Pick #30, Who are your favorite prospects?

Who do you take at 30?

• Grant Delpit S LSU

Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Jonathan Taylor RB Wisconsin

Votes: 5 27.8%
  • Justin Herbert QB Oregon

Votes: 4 22.2%
  • Cesar Ruiz OL Michigan

Votes: 7 38.9%

• Total voters

RepStar15

"We're going to relentlessly chase perfection."
Reaction score
Justin Jefferson and Neville Gallimore are my two favorite prospects for #30. I am also a proponent of trading out if a team that picks early in the second wants to jump ahead for a QB and give us a 4th.

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Justin Jefferson and Neville Gallimore are my two favorite prospects for #30. I am also a proponent of trading out if a team that picks early in the second wants to jump ahead for a QB and give us a 4th.

I honestly could not disagree more.

If I'm taking a WR round one, I'd prefer that they've shown they can beat man press. Not always possible because you don't see a ton of it in college, but a requirement is that they've shown they can win from the outside. Jefferson has done neither. Doesn't mean he's bad, but Rd 1, not for me.

Gallimore is a freak athlete with good power and linear speed, but poor agilities. He doesn't anchor well, doesn't two gap that well, he's a gap shooter. He's a poor fit for what we do on defense, and he's got a ton of developing to do. He's a 2nd or 3rd round player, at best.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
There are a lot of wide receivers that I think could be in play at #30, to the point that I think the Packers may have a chance to trade back for one. The guys I personally like include Tee Higgins, Jalen Reagor, Denzel Mims, Brandon Aiyuk, and Chase Claypool.

If they choose not to pay Bulaga or another RT, then I think OT becomes the most likely target for our first pick. Austin Jackson, Josh Jones, and Ezra Cleveland are the realistic options unless someone unexpectedly falls. I haven't dug into those guys personally to have a strong take on any of them.

At linebacker, much will depend upon what they do in free agency. I think it will be a draft need regardless, but the type of player they go after will depend on the type of player they sign.

Cornerback is a big need, and if they don't sign one then it should be in play for #30. But I haven't dug into the corners in this class.

shockerx

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There are a lot of wide receivers that I think could be in play at #30, to the point that I think the Packers may have a chance to trade back for one. The guys I personally like include Tee Higgins, Jalen Reagor, Denzel Mims, Brandon Aiyuk, and Chase Claypool.

If they choose not to pay Bulaga or another RT, then I think OT becomes the most likely target for our first pick. Austin Jackson, Josh Jones, and Ezra Cleveland are the realistic options unless someone unexpectedly falls. I haven't dug into those guys personally to have a strong take on any of them.

At linebacker, much will depend upon what they do in free agency. I think it will be a draft need regardless, but the type of player they go after will depend on the type of player they sign.

Cornerback is a big need, and if they don't sign one then it should be in play for #30. But I haven't dug into the corners in this class.
Thats it!....Exactly

H

HardRightEdge

Yeah, we need to know what happens in free agency. Signing or not signing Bulaga is something of a pivot point.

We're very much where we started: OT, ILB x 2, WR, TE, nickel corner, DT, ranging from current holes to question marks. How the dominos fall in free agency will set the priorities for the draft.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If we miss on any of the ILB free agents, then Murray or Queen are at the top of the list.

Otherwise, an OT is next as we can still get a WR at 62. Thomas, Jackson or Jones (in that order) would be the pick. We are at a point where we need to think about our next generation of OTs. Bulaga played better and maybe into a big $ FA contract and Bahk played well below his normal level.

Then WR. Jefferson, Aiyuk or Reagor of those who may be there in that order. At least that's today's order.

Next I would look at a DE, Blaylock or a CB Henderson then Diggs.

Given all that, my hope is Murray, Thomas or Jefferson.

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Mims or Reagor at WR, Marlon Davidson at DE, Johnson or Diggs at CB. I don't think there are any ILBs , OTs or TEs that will still be on the board worth the 30th overall pick.

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Mims or Reagor at WR, Marlon Davidson at DE, Johnson or Diggs at CB. I don't think there are any ILBs , OTs or TEs that will still be on the board worth the 30th overall pick.

Oh I like Davidson.

That reminds me, love CJ Henderson.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I disagree with going CB at #30, BUT depending who is there like Diggs or Igbinoghene I'm not going to be mad at them.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
I disagree with going CB at #30, BUT depending who is there like Diggs or Igbinoghene I'm not going to be mad at them.

So much depends on free agency.

Say that by draft day, they've extended Bulaga, signed a significant pass catcher, and locked down a Martinez replacement, but have not addressed cornerback with a veteran.

The CB3 on the Packers last year, Tramon, played 761 snaps. Should we really discount a corner at #30 when there are that many quality snaps to replace? Not to mention that King is an inconsistent, oft injured starter in a contract year.

CB would be close to a must-draft in that scenario, in my opinion.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Don't misinterpret my comment as not a believer in needing to draft a CB, because in every mock I've done I have ran it with the thought of no Tramon resign and needing something even if we did.

Granted I operate typically in my mocks that we resign Bulaga, Lewis, Crosby and sign a starting level ILB. Tramon I don't know...depends on if Taylor gets cut to free up some cash. I strongly feel we are not finding or adding a surefire WR2 or TE1 in FA.

The picture you paint I fully admit I'm giving a stronger consideration at our first pick for sure than I already typically do.

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I need to say it.

Denzel Mims is a mixture of a more athletic Jordy Nelson, and AJ Green.

He is so strong, physical, and athletic.

He's exactly the kind of receiver that Rodgers has loved during his career. Huge catch radius, solid route runner, aggressive, he will make plays. We need him.

I have honestly never been more sold on a WR prospect.

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I need to say it.

Denzel Mims is a mixture of a more athletic Jordy Nelson, and AJ Green.

He is so strong, physical, and athletic.

He's exactly the kind of receiver that Rodgers has loved during his career. Huge catch radius, solid route runner, aggressive, he will make plays. We need him.

I have honestly never been more sold on a WR prospect.
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Watch this. It's beautiful.

Btw, for those who don't follow him, Brett Kollmann is awesome. He's done some good stuff on the Packers previously.

morango

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My favorite realistic options at #30?

1) Trade down a few spots and get a late 3rd or early 4th
2) Denzel Mims
3) Kenneth Murray
4) Cesar Ruiz
5) Zack Baun
6) Ross Blacklock
7) Trade up 10 spots for Andrew Thomas

felix145

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Btw, for those who don't follow him, Brett Kollmann is awesome. He's done some good stuff on the Packers previously.

I'm all in for Denzel Mims, but I think his draft stock has raised rapidly after the combine. If he is available at pick 20-25 I would trade up to get him even though the WR class is deep. He is special. Reminds me a lot of Jordy.

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Give me Josh Jones or Denzel Mims. Otherwise trade down if possible.

Probably take Josh Jones over Mims because of positional value.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
If the Packers let Bulaga walk, they are going to be in pretty big need of an offensive tackle.

This is a great OT class, but picking at #30 is going to make things pretty difficult.

Jedrick Wills, Andrew Thomas, Mekhi Becton, and Tristan Wirfs are obviously all highly rated prospects, and none of them are realistic options for the Packers.

As far as I've seen, both with my own eyes and via some pretty smart OL people, Josh Jones of Houston is the OT5. Even if he makes it into the 20's, it's hard to see him getting to #30 with the Dolphins, Vikings, Patriots, Seahawks, and Titans all picking right in front of us.

After that group, there are some guys that are hard to get a read on.

Austin Jackson is clearly very talented, and very young. He will be 20 years old on draft day. He donated bone marrow to his sister over the summer, and has stated that it effected his play and ability to get into football shape. His tape is really uneven. The talent is evident, but there are some pretty obvious low points. And this is true both early in the season, and late, which at least makes me a little bit skeptical that the only reason he struggled was the surgery and not being in football shape to start the season. But on the other hand, it's possible that he's a lot better than what he was able to show as a 20 year old fighting an uphill battle.

The other guy that's tricky is Ezra Cleveland of Boise State. After his big showing at the combine, he's attracted some notice. He's got excellent size and elite athleticism for the position. I haven't seen anything other than his Florida State game. I think he looked pretty capable in that outing, but evidently there were some rough showings later in the season. What's tricky is that he suffered a turf toe injury during that wk 1 game, and was trying to play through it thereafter. So did he only appear poor at times because he was playing hurt? Or is he really in need of some development before he's ready to play?

PackFan2

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Brett is great and I love his takes. Theyre super entertaining. Of course, he has some funny major misses (Mahomes and Hackenburg). But I loves how he owns up to them unlike some other youtubers, especially youtubers who do the "Who was drafted before... [insert big time name]." Hell, I got my misses too lol.
I've taken a liking to JT O'Sullivan with the QBSchool channel and some of Chris Simms takes.

PackFan2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Pick at 30..
1. Trade down for picks.
2. Draft Kenneth Murray
3. Draft highly rated prospect (rated by Packers) that fell

Latest posts