Peppers only got 1 year 3.5 million?

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
For that I would say it would have been a no brainer to bring him back for one last run. The only thing I can think is peppers was done with the packers and not the other way around otherwise this was a major mistake just like it was a mistake to not talk to Woodson about a pay cut which it turns out he was willing to agree to. If TT just assumed peppers wouldn't play at his number as he did with Woodson this is another case of not doing your due diligence

D

Deleted member 6794

For that I would say it would have been a no brainer to bring him back for one last run. The only thing I can think is peppers was done with the packers and not the other way around otherwise this was a major mistake just like it was a mistake to not talk to Woodson about a pay cut which it turns out he was willing to agree to. If TT just assumed peppers wouldn't play at his number as he did with Woodson this is another case of not doing your due diligence

I got the impression that Peppers wanted to return to Carolina. Therefore Thompson doesn't deserve any blame for Julius not re-signing with the Packers.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think it had more to do with Peppers wanting to go out with the team he started with. No problems with not signing him this time around, only regret is they didn't get him a ring in 2014

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think it had more to do with Peppers wanting to go out with the team he started with. No problems with not signing him this time around, only regret is they didn't get him a ring in 2014

I'll beat a dead horse and remind everyone he could have helped himself out with that ring in the 14-15 NFCCG. ;)

Anyway, I'm fine with this either way. I would have been fine with paying him that to return, I'm fine with him if he wanted to go to Carolina instead, and I'm fine if we simply moved on and didn't want to pay him that. Given his age and the fact that he's a very part time player now, that's about as high as I would have wanted to see us go.

Members online

Latest posts