Pierre-Paul Backs Off Of Guarantee

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
“People came up to me and asked what I said, and it came from the heart,” Pierre-Paul said. “If we go out there and play like we're supposed to play and like we did last Sunday, we're going to win.

I didn't think that you were supposed to qualify a guarantee by changing it to an "If we" statement. That's like saying that 60% of the time someone wins all of the time!

BSchujasNYG

Giants Fan
Reaction score
I really don't think it means much and I think people, as usual, are reading too much into these player predictions. Yes, if the Giants play their best game, they will win. Same goes for the Packers.

I don't get why people get so into these statements. The Giants are going to go into Lambeau and either:

a.) Lay an egg
or..
b.) Play an incredible game of football

N

NYGIANTS141

Honestly, watching the interview it's kinda taken out of perspective. He is asked multiple times by interviewers what he thinks and, with a smile, he answered we will win. I think its just confidence. I don't think he was really trying to talk trash about the Packers.

RandyM

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Honestly, watching the interview it's kinda taken out of perspective. He is asked multiple times by interviewers what he thinks and, with a smile, he answered we will win. I think its just confidence. I don't think he was really trying to talk trash about the Packers.

What else is he going to say...we gonna lose? Of course not..

N

NYGIANTS141

What else is he going to say...we gonna lose? Of course not..

Exactly right. It's like the earlier incident with Eli and Brady. What was Eli supposed to say, "I suck" ? No. He didn't even say he was better than Brady, I thought he answered it well.

JPP couldn't really have answered it differently without either a) seeming unconfident or b) trashing the Packers.

N

NYGIANTS141

...and that's why you're always dumb to make a guarantee

Hey, at least we aren't the Jets. God forbid.

I'll take the occasional dumb comment, even though I don't really think JPP said it as a guarantee. Said it in a playful way with a smile, no disrespect intended...but you're right, things like these could be taken the wrong way.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts