Parris Campbell

OP
OP
G

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was wrong about a WR?

Last year I said I liked Sutton, and I didn't think he would go in the first round. You swore up and down that he would. I never said he was bad, never said I didn't like him.

What round did he go in btw? Cause I sure as hell wasn't wrong, buddy.

OP
OP
G

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Anyways, I posted an in-depth analysis of Campbell. He's not going first round. I'll stake money on it. You of course, won't.

Enjoy the rest of the Campbell discussion, I have nothing more to say.

Last edited:

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Actual thoughts on a prospect > aggrivated personal attacks.

Last edited:

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
I was wrong about a WR?

Last year I said I liked Sutton, and I didn't think he would go in the first round. You swore up and down that he would. I never said he was bad, never said I didn't like him.

Sutton went 40th so quit acting like he dropped way way down. Becauae he played at SMU in the American Athletic and couldn't run under 4.5 he dropped.

I don't care if Campbell goes in 1st or 2nd as long as we get him but he is gonna burn rubber and test amazing at combine and has production in Big 10 so I would be surprised if he makes it too 2nd round. Someone is gonna cash in on that speed.

PackFan2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Hockenson hype train has gotten out of control. I'd rather draft a RB early instead of a TE.
Sameee. Just like Jace Amaro, Maxx Williams or a Coby Fleener. More miss than hits. Can take a TE in later rounds

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
You've really gotta learn basic grammar my man. I can't read that.

Sorry If your having a hard time.

Regarding the prospect, If you can't have the basic vision on how someone projects to a certain team and scheme then I can't help you.

All your analysis does is grade a player by himself. I have said this several times over the years that the major key when grading a player is to take into account the scheme and situation he will be involved in when projecting that player.

An engine is made up of several parts with each part doing a particular job. If you take one of the parts out of the engine it will not run as supposed to or maybe not run at all. Right now the Packers offensive engine has several parts not working well so we need to "replace and upgrade" those parts or we will fail again. Adding Parris Campbell would be like adding a "Turbo-SuperCharger" to the engine which it desperately needs to keep up with the rest of the league.

I hope this can help you.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

Jesus H...Have you two actually ever met face to face ??? I've seen married couples who argue less than you two. ffs !! :x3:

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Hockenson hype train has gotten out of control. I'd rather draft a RB early instead of a TE.

I prefer a te early over a rb early definitely, the offense hasn't been the same since Finley's injury just like the defense hasn't been the same since nick Collins injury. It could be argued that those 2 injuries more than anything else have left the Packers where they are today.

But even though I prefer a te hockenson is not a top my list

1. Irv Smith jr (2nd)
2. Tj hockenson (2nd)
3. Noah Fant (1st)
4. Josh Oliver (4th)
5. Jace sternberger (4th)

Albert O has fallen out of my top five

I think Fant goes first but I wouldn't wanna spend a first on the position because I don't think the value will be there as hopefully there will be higher rated players on the board at #30. I'd be content to take either Smith or Hockenson in the 2nd as I'm fairly confident one will fall to #44. And I wouldn't be against taking another one in the 5th if Oliver or sternberger fall. As this is likely Graham's final season in GB. And even if it's not 2020 is. So, by then you have whichever 1/2 you get this year really coming into their own by the time Graham is gone.

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was wrong about a WR?

Yeah but to gloat over that is kinda weak because that was such an easy call. Everyone knew Sutton wasn't going in the first. But in the end Brandon was right because Sutton had himself what I would call a great rookie season considering his qb. 42 catches 704 yards 16.8 a catch and 4 tds

OP
OP
G

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah but to gloat over that is kinda weak because that was such an easy call. Everyone knew Sutton wasn't going in the first. But in the end Brandon was right because Sutton had himself what I would call a great rookie season considering his qb. 42 catches 704 yards 16.8 a catch and 4 tds

And I liked Sutton! I thought he would be good here! I just didn't want him in the 1st, which made Brandon think that I didn't like him. That's the kind of crap that annoys me.

Look, I know I'm not any type of expert. But I have opinions, and that's ok. I can discuss pretty much everything here with people here reasonably well, except for one. And other people here have the same issue with this person. It just gets old.

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Albert O isn't in the draft my man.

Well then I guess he's fallen off my list completely. I never get a guy staying in school longer than they have to. I'd take the money the first chance I got because you never know if that chance will come again. Now if college players got paid as any other emoloyee does that'd be another story and another conversation

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And I liked Sutton! I thought he would be good here! I just didn't want him in the 1st, which made Brandon think that I didn't like him. That's the kind of crap that annoys me.

Look, I know I'm not any type of expert. But I have opinions, and that's ok. I can discuss pretty much everything here with people here reasonably well, except for one. And other people here have the same issue with this person. It just gets old.

I was against Sutton all together just didn't think he had it. So far I was incorrect. But not about the round he went in I'm pretty good at estimating that.

But yeah obviously none of us are experts unless one of us is actually gute's burner account haha who knows? So really none of this is to be taken too seriously. First it's just a game second none of us are getting paid for this, it's just fun

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
I was against Sutton all together just didn't think he had it. So far I was incorrect. But not about the round he went in I'm pretty good at estimating that.

But yeah obviously none of us are experts unless one of us is actually gute's burner account haha who knows? So really none of this is to be taken too seriously. First it's just a game second none of us are getting paid for this, it's just fun

Exactly. So some (one) people (person) should stop pitching a fit when others don't see a pet prospect the same way.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
Omg. Wah Wah Wah. Brandon's said this and Brandon said that. I called second round and Brandon was wrong. I badger Brandon every day about the guy he likes until he gets mad. Then when the player turns out to be good I magically liked him all along.

"Love Letters of Packer Forum"

OP
OP
G

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I always said I liked him. See, you can try to lie a lot...but you can go through my post history and see what I said! It's really easy! Like...I can go back and see that you said we should take Campbell at #12, and that he could be better than Michael Thomas, things like that. And I don't have to lie about it! So nice.

And disagreeing with you is not badgering you. Snap back to reality.

/Had to sneak some Eminem in there, for the funs

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
I always said I liked him. See, you can try to lie a lot...but you can go through my post history and see what I said! It's really easy! Like...I can go back and see that you said we should take Campbell at #12, and that he could be better than Michael Thomas, things like that. And I don't have to lie about it! So nice.

And disagreeing with you is not badgering you. Snap back to reality.

/Had to sneak some Eminem in there, for the funs

After the combine the Packers might have to take Campbell at 12 or trade back a few spots and get him. If they did it would be far from the worst thing they could do considering some names I've seen floated around for the Packers to pick in 1st round.

I really don't have the time or interest to look up all your hate posts on Courtland Sutton either but I can say you constantly insisted "he couldnt separate" and his good play was against mediocre competition and lacked the ability to run good routes. According to you he would only be a red zone target in the NFL etc etc.

You may have others on here buffalo'd but your not fooling me.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score

Exactly, imagine what he would of done with the Packers and Rodgers. We would have a true no.2 and would be a slot receiver away from breaking records.

Instead we still have people mumbling defense and DB's.

Favre>Rodgers259

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Matt Miller just updated his big board and Campbell is rated as his 47th best prospect. So I'd say +/- 10 he's definitely a 2nd or 3rd Round Pick.

I hope he blows up the Combine like you say he is....

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
Matt Miller just updated his big board and Campbell is rated as his 47th best prospect. So I'd say +/- 10 he's definitely a 2nd or 3rd Round Pick.

I hope he blows up the Combine like you say he is....

If he runs sub 4.3 in the forty with other expected combine numbers he will leap frog into first round easily. If he runs in 4.3's he will probably go day 2(second round I imagine). If he somehow tanks at combine and runs in 4.4's he is all the sudden a day 3 pick.

OP
OP
G

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Highly unlikely Campbell goes sub 4.3

Just as a comparison, he and Curtis Samuel were in the same recruiting class. At the SPARQ testing, Samuel ran a 4.36 and Campbell ran a 4.41. Both of those, obviously, are incredible times for a HS player. Samuel went on to run a 4.31 at the combine. Obviously very fast. Just looking at that, and the tape, I would be surprised if Campbell ran a sub 4.3, but I would imagine he will be close. Anything sub 4.45 is really moving, so its obviously not a bad thing.

Anyways, I don't care what he runs, I will stone cold guarantee that Hockenson is drafted before Campbell, and has a more productive rookie year regardless of what team drafts them.