Packers vs Saints Preseason Game 2: Game Thread

Reaction score
I know he got caught with a horse collar, but Enagbare is one of my top 5 best players so far in Preseason. Isaiah McDuffie is another riser.

That CB Thomas has good fundamentals.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jordan tends to throw the ball high at times. I think it's his release and maybe adrenaline. Would like to see that cleaned up. I love that he can roll left and throw the ball with accuracy. He zips those 15 yarders in the middle real well. He looked good tonight. Did not see the Wisconsin w/o. Would like to see him in there. Winfree looked good. That field goal kicker put every one down the middle. Gonna be a fun season if the O line holds up. Terrific play when the DB came in and tackled the screen for a loss. Was that Ento? I just read it was Abernathy. the Saint's announcer said it was Caleb Jones but I thought it was the DB. Jones made it possible though. Williams had a couple of good runs but I'm still thinking it's Goodson and Hill for 3rd and 4th. Toure looked pretty iffy tonight.

Last edited:

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Did not see the Wisconsin w/o. Would like to see him in there.
Danny Davis suffered an ankle injury in practice this week. No word on how severe it is, but I don't think he suited up tonight. He's 1 of about 4 guys who could end up on the PS.

Spanky

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If anyone *****es at all about love this week they are a full hater

Seriously? 12-24, 4.7 YPA and 77.3 passer rating cannot be questioned?

Put down the kool-aid.

I will give Love credit that he didn't full on crap his pants.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score

Put down the kool-aid.

as some one told me this week, eye test shows more...

stats don't show all. There were throws that were placed perfectly, but those were dropped .

So with that said. Safe to say he would be been 16/24 and say 150 yards for about a 100 Rating

If you and others can't see the vast improvement shown since last year , then you are must really hate him

How I got to 100 rating

In all, the Packers had four drops by first- or second-year receivers (the two by Doubs, one by Samori Toure on a well-placed deep ball and one by Amari Rodgers down the seam). Several drops would have been explosive plays, hurting Jordan Love's numbers (12-of-24 for 113 yards and one touchdown), but at least they didn't turn into interceptions like they did last week.
Love looked crisp in the first half, completing 9-16 passes for 93 yards and a touchdown. Doubs was on the receiving end of the TD pass and also made a nice play on a comeback route in double-coverage for a grab.
That 9 of 16, should been 11 I think

Last edited:

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think Love started very strong and finished a little more average. He was quicker, decisive and accurate early.

Like someone said earlier he tends to throw higher sometimes and I noticed that more as the game went on.

There were some drops, I remember Doubs with an easy one and a beautiful pass right on the money deep down the field and Toure missed it.

I don’t remember the one to Amari down the seam. I remember an out route to Amari where I though the ball was late and he had to slow up and the defensive was able to recover and knock it away. Kuhn seemed to allude it could have been Amari running a lazy route or too late with the ball, but I think he was covering for Love who overall was having a pretty decent night.

He might not be there yet but he’s looking more like he could be an actual NFL QB. Much improved from a year ago. And when our offense is working, good balance of run pass and everyone is executing he looks really good.

I know that’s the easiest time to play QB but he is running it well and should be recognized. Still needs to work on those times when things go wrong, but he’s young yet and that’s pretty normal.

Reaction score

Put down the kool-aid.

Oh you definitely question the numbers imo, numbers tell a significant part of the story. Numbers don't tell each variable and who is responsible for a drop or a catch for that matter. Even the TD pass was not perfect, I have that 55% on Doubs being aware and athletic. One play was the one that basically could've hit romeo in the head on that long, sideline, I have that as 60% Romeos fault for not catching it, its a tough one, but this league demands a 55% catch ratio on tough passes. I'm being critical as these are very young guys

As one example, do you know what I thought was the best play of the night? Besides Rodgers talking about Etling and his athleticism as he scored, which was a highlight reel type interview. lol I thought the scramble play where Jordan put that ball outside the endzone but still within 6" of catchable. I was 75% sure he was going to force an INT! That throw was incredible while on the run. The only person that has a chance at that ball was his person. That reminded me of a young Ben Rothlesburger, there are about 10 QB, or so, who can make that throw in the NFL.
3-4 QB of those 10 would've been 3-6" better (Aaron and Mahommes are 2 of 4) 3-4 QB more are high performing starting QB's and the remaining 2-3 are the best backup-QB in the league. That kid as one hell of an arm, maybe not Brett Favre 84 yard combine stuff. Jordan can throw it MArino 72 yards though.
Jordan has some minor accuracy issues on fade checkdowns and such, but very fixable type stuff with more playing time

Last edited:
Reaction score
Jordan feet are much improved. Jordan has a starting caliber command of running plays, getting in and out of the huddle, performing fakes, scrambling while taking care of the ball, running a 2 min and going through progressions and such.

If I were hazarding a guess. Last year 2021 (Redshirted 2020) Jordan would've went 4-13 area as a starting QB in our division. After watching him over the last several preseason stuff, I have him as 6.5 Wins QB in regular season. His next plateau (goal by his 4th year Junior) should be in that .500+ QB where you see him winning the close ones instead of losing the close ones. I need to see him win a couple close ones first

Last edited:
Reaction score
This link has vid of most of his plays of note from last night

You must be logged in to see this image or video!
thanks for the post.

It reminded me that Goodson is a reliable #3-4 RB and Dexter probably belongs on our PS as a failsafe.

Winfree is a solid #5-6 type right now. He reminds me of that Geronimo, can come fill-in admirably area.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Goodson improved from last week, not that he had a bad week by any means last week, he stood out to me then too. But he seemed to get more after contact this week. Still decisive with cuts and shows good burst. I think he makes this roster easily. I think Slayton on the DL is going to make this team too based on the first 2 weeks here.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
This year he is leaps and bounds better. And this is only his 2nd preseason. He has only 130 or so pass attempts in pre and regular season

Everyone I'm ran across that wants to trade or says he is a bust or what ever says same thing. A waste of a pick

they knew he was a project, knew they had at least 3 years until he would be ready

He wasn't picked to start day one

With all that said , he is only on year 2 of true game type situations ..

That's why I don't understand why fans are so quick to slam him .
I think Love started very strong and finished a little more average. He was quicker, decisive and accurate early.

Like someone said earlier he tends to throw higher sometimes and I noticed that more as the game went on.

There were some drops, I remember Doubs with an easy one and a beautiful pass right on the money deep down the field and Toure missed it.

I don’t remember the one to Amari down the seam. I remember an out route to Amari where I though the ball was late and he had to slow up and the defensive was able to recover and knock it away. Kuhn seemed to allude it could have been Amari running a lazy route or too late with the ball, but I think he was covering for Love who overall was having a pretty decent night.

He might not be there yet but he’s looking more like he could be an actual NFL QB. Much improved from a year ago. And when our offense is working, good balance of run pass and everyone is executing he looks really good.

I know that’s the easiest time to play QB but he is running it well and should be recognized. Still needs to work on those times when things go wrong, but he’s young yet and that’s pretty normal.
this is a good assessment ty

Staff online

Members online