Pettine on sideline?

Arod2gjdd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What do you all think the chances are that Pettine coaches from the sidelines next season? Idk the players seem to like him and he could be of help to the first year coach

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
slim chance.

While I had hoped he would be on the sidelines, since I feel that is the place that coaches have more direct influence on players, he was in the press box last year and I assume that is his preference and where he will stay.

Communication with other coaches isn't effected being where he is, they have headsets for that. Guessing he feels that he has a better view, that affords him a bigger picture.

Lets's just hope his new assistants that are on the sidelines, are able to effectively motivate their players.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
https://www.google.com/amp/s/packer...ains-why-he-will-call-games-in-the-booth/amp/

so I’ll have a lot of information spread out in front of me. When you’re on the sideline you’re usually limited to what you’re carrying.”

In 2013, Pettine said he decided to call the defense from the sideline based on how offenses were going up-tempo, so he tried to economize the communications process by calling plays directly on the sideline, which would cut out the middleman responsible for relaying the plays to the players.

Pettine said he prefers to look at his call sheet and cross out the plays he’s called, which was something he couldn’t do ********* through a laminated packet

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would prefer him on the sideline. But I doubt it since he did not last year. Maybe he could just give it a try?

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Being an NFL coach must be really funny. In what other line of work do you have all sorts of amateur people telling you how you should be doing your job?

"No doc-- not that scalpel. You want the next size up. Trust me; I saw it on TV."

Pettine is in the booth because he feels he's most effective from there. I doubt that changes. And if that's how he feels about it, then that's where I think he should be.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
What do you all think the chances are that Pettine coaches from the sidelines next season? Idk the players seem to like him and he could be of help to the first year coach
I would prefer him on the sideline. But I doubt it since he did not last year. Maybe he could just give it a try?
If Pettine feels as if he’s more productive from above as opposed to on the sidelines, that’s what he needs to continue to do.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I think a lot of Packers saw the fiery personality of Kevin Green on the sidelines, when he was the Packers linebackers coach and was hoping that Pettine, who is also a self admitted "fired up guy", would somehow recreate that.

After watching the Packer defense for the last several seasons, I can't deny that it appears it is something they need, but have to trust that Pettine knows that he is a better asset to the Packers in the booth.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts