Peter King's take on Favre asking for release

evad04

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Interesting take from Peter King. I wonder where the truth is -- has it been speculated already or is it just the brilliant suffusion of Pat Kirwan and Peter King's theories??? I mean, I can't help but read these articles but they seem to have little to actually offer other than thought fodder for the current moment.

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
"Mark my words: Unless Favre agrees to some sort of handshake, gentleman agreement that he'll steer clear of the NFC North, there's no way the Packers will allow him to go free."

Hey, that's exactly what I suggested in another thread just a couple hours ago! Where do I collect my prize?

I think Peter King is wrong, though, in assuming that the Packers would rather have him play in Green Bay in 2008 than somewhere else. Maybe he wrote this before the official statement from the Packers was made late this afternoon. It really would be best to cut ties. At this point it would be too disruptive to have him back. It would be a big soap opera.

I like the idea that Favre is asking for his release because he does not want to screw over Aaron Rodgers, who is ready to take over in Green Bay. I really think that is quite possible. You hardly ever hear anyone speculating about anyone's GOOD motives in all this.

PackOne

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is not indication of where I stand, but the more I think it through the possibility of number four next year is certainly valid.

IronMan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Greg C. said:
I like the idea that Favre is asking for his release because he does not want to screw over Aaron Rodgers, who is ready to take over in Green Bay. I really think that is quite possible. You hardly ever hear anyone speculating about anyone's GOOD motives in all this.

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The part where TT basically ignored Cook and Favre for three months is way off base from the article today in Yahoo Sports that chronicles the activity with Favre throughout the offesason.

Just because he didn't let the cat out of the bag there was way more going on than TT ignoring the situation. It may appear that way because of Brett's own indeciveness which TT was NOT going to let out to the public unitl something firm was decided.

The only thing the guy could do was keep shut until Brett got off the fence although it unfortunately became a media volcano anyhow.

eap33

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I honestly never even thought about the possibility that Favre just wanted to leave A-Rod's spotlight alone. Provocative indeed. I still don't want to see him in Purple. That would ruin my day. Buccs? Sure. Unless they make the Superbowl... in which case I'll ***** and complain about how we should have kept him.

arrowgargantuan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I honestly never even thought about the possibility that Favre just wanted to leave A-Rod's spotlight alone. Provocative indeed.

that didn't cross my mind either, and that could very well be the case.

hopefully we'll get some answers tonight on FOX.

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If ARods feelings had anything to do with this it would have been very simple for Brett Favre to have come out saying he would like to come back with another team when all this started.

He did not. He said he wanted to be REINSTATED and LATER he then asked for a release. Initially, Brett wanted back and he wanted back as the starter unless "give me my HELMET or give me a release" means anything other than that.

Does anyone really think he sat back and said "oh shucks, I forgot about Aaron so I need to just go somewhere else?"

C'mon. I mean Brett making the decison to come back when he did and the way he did meant he had to be selfish to a degree in order for this to happen. I'm not saying that in a bad way. If you want something bad enough you have to go get it and if if means someone else is going to get hurt then it comes down to what's more important to you.

But call a duck a duck because it is what it is.