Parris Campbell

Reaction score
Anyways, I don't care what he runs, I will stone cold guarantee that Hockenson is drafted before Campbell, and has a more productive rookie year regardless of what team drafts them.
I don’t doubt T.J. gets picked first as he’s higher on most draft boards, but saying he’s going to supercede Campbell regardless of who is throwing the ball to each of them? I don’t think so.

OP
OP
G

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don’t doubt T.J. gets picked first as he’s higher on most draft boards, but saying he’s going to supercede Campbell regardless of who is throwing the ball to each of them? I don’t think so.

Stone cold guarantee my man.

Wouldn't be the first time I'm wrong though lol.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
All of this talk is subject to the combine. Either player will need to kill it at the combine to make it too the first round.

Based on where i feel each player needs to be at testing I belive Hockenson has the farther path to go. When its all said and done I believe Hockenson to be the player that slips to round two.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
4.3 -4.4 both plenty fast enough. If I saw a receiver I thought was can't miss on tape in ability, i'm not sure how a combine number would move them up or down an entire round when you're talking that speed.

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Have no clue what you guys are talking about but that's not the definition of "out of context."

Dantes is clearly trying to point out an inconsistency. Apparently you previously made the comment about the tape and now the comment about hockenson, Campbell and the combine seemingly contradicts your earlier statement.

However you did preface it by saying "so heavily". But yeah the combine is obviously important no matter how good you are at watching tape because at some point players need to be able to meet certain athletic standards no matter what the tape says

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And yeah 4.4 vs 4.3 isn't it. Now if Campbell runs a 4.15 he's for sure going in round 1. Even if he were to run a 4.2 vs a 4.4I think that could easily move a guy from a 2nd round grade to a first

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Have no clue what you guys are talking about but that's not the definition of "out of context."

Dantes is clearly trying to point out an inconsistency. Apparently you previously made the comment about the tape and now the comment about hockenson, Campbell and the combine seemingly contradicts your earlier statement.

However you did preface it by saying "so heavily". But yeah the combine is obviously important no matter how good you are at watching tape because at some point players need to be able to meet certain athletic standards no matter what the tape says

He mocked me for putting stock in combine results when they weren't favorable towards his (bust) darling, Charles Harris. That was one of maybe 20 posts where he told me I don't know how to assess game tape because I put weight in the combine.

Now that he thinks that the combine will be favorable towards his new pet prospect, it's suddenly important.

He's got an agenda. He's going to shoehorn the evidence into it and be a jerk to whoever disagrees. I thought I would illustrate that.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Hockenson hype train has gotten out of control. I'd rather draft a RB early instead of a TE.
IF MLF commits to the run game (something MM never did), then I agree the addition of another good RB would be wise. I like Jones and Williams, but given the injury-prone nature of the position, another RB is called for. I do hope MLF makes the run game a key part of his game planning. Well, along with a RG and RT that can anchor that side of the line. I don’t know enough about the OL depth in this class, but a starting OL would be a good start, even with the 12th pick.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Randall Cobb is slow, old, injury prone and doesnt catch ball all that great and we payed him over 10 million dollars last year. :eek:
Nice summary. Time to move on from RC, and a few others. I doubt RC would command more than $4 to $5 mil as a FA, and even that’s a lot for a guy so injury prone.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
He mocked me for putting stock in combine results when they weren't favorable towards his (bust) darling, Charles Harris. That was one of maybe 20 posts where he told me I don't know how to assess game tape because I put weight in the combine.

Now that he thinks that the combine will be favorable towards his new pet prospect, it's suddenly important.

He's got an agenda. He's going to shoehorn the evidence into it and be a jerk to whoever disagrees. I thought I would illustrate that.

"TAKE EVERYTHING OUT OF CONTEXT DANTE"

I never said the combine doesn't matter. My point then was that "some people" put everything on the combine with you being one of them. I do expect the combine junkies to be out in full force this year too.

Parris Campbell is a "speed player" so of course what he runs at combine matter and is very important. Hockensons times matter because he is trying to go as a TE in first round.

BOTH THESE PLAYER'S HAVE GAME TAPE SO I DON'T KNOW WHAT THE HELL YOUR SAYING!

I AM SO TIRED OF TOOLS AND MENTAL MIDGETS GETTING IN MY WAY.!

Last edited:

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
Pretty good stuff on Campbell. Most of this I had already evaluated but really shows he is more developed then many think. Definitely more then a Gadget player like some of the idiots around here seem to think all he is.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

OP
OP
G

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That whole video is Waldman talking about how Campbell is a project with good tools, which is pretty much exactly what I've been saying...

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
That whole video is Waldman talking about how Campbell is a project with good tools, which is pretty much exactly what I've been saying...

You have actually been calling him a "gadget player". He has no.1 receiver potential which I've been saying the whole time. Year 1 gadget guy. Year 2-3 the sky is the limit.

We can go back and read exactly what you said.

It doesn't matter. Your the type of guy after the combine that will be saying "I always liked Parris Campbell".

I know exactly what train you and Dante are on.

OP
OP
G

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't believe I ever said I didn't like him. I'm not as high on him as you. You've been wanting him in the first round, and I was never on that train. Of course, you seem to think me disagreeing with you on anything means I'm a hater and trashing a player, but that's because you lack logic and reasoning skills.

And yes, I think the most likely course of Campbell's career is as a gadget player, which is still valuable! He could do better, he could do worse, but I guarantee he won't be a #1 WR. Me thinking he won't be a #1 WR doesn't mean I think he's bad. You understand that, don't you?

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
I don't believe I ever said I didn't like him. I'm not as high on him as you. You've been wanting him in the first round, and I was never on that train. Of course, you seem to think me disagreeing with you on anything means I'm a hater and trashing a player, but that's because you lack logic and reasoning skills.

And yes, I think the most likely course of Campbell's career is as a gadget player, which is still valuable! He could do better, he could do worse, but I guarantee he won't be a #1 WR. Me thinking he won't be a #1 WR doesn't mean I think he's bad. You understand that, don't you?

I disagree and thats fine. I would have no problem with the Packers taking him at 30 as does Charlie Campbell. After the combine I expect him to be on many more mocks in 1st round. People will fall in love wirh his speed/body as a "projection" in the NFL.

You watch Campbell and he just has natural body flow and movements within his craft on the field as a football player. He is more then a speed player and coming out of college I belive he has a higher ceiling then Devante Adams and I was very very very high on Adams coming out.

Samuel isnt as natural a player or have the fundamentals Campbell has. Campbell is just a smarter football player.

Last edited:

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
The other thing I like about Campbell as a "projection" is he is a very hard worker from what i gather. He improved and got better every season and even became a team captain.

In the NFL where the talent is obvioulsy more even across the board the guys that are willing to work hard are the ones that usually excel. I believe Campbell to have that intangible.

OP
OP
G

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I disagree and thats fine. I would have no problem with the Packers taking him at 30 as does Charlie Campbell. After the combine I expect him to be on many more mocks in 1st round. People will fall in love wirh his speed/body as a "projection" in the NFL.

You watch Campbell and he just has natural body flow and movements within his craft on the field as a football player. He is more then a speed player and coming out of college I belive he has a higher ceiling then Devante Adams and I was very very very high on Adams coming out.

Samuel isnt as natural a player or have the fundamentals Campbell has. Campbell is just a smarter football player.

1) The combine shouldn't change anything for Campbell. Everybody already knows he's incredibly fast. That's not a question mark with his game.

2) So Samuels isn't as natural a player, doesn't have the fundamentals and *let me check my notes here* Campbell couldn't get playing time until Samuels (same recruiting class) left OSU?

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You have actually been calling him a "gadget player". He has no.1 receiver potential which I've been saying the whole time. Year 1 gadget guy. Year 2-3 the sky is the limit.

We can go back and read exactly what you said.

It doesn't matter. Your the type of guy after the combine that will be saying "I always liked Parris Campbell".

I know exactly what train you and Dante are on.

I mean I guess but I'd say far more likely he's what you said he was a super ty Montgomery/Randall Cobb. I think he could develop into one of the best slot wr In the NFL and be absolutely electric on jet sweeps and catching balls out of the backfield. He's definitely explosive so if the packers drafted him and he put in the work I think he'd be a huge weapon right away and he'd make people forget Cobb pretty quickly. Does he return kicks?

Members online

Latest posts