Packers vs Vikings 2022 Opener Game Thread

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
and yet I think most of the mistakes were by the guys that played the most in the preseason.
They all didnt play as a team.

You need Rodgers to throw live action to the wr.

This is where someone quotes me and says rodgers threw perfect.

My point is the team needs some sort of chemistry in a game situation. We hear all the time how ol gets used to each other..

Same as Rodgers and all other 10 people. I dont care if its 3 quarters over 4 preseason games..at least its live action.

They need some preseason as an entire unit

Jayzee1981

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That Watson drop that prolly woulda been TD, we all lost our ****. Kid is a rookie. It’s Davante rookie year again. Yay! Defense. Cmon now. Showed flashes of a very well built defense. Not there yet. Very close though.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They all didnt play as a team.

You need Rodgers to throw live action to the wr.

This is where someone quotes me and says rodgers threw perfect.

My point is the team needs some sort of chemistry in a game situation. We hear all the time how ol gets used to each other..

Same as Rodgers and all other 10 people. I dont care if its 3 quarters over 4 preseason games..at least its live action.

They need some preseason as an entire unit
I agree with your general premise, it today there were a couple guys on that line that just can’t pass block. It didn’t seem to be breakdowns in protection calls as much as it seemed they just got their butts handed to them

They don’t need more time next to someone, they need to be replaced with play like that

Reaction score
It ain’t the Saints last year: it’s worse. It’s a divisional game. Remember that folks.
Its never good to Lose a Divisional.

That said, I knew this was one of our 3 toughest Road games this season. That’s why I said if we Win by 1 point I’ll be elated. When we lost Lazard we became 1.5 point underdogs imo.

Don’t expect the same game Week 17 for the Division title @Lambeau. No way does Rodgers turn the ball over 3 times, INT, Fumble, Downs at the 1 yard line. He had a poor game, but he also had a young crew and light at Receiver and OL.

Jayzee1981

Cheesehead
Reaction score

That said, I knew this was one of our 3 toughest Road games this season. That’s why I said if we Win by 1 point I’ll be elated. When we lost Lazard we became 1.5 point underdogs imo.

Don’t expect the same game Week 17 for the Division title @Lambeau. No way does Rodgers turn the ball over 3 times, INT, Fumble, Downs at the 1 yard line. He had a poor game, but he also had a young crew and light at Receiver and OL.
Oh I get it. Just stings we got the Bears winning and we lost, to a divisional foe mind you, and the Lions ain’t scrubs either.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score

How soon b4 you are told Rodgers played good

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I agree with your general premise, it today there were a couple guys on that line that just can’t pass block. It didn’t seem to be breakdowns in protection calls as much as it seemed they just got their butts handed to them

They don’t need more time next to someone, they need to be replaced with play like that

Odd

“Look, we’ve got to have patience with those guys. They’re young. They haven’t been in the fire,

Almost what I was getting at..wonder why he said what I said.

Hmmmm

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
Odd

“Look, we’ve got to have patience with those guys. They’re young. They haven’t been in the fire,

Hmmmm
So you take Rodgers at his word ONLY when it's convenient for the point you're making? :p ;)

McKnowledge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Defense should be playing man.

Safeties in Cover 2.

Bracket Jefferson.

Let the D backfield dictate and help the pass rush.

GB kept the wrong Smith.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Odd

Hmmmm
Of course the young WR's have a long ways to go. Never implied otherwise. Now the real question, did Watson drop that absolutely perfect TD pass because of a missed OTA? and do the WR's pass block on the right side of the Oline? I don't think our Oline had troubles because they couldn't properly communicate protection calls. I think they had troubles because some of those guys just weren't up to the task at all physically.
\
Doubs zigging and Rodgers zagging is an example of needing work together. it's the only one I can think of in the game that I saw and that wasn't the difference int he outcome.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Of course the young WR's have a long ways to go. Never implied otherwise. Now the real question, did Watson drop that absolutely perfect TD pass because of a missed OTA? and do the WR's pass block on the right side of the Oline? I don't think our Oline had troubles because they couldn't properly communicate protection calls. I think they had troubles because some of those guys just weren't up to the task at all physically.
\
Doubs zigging and Rodgers zagging is an example of needing work together. it's the only one I can think of in the game that I saw and that wasn't the difference int he outcome.
Im not singling out any particular play. Its more a general statement

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think the lack of work together in the defensive secondary was pretty evident. I think the 2 biggest issues were offensive effort in general in the first half, particularly on the offensive line and defensive secondary breakdowns in communication were what doomed the team.

Packerbacker1996

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They played believing they are the Packers so they deserve to win 13 games and minessota will just lie down and let the them roll over them.

Good getting your *** kicked builds character.

Now pretty boy needs to get agressive and get this team focused. Maybe hire better strength and conditioning stuff because both our 0-line and D-line played weak.

McKnowledge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
\
Typically and historically the Packers are usually able to course correct.

I have no doubt they will against Chicago.

The season is a long grind.

However, if they fall to Chicago in week 2 then I will grow concerned.

2 divisional losses early in the season is no bueno.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have zero qualms saying this team is much better than the one we saw yesterday. that said, they have work to do. I'm not sure how much improvement we'll get from our Oline until Jenkins is back and hopefully bahkT at some point but i'm sure with some WR growth and reps the offense will function well enough. All last year our DB's were all over WR's. If they caught it, they didn't have wide open spaces to run thru. I'm pretty confident they'll get that buttoned up in the near future and that won't be an issue all year with the guys we have.

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
After Jefferson's 3rd reception the D sche should've been changed. Barry & Gray have too much experience to NOT realize that ship was sinking and to stay with "the plan" was inexcusable.

Not sure why the coaches like Hanson, Rhyan should've been given the start. Hopefully film will show that mistake & it gets corrected for da Bears.

Members online

Latest posts