Peppers needs a ring.

GreenBaySlacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Im sure when Peppers came to GB he had a ring in his plans. Its been a couple of heart breaking endings since he was here. I could see it in his face. I seen that look early this year when we got our 6th loss to go 4-6. It was over, and he knew it.
As fate would have it...... He gets another chance to get his prize...

I want to see Peppers pull a reggie white, and take a couple of these games over. Finish his HOF career with that championship!!!

gonzozab

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hard to feel sorry for someone who could've had one had he not been the catalyst to the Meltdown in Seattle for telling Burnett to get down after his interception. Plus he had his chance in 2003.

AKCheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If he already had his ring he coulda been taking a blow when the game was on the line in Seattle like Clay did.

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hard to feel sorry for someone who could've had one had he not been the catalyst to the Meltdown in Seattle for telling Burnett to get down after his interception. Plus he had his chance in 2003.

Yep. Might already have a ring if he didn't frantically wave to Burnett to get down after a INT in the NFCCG like the game was already over .

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If Peppers is going to get a ring then he needs to play like he did when he was with the Panthers when he was a beast. He can't flash for a play and then take the next 30 plays off. He has been remarkably healthy during his career and he is still a physical specimen but he sure plays like he's old. Since he never really switched onto total beast mode during his last two playoff appearances, I just don't think JP is good for more than one or two plays per game which isn't good enough given the debacle the Packers have at CB.

D

Deleted member 6794

If Peppers is going to get a ring then he needs to play like he did when he was with the Panthers when he was a beast. He can't flash for a play and then take the next 30 plays off. He has been remarkably healthy during his career and he is still a physical specimen but he sure plays like he's old. Since he never really switched onto total beast mode during his last two playoff appearances, I just don't think JP is good for more than one or two plays per game which isn't good enough given the debacle the Packers have at CB.

Peppers is still an above average edge rusher and I don't believe he's taking plays off. The Packers had him on a snap count for most of the season to have him fresh at this point of the season. Hopefully it pays off over the next few weeks.

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Whether Peppers is taking plays off or not really isn't the question. He often disappears for long stretches where his production is minimal. That can't happen if the Packers want to win today and go on a playoff run.

D

Deleted member 6794

Whether Peppers is taking plays off or not really isn't the question. He often disappears for long stretches where his production is minimal. That can't happen if the Packers want to win today and go on a playoff run.

The Packers need all of their pass rushers and not only Peppers to have an impact to be successful the rest of this season.

Sky King

Reaction score
That is somewhat reminiscent of how Reggie had finished his career here. He may still have a rabbit or two to pull out of his hat. At least I hope so, starting this evening.

lambeaulambo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
does Pepp have a hole in his hammy that god healed? I would love to see the wheelchair get some silicone...LOL

Dirty Sanchez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
does Pepp have a hole in his hammy that god healed? I would love to see the wheelchair get some silicone...LOL
I guess I am not understanding what you are saying, but I am happy Peppers is still playing ball. He has gas in the tank! As far as that goes, I hope he's back again next year.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

I`m always intrigued when somebody says this. "Rodgers needs a ring", and now "Peppers needs a ring too ?". No offence intended here, but this gets to me. WE, the fans need a Superbowl win. We need it !! They control their destiny to a degree, we don`t however. They owe US a Superbowl !! JMHO

OP
OP
G

GreenBaySlacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodgers got his ring:)
Peppers is one of those iconic guys that everyone wants to see get his ring. What like top 5 in sacks all time? Still counting. Ironman... Started #1 overall pick and has his seat saved in canton.

All thats missing is a ring.

Thats high odds that peppers gets that hall of fame look to finish his contract...

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

rs got his ring:)

When ????? Nobody told me !! :eek:

Seriously, I understand where you are coming from, but WE need to be rewarded for OUR loyalty. They get paid win or fail, we don`t. Just an off season of what could have been, and I am getting tired of it.

Reaction score
We need Peppers right now to step it up a notch. He is still a terrific athlete and a fine leader and he is one of several key Defensive players that could spark this defensive to lean towards dominance in the trenches.
My best guess is that we will see more of Julius starting this game and I think he makes a key play or two that turns the tide for our D

D

Deleted member 6794

I guess I am not understanding what you are saying, but I am happy Peppers is still playing ball. He has gas in the tank! As far as that goes, I hope he's back again next year.

I would be fine with the Packers re-signing Peppers for a moderate contract to bring him back for next season. There's no way he should earn close to what he did over the last three seasons though.

Peppers is one of those iconic guys that everyone wants to see get his ring. What like top 5 in sacks all time? Still counting. Ironman... Started #1 overall pick and has his seat saved in canton.

FYI Peppers was selected second overall in the 2002 draft behind David Carr.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He can still play, I hope he gets his ring this year! but if he has to wait till next, i'd be fine bringing him back for a modest amount. Pay the man, but he's already rich. he'll still provide benefit to this team, but he's not close to the double digit millions anymore. Bring him back, put him on a play count. unless of course we win it all this year, then maybe he hangs 'em up.

Latest posts