• Bears OC Adam Gase agrees to coach the Miami Dolphins;
  • Lions WR Calvin Johnson is mulling retirement

Patriotplayer90

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's only January, but the Packers are having a great offseason:
  • Bears OC Adam Gase agrees to coach the Miami Dolphins;
  • Lions WR Calvin Johnson is mulling retirement
Gase being gone is not a bad thing. Neither is Johnson, but being one of the most dominant receivers in history and a class act, I'd hate to see him go.

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
According to rotoworld, Johnson is signed through 2019, if he doesn't retire he'll be playing for the Lions.

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
According to rotoworld, Johnson is signed through 2019, if he doesn't retire he'll be playing for the Lions.

Johnson has a massive $24M cap hit next season. Just speculation, but it's pretty widely speculated that they'll cut him if he refuses to restructure.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Lions would have to release Johnson for him to be able to play elsewhere.
Not sure if it's still in effect, but should Johnson file his retirement papers, he couldn't return to the NFL for one full year from that date, and the Lions would still hold his rights.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If he goes to New England with Gronk?? Brady will win at least one more SB I'm sure.
Or he just doesn't show up for camp, keeps his signing bonus and screw up the salary cap.

He's not that kinda guy tho...he's really one of the guys who doesn't have a me first attitude ...and he's a classy guy.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We've only won the off-season until Day 1 of free agency when all of the Negative Nancys will be jumping up and down at their keyboards, talking about how the Bears, Lions, and Vikings all got better while we got worse.

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
talking about how the Bears, Lions, and Vikings all got better while we got worse
Well, The Bears and Vikings did get better this season while we went backwards. This off season is a big one for both coaches and players if we are to return to the top of the division.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We've only won the off-season until Day 1 of free agency when all of the Negative Nancys will be jumping up and down at their keyboards, talking about how the Bears, Lions, and Vikings all got better while we got worse.

They are all getting better.

jrock645

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They are all getting better.
Very true. I'm not saying drastic measures are needed, but if TT doesn't do a little more than overpay for his own guys, like he has done, the Pack will continue to be overtaken in the division.

D

Deleted member 6794

Very true. I'm not saying drastic measures are needed, but if TT doesn't do a little more than overpay for his own guys, like he has done, the Pack will continue to be overtaken in the division.

The Packers, when performong up to their talent level, are still the best team in the division. They have to make up ground this offseason to the top teams in the NFC though.

CashInFist

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Packers, when performong up to their talent level, are still the best team in the division. They have to make up ground this offseason to the top teams in the NFC though.
Before the playoffs started, I made a bet with my son that the Packers would win it all this year with the best QB in the world and the worst playoff team, to prove a point. We need some talent. Just sayin'. Aaron Rodgers almost did it. I believe he would have found a way to beat Carolina also. But, the coin didn't flip and our Head Coach should have gone for 2. That's what happened.

Members online