Packers won't tender Lattimore

Ace

Cheesehead
Reaction score
First of all we would have to find a replacement for him. While he hasn´t been great by any means, right now there is no better option at ILB on the roster.

Just throwing this out there but what about Jon Beason? I'm fully fully aware that this is more then likely not going to happen but would he be a viable option?

D

Deleted member 6794

Just throwing this out there but what about Jon Beason? I'm fully fully aware that this is more then likely not going to happen but would he be a viable option?

Beason had a really bad season for the Giants and has had a lot of injuries during his career. No, thanks.

I would like to get either Akeem Jordan, Arthur Moats or Vincent Rey (he got tendered by the Bengals as a RFA and they would have the right to match any offer though).

Ace

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Beason had a really bad season for the Giants and has had a lot of injuries during his career. No, thanks.

I would like to get either Akeem Jordan, Arthur Moats or Vincent Rey (he got tendered by the Bengals as a RFA and they would have the right to match any offer though).

Fair enough. Thanks!

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score

Sorry man..... i wont mark an X for disagree on ya, but the giants defense actually improved after beason got there. He has leadership and instincts and skills. He has not been riddled with injury his entire career. I watched him play in person down here in NC, the guy has a motor from hell and is a beast. Granted he is getting up there in football age.

D

Deleted member 6794

Sorry man..... i wont mark an X for disagree on ya, but the giants defense actually improved after beason got there. He has leadership and instincts and skills. He has not been riddled with injury his entire career. I watched him play in person down here in NC, the guy has a motor from hell and is a beast. Granted he is getting up there in football age.

You know, the thing is I don´t have the time to break down film of every team in the league and mostly have to go with PFF´s ratings to judge a player. Beason graded out 47th out of 55 ILB last season with a -13.4 grade (slightly ahead of A.J. Hawk). In addition he only played in 5 games combined in 2011 and 2012, so I think it´s fair that he had his share of injuries as well.

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
that was his only 2 seasons out of 8. prior to that he played 4 straight years of starting all 16 games. And in 2013 he played 3 games for carolina and 10 for the giants. Not sure if he missed due to injury of if it was a transitional missing of games.

Members online

Latest posts