 2 more years, then take over. Steve Young didn't get his shot for a long time. There's no reason to freak out and make sure Aaron gets into games.

20. CalifPacker

CalifPacker Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1

Yup, You start and play your best.

21. YERCELL

YERCELL Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    So you'd rather have Rodgers than Vick? I know that's not the point, but Vick isn't about passer rating. And who cares if he played anywhere near like he did yesterday?