Packers vs Vikings 2022 Opener Game Thread

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The way I look at it is it's the usual week one in the NFL. Upsets, surprises and games that were supposed to be blowouts but ended up to the last second. We'll see these guys again in 16 weeks, will likely both be very different teams by then.

Tarzan2490

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Last year got embarrassed at NO

I agree completely, I just fell like if this team today shows up against Tampa, Buffalo, Dallas, Eagles, Rams, Dolphins (Maybe), 49ers and the rest of the division games, we're in for a long season. I know its one game, I just think it will be harder to repeat.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Na the sky isn't falling. Every team will have one or two games a season where you scratch your head and go what the hell was that? But this team has a lot of work to do.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
Today, they stink on a field that they've never been real impressive on. George Strait Stadium has it's way with the Packers. So...record over this game and get on to the next pre-season game. The Vikies just won their Super Bowl.

melvin dangerr

In it to Win it All
Reaction score
i understand its just the first game, but two years in a row with 10 total points! So just throw the first game away every year because you are not prepared,
Well I don’t think they threw it away, but I do agree they seemed unprepared for the Vikings being so aggressive on offense and defense

Reaction score
Allen Lazard missing hurt us some. Not sure that was enough, but it would’ve likely sustained another drive or 2. We were playing weak at WR and it’s obvious they were kinda limited capacity.

The GBP Defense was a bit sluggish to start and against an easy top 10 Offense there @MN. I just think these guys are playing disjointed. But considering we gave them the ball and extra two drives? (not counting on downs at 1). The D was lucky to get out with 23 points.

Really should’ve been 14-23 imo. Not the end of the world.

ctfxcwatcher

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My memory is blanking because it's been a very long time that I can remember this team getting punched in the mouth and then actually rallying back to take the win.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
i understand its just the first game, but two years in a row with 10 total points! So just throw the first game away every year because you are not prepared,
But...but...but.....aaron doesnt need any extra work with new guys..

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
But...but...but.....aaron doesnt need any extra work with new guys..
do you think that was the issue today? Maybe on 1 play, Doubs zigged, Aaron threw a Zag. Watson needs more practice catching perfectly thrown balls? Beyond that, it was again the Oline and defensive breakdowns. Defense actually played well 90% of the game and 1 guy on 10% of those plays was blowing goats or something.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
do you think that was the issue today? Maybe on 1 play, Doubs zigged, Aaron threw a Zag. Watson needs more practice catching perfectly thrown balls? Beyond that, it was again the Oline and defensive breakdowns. Defense actually played well 90% of the game and 1 guy on 10% of those plays was blowing goats or something.
The entire team needs preseason.. Enough of leaving starters out

Jayzee1981

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It ain’t the Saints last year: it’s worse. It’s a divisional game. Remember that folks.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts