Parris Campbell

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
I mean I guess but I'd say far more likely he's what you said he was a super ty Montgomery/Randall Cobb. I think he could develop into one of the best slot wr In the NFL and be absolutely electric on jet sweeps and catching balls out of the backfield. He's definitely explosive so if the packers drafted him and he put in the work I think he'd be a huge weapon right away and he'd make people forget Cobb pretty quickly. Does he return kicks?

And i'd be fine with that. I'm just saying with his athletic talent the sky is the limit. He can be as good as he wants to be.

Yeah he returned kicks.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
1) The combine shouldn't change anything for Campbell. Everybody already knows he's incredibly fast. That's not a question mark with his game.

2) So Samuels isn't as natural a player, doesn't have the fundamentals and *let me check my notes here* Campbell couldn't get playing time until Samuels (same recruiting class) left OSU?

I was never a big Samuel fan. Sure he is explosive but Parris plays as a more fluid player with better hands and getting in and out of breaks. Campbell definitely projects as a better receiving target then Samuel IMO. Samuel holding an advantage of running the ball from the backfield. I prefer Parris for the NFL Game and Packers.

I believe the combine is huge for Campbell. Not only will Campbell show up with elite speed and other testing but some of the other I expect to drop with less then desireable numbers.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
1) The combine shouldn't change anything for Campbell. Everybody already knows he's incredibly fast. That's not a question mark with his game.

2) So Samuels isn't as natural a player, doesn't have the fundamentals and *let me check my notes here* Campbell couldn't get playing time until Samuels (same recruiting class) left OSU?

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

D

Deleted member 6794

I mean I guess but I'd say far more likely he's what you said he was a super ty Montgomery/Randall Cobb. I think he could develop into one of the best slot wr In the NFL and be absolutely electric on jet sweeps and catching balls out of the backfield. He's definitely explosive so if the packers drafted him and he put in the work I think he'd be a huge weapon right away and he'd make people forget Cobb pretty quickly. Does he return kicks?

Campbell returned a total of 30 kickoffs for an average of 30.4 yards during his college career at Ohio State. He didn't return a single kick in 2018 though.

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Campbell returned a total of 30 kickoffs for an average of 30.4 yards during his college career at Ohio State. He didn't return a single kick in 2018 though.

Well I guess that proves he can do it at a high level. I like him even more now

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Can he? Sure. Did he? No. :)

He clearly has the skills once the ball is in his hands. The question is whether he has the receiving/judgment skills to field the ball from the air. Maybe he can and maybe he can't. But I would prioritize PR skills in any player of this type that the Packers pursue. It's a huge need.

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would like to know if he can return punts.

True ibwas thinking that. If he can then id see a ton more value in him. For me he's a must take in 3rd round. Top 5 in second round as far as depending on who is on the board and I wouldn't take him in first

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
True ibwas thinking that. If he can then id see a ton more value in him. For me he's a must take in 3rd round. Top 5 in second round as far as depending on who is on the board and I wouldn't take him in first

I haven't really studied him yet. A little here and there.

I hope teams ask him to **** some punts at his pro day, just to get a feel.

OP
OP
G

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I haven't really studied him yet. A little here and there.

I hope teams ask him to **** some punts at his pro day, just to get a feel.

I would be surprised if he wasn't good at it. He's very good in the open field with the ball.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
I would be surprised if he wasn't good at it. He's very good in the open field with the ball.

That part, I have no doubt about. But the way he double catches passes just makes me wonder about his ability to field them. I think there's a good chance you're right and he's a good PR guy, but it'd be nice to test him.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
If you watched the video he shows excellent hand eye cordination in short spaces with defenders closing in and near from difrerent catching angles. He shows ability to get hands above shoulder and necessary bend to get lower thrown balls. I don't see an issue with him returning punts.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I did my first fan speak mock today and he was available.
1.1 Montez Sweat edge
1.2 Noah Fant te
2 Andre Dillard ot
3 Paris Campbell wr
4.1 Devin Bush lb
4.2 TJ Hockenson te (not sure how he was still here)
5 Carl Granderson edge
Just curious, do you think Fant will make a better TE than Hockenson? All the charts I’ve seen put Hockenson first, not that this means anything. It comes down to who can succeed in the NFL. Thanks!

OP
OP
G

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just curious, do you think Fant will make a better TE than Hockenson? All the charts I’ve seen put Hockenson first, not that this means anything. It comes down to who can succeed in the NFL. Thanks!

No. Hock is better in almost every facet of the game.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
I don't belive in drafting TE's in the 1st round. Period.

If the Packers draft "ANY TE" in this class in the 1st round we are in big big trouble.

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't belive in drafting TE's in the 1st round. Period.

If the Packers draft "ANY TE" in this class in the 1st round we are in big big trouble.

No that's not true man. Both tj hockenson and Irv Smith are worthy of #30. If you're talking #12 ok but that 2nd pick is a totally different story.

I don't care what you say both of those guys are going to be impact players in the NFL. And it's very unlikely either will be available at #44 or even in the 2nd at all.

So just because you may have to grab them in first you're saying you wouldn't be interested in adding them to the team? Even though a te that can both block and be a weapon is a huge part of the new offense. See George kittle in San Francisco.

It's the same reason Parris Campbell is such a good fit for this new offense. He's an explosive slot who's dangerous on her sweeps or out of the backfield. Can you imagine campbell on the outside zone run that is going to be the final point if the offense? I can he'd be great in that slot/backfield role. Just as either if those tes would be in the delanie walker/kittle role.

Which brings me to John Ross. For a 6th round pick I might do it but I guess I'd much rather sign John Brown in free agency and draft a guy like Parris Campbell, Andy Isabella, penny Hart, Terry Godwin etc. Although I guess signing brown and trading a 6th for Ross wouldn't be bad either. He had 7 tds in only 21 receptions last year. Five of which came in the redzone. So he likely could have a breakout in the Shannon/mcvay/lafleur offensse.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
No that's not true man. Both tj hockenson and Irv Smith are worthy of #30. If you're talking #12 ok but that 2nd pick is a totally different story.

I don't care what you say both of those guys are going to be impact players in the NFL. And it's very unlikely either will be available at #44 or even in the 2nd at all.

So just because you may have to grab them in first you're saying you wouldn't be interested in adding them to the team? Even though a te that can both block and be a weapon is a huge part of the new offense. See George kittle in San Francisco.

It's the same reason Parris Campbell is such a good fit for this new offense. He's an explosive slot who's dangerous on her sweeps or out of the backfield. Can you imagine campbell on the outside zone run that is going to be the final point if the offense? I can he'd be great in that slot/backfield role. Just as either if those tes would be in the delanie walker/kittle role.

Which brings me to John Ross. For a 6th round pick I might do it but I guess I'd much rather sign John Brown in free agency and draft a guy like Parris Campbell, Andy Isabella, penny Hart, Terry Godwin etc. Although I guess signing brown and trading a 6th for Ross wouldn't be bad either. He had 7 tds in only 21 receptions last year. Five of which came in the redzone. So he likely could have a breakout in the Shannon/mcvay/lafleur offensse.

We are paying Jimmie Graham to stay. Randall Cobb is going bye bye. TE is the last place IMO we need help right now on offense considering the other holes. If they can fill all those holes and still get a TE then great but otherwise its a luxury pick. Graham/Tonyan will be okay.

No No No too John Ross. Never liked him and has high school body. Won't hold up IMO and predicted he wouldn't coming out. Don't want another Pac 12 *****. Great! Kevin King and him can sit on the sidelines together.

As i've posted elsewhere John Brown scares me. Had success in a vertical scheme Arians offense but had moments of **** poor effort at Baltimore. However, I would rather gamble on Brown then bringing Cobb back if those are the only options.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 6794

Ross only caught 36.2% of his targets last season which is absolutely terrible. With his base salaries of $5 million over the next two seasons being fully guaranteed the Packers should pass on him.

In addition I would prefer the team to sign a veteran slot receiver over Brown.

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We are paying Jimmie Graham to stay. Randall Cobb is going bye bye. TE is the last place IMO we need help right now on offense considering the other holes. If they can fill all those holes and still get a TE then great but otherwise its a luxury pick. Graham/Tonyan will be okay.

No No No too John Ross. Never liked him and has high school body. Won't hold up IMO and predicted he wouldn't coming out. Don't want another Pac 12 *****. Great! Kevin King and him can sit on the sidelines together.

As i've posted elsewhere John Brown scares me. Had success in a vertical scheme Arians offense but had moments of **** poor effort at Baltimore. However, I would rather gamble on Brown then bringing Cobb back if those are the only options.

I get the win now mentality it's a must what better to concentrate on than the present. You cant ignore the future though. Graham is here for 2019 if he has a great year which I think he will, he'll likely be back in 2020 but even that's not a certainty. So why not get a guy now when tes generally take a year or two to really break out?

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
I get the win now mentality it's a must what better to concentrate on than the present. You cant ignore the future though. Graham is here for 2019 if he has a great year which I think he will, he'll likely be back in 2020 but even that's not a certainty. So why not get a guy now when tes generally take a year or two to really break out?

If they would of drafted that way on offense the past few years we might have the luxury of doing that. Unfortunately, were behind the 8 ball now and have holes all over the place. Maybe they will do some things in free agency that will allow them to be aggressive in drafting a TE early.

I've been talking about the "CUMULATIVE DAMAGE" piling up from bad drafts and personnel moves for several years now and this is just another example of it.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
Very impressive day today for Campbell. Went in there and ran a 4.31 and basically dropped the mic Deion Sanders style. :cool:

RepStar15

"We're going to relentlessly chase perfection."
Reaction score
I absolutely love Paris Campbell. I just do not want to pass on the defensive gold in this draft by taking a WR in the first round. I would much rather take another slot receiver like Andy Isabella in the 3rd (or trade for a late second) or see if Hollywood Brown drops to the second due to his foot injury preventing him from combine and pro day.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
I absolutely love Paris Campbell. I just do not want to pass on the defensive gold in this draft by taking a WR in the first round. I would much rather take another slot receiver like Andy Isabella in the 3rd (or trade for a late second) or see if Hollywood Brown drops to the second due to his foot injury preventing him from combine and pro day.

We need a starter in the slot so it would warrant pick no.30 to get Rodgers a potentially premiere one. The offense desperatly needs chunk plays and someone that can add short area quickness with speed in the middle.

Isabella is 5'8 and Hollywood Brown weighs 165 pounds. Both of those players are too small to be counted on other then splash plays here and there.

Members online

Latest posts