1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Pierre-Paul Backs Off Of Guarantee

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by El Guapo, Jan 11, 2012.

1. El Guapo

El Guapo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,992
    I didn't think that you were supposed to qualify a guarantee by changing it to an "If we" statement. That's like saying that 60% of the time someone wins all of the time!

2. BSchujasNYG

BSchujasNYG Giants Fan

Ratings:
    +0
    I really don't think it means much and I think people, as usual, are reading too much into these player predictions. Yes, if the Giants play their best game, they will win. Same goes for the Packers.

I don't get why people get so into these statements. The Giants are going to go into Lambeau and either:

a.) Lay an egg
    or..
    b.) Play an incredible game of football

3. NYGIANTS141

NYGIANTS141 Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Honestly, watching the interview it's kinda taken out of perspective. He is asked multiple times by interviewers what he thinks and, with a smile, he answered we will win. I think its just confidence. I don't think he was really trying to talk trash about the Packers.

4. RandyM

RandyM Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +53
    What else is he going to say...we gonna lose? Of course not..

• Like Like x 1
  5. NYGIANTS141

NYGIANTS141 Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Exactly right. It's like the earlier incident with Eli and Brady. What was Eli supposed to say, "I suck" ? No. He didn't even say he was better than Brady, I thought he answered it well.

JPP couldn't really have answered it differently without either a) seeming unconfident or b) trashing the Packers.

6. RandyM

RandyM Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +53
    Sometimes these reporters "bait" players or individuals when emotions are high....

7. El Guapo

El Guapo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,992
    ...and that's why you're always dumb to make a guarantee

8. NYGIANTS141

NYGIANTS141 Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Hey, at least we aren't the Jets. God forbid.

I'll take the occasional dumb comment, even though I don't really think JPP said it as a guarantee. Said it in a playful way with a smile, no disrespect intended...but you're right, things like these could be taken the wrong way.