Play Rodgers in Every Game?

Packersfan43084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was just checking out packersnews.com and saw a video blog by Rob Demovsky in which he said Aaron Rodgers should get snaps in every game this year. He suggested maybe one series in the 1st half and one series in the 2nd half. He alluded to the Falcons doing this with Mike Vick when he was a rookie. His reasoning was that the Packers are a rebuilding team and that Rodgers is the teams future starting QB, so if he got some playing time in every game, he wouldn't be as overwhelmed when in fact he becomes the starter.

I totally disagree. You play too win each game and Favre is clearly our best QB. It's week 1, in the NFL, anything can happen. Who knows, we could win the division. This guy is a complete idiot in my book.

What say you?

umair

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i think we should let him get one or two series snaps when we are winning the game by at least 10 points.

SuperRat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I disagree as well, and bringing up a guy with one of the lowest passer ratings of any starters to try to illustrate your point doesn't really get you anywhere.

Tylaa

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bring him in when were losing by alot or winning by alot only...

WinnipegPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I won't even go into the list of reasons that this is one of the most idiotic suggestions I have heard of.

Brett is our QB and Rodgers should only come in if we are winning by enough that the coaches feel comfortable enough to experiment !!!!

4packgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
WinnipegPackFan said:
I won't even go into the list of reasons that this is one of the most idiotic suggestions I have heard of.

Brett is our QB and Rodgers should only come in if we are winning by enough that the coaches feel comfortable enough to experiment !!!!

ditto, cyber sweetie!

this is merely an attempt to pis$ off packers fans - too bad the guys premise is laughable!! :lol:

PWT36

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Backups only come in when the game is out of hand either way, losing or winning. Aaron Rodger's time is coming, it isn't right now!! Right now he is an apprentice.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
PWT36 said:
Backups only come in when the game is out of hand either way, losing or winning. Aaron Rodger's time is coming, it isn't right now!! Right now he is an apprentice.

I think the ONLY people that would like to see this happen is Vikings, Lions, and Bears (oh my!) fans! 8)

cyoung

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I say give him more playing time then last year but not all snaps if Green Bay is winning 10+ or Losing and Brett is getting the worst end of it (a lot of incompletions, interceptions etc) then sure what could hurt. I think Brett should be geting the most of the snaps though

yooperfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
PWT36 said:

I agree.
Changing QB's would be disruptive to the whole team.
If they put him in, they should leave him in but don't put him in unless it is a blowout or injury (heaven forbid) situation.

CaliforniaCheez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packersfan43084 said:
I was just checking out packersnews.com and saw a video blog by Rob Demovsky in which he said Aaron Rodgers should get snaps in every game this year.

I totally disagree. This guy is a complete idiot in my book.

If a thread was started over every stupid thing a journalist says (a lot of them are) there would be too many threads. There is almost freedom of speech and there is freedom to not believe the opinions of others.

Most people so not like things granted without being earned. Rob Demovsky's opinion may have more merit if Rodgers had done something to earn additional time. He has not.

recte44

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is not a good idea. QB's need to get into the flow of a game by being in the game start to finish. This is why the platoon system has been tried time and again (mostly in college and high school) and the results are almost always bad.

agopackgo4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packersfan43084 said:
I was just checking out packersnews.com and saw a video blog by Rob Demovsky in which he said Aaron Rodgers should get snaps in every game this year. He suggested maybe one series in the 1st half and one series in the 2nd half. He alluded to the Falcons doing this with Mike Vick when he was a rookie. His reasoning was that the Packers are a rebuilding team and that Rodgers is the teams future starting QB, so if he got some playing time in every game, he wouldn't be as overwhelmed when in fact he becomes the starter.

I totally disagree. You play too win each game and Favre is clearly our best QB. It's week 1, in the NFL, anything can happen. Who knows, we could win the division. This guy is a complete idiot in my book.

What say you?

Yeah, no way that should be done. What are a few snaps going to do for him? when his time comes he will be ready..dont worry everyone

kmac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Multiple QB's doesn't even work in High School. All this could do is mess up Brett's rythym. Rodgers can learn behind Brett for 1, and even possibly 2 more years, then take over. Steve Young didn't get his shot for a long time. There's no reason to freak out and make sure Aaron gets into games.

CalifPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
WinnipegPackFan said:

Yup, You start and play your best.

YERCELL

Cheesehead
Reaction score
SuperRat said:
I disagree as well, and bringing up a guy with one of the lowest passer ratings of any starters to try to illustrate your point doesn't really get you anywhere.

So you'd rather have Rodgers than Vick? I know that's not the point, but Vick isn't about passer rating. And who cares if he played anywhere near like he did yesterday?

Members online

Latest posts