Packers vs Giants

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Eli Manning vs ?
For now it's Tolzien but as we saw, that can change.
There will be a collective sigh of relief heard in all of Packers Nation if we still have the same QB when the 2nd quarter starts.
Flynn gets a Packers looksie on Mon.
Whatever they do, they better have a plan for the back up to the back up to the back up QB.

Will Packers this time find a way to win against the Giants?
I'm not so sure.
Feeling like an old tire. Deflated.
And there are those who said they have an easy schedule. SMH

Chicocheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well here a few positive notes to keep us inspired and hopefull:

1) McCarthy said that Rodgers looks to be "a couple weeks away." That could either literally mean 2 weeks OR another 4 weeks. However, knowing Rodgers and his determination and desire to WIN I think he will be back AFTER the Vikings game (week 13 I mean.) I just have that gut feeling.

2) Tolzien showed some promise. I think he can do well enough to keep us in the game vs. the Giants and IF he is still the guy come week 12 vs. the Vikings I believe he can do enough to allow us to win that game. Which leads me to point #3...

3) We have Matt Flynn and John Skelton working out for us this week. I am not crazy about Skelton but I do feel like he would be a step up from Wallace. I would feel most comfortable with Flynn as #2 though. He knows our system and has performed well for us when we needed him to. Maybe he ego is bruised from losing starting jobs at Seattle and Oakland and this job with us (again) will be exactly what he needs.

4) Irregardless of WHO is under center until "The Return", we need to make sure we have someone that the defense respects. Someone that will make us a threat at throwing the ball. Lacy is GREAT and a bull dozer but if the opposing D can sit run and not have to really worry about the pass we are done for.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packers HAVE SIGNED Matt Flynn.

6 weeks later than Packer fans said to do so......

Giants beat us when we have Rodgers.
I don't like our chances at all this week.

maxlives

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not to be a joy kill but the most serious problem right now is not the offense, this defense seems to have regressed. If the defense had stepped up just a little yesterday I think we are having a completely different discussion.

Hjalmar Davidson

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well of course our troubles are over now because Flynn is back. Lets try to play 4 quarters and see what that does. Must-win game right here.

DevilDon

Inclement Weather Fan
Reaction score
I don't come here often because I got tired of the negativity. But people have to be a bit inspired by Tolzien's performance don't they?
He didn't look like the boy from Wisconsin this last game. He's got zip, he's got presence and he's got the ball.
At this point I have mucho confidence in him as a backup. If Scott can't get it done I don't think Flynn could either. He'll be a different QB after this week with the 1's.
I don't know if it's just me or if everyone else saw it - he was poised in the game but definitely jittery in the news conference post game. This is a guy who has just realized his dream but he didn't think about it on the field.
Sharp as a razor blade that guy!

OP
OP
Forget Favre

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't come here often because I got tired of the negativity. But people have to be a bit inspired by Tolzien's performance don't they?
Yeah. He looked good. I'll admit that. And so did Wallace.
Either one can get it done if the defense does better.
I'll feel better when the Packers win their next game no matter who is playing QB.
Just sucks seeing their game plans getting shot to hell barely in the 1st quarter and then putting a new guy out there who is *ahem* green and doing just ok but not good enough to win.

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
Was so looking forward to beating the Giants down. Now it look like the musical chairs game at QB will be to Mr. Practice squad Tolzein. He will stink it up against the NYG. Eli and company have a 3 game streak going for them and are looking much improved over their extra ugly start.
Our secondary has a hard time shutting down Cruz and Nicks, the NYG run game will be slowed to almost nothing, but that wont matter much. Eli has a big day (350+ passing and 3 TDs)

NYG - 30

Packers - 13

Jimbo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Flying to NYC from London for my first ever Packers game, what a nightmare situation we're in though! would loved to have seen Rodgers leading us but hey ho, this is the situation we're in so lets get behind the team, support them and believe!

packerfan4ever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i think we win with Tolzine! because he lost center lost barclay and still did rather well.Our d-line on the other hand is a concern Tramon Bennet those guys are just bad maybe M.M gave them what for. Think we win by a squeak.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hope that we win this game but I don't think that we will. These are teams going in opposite directions. The Giants are improving and the Packers regressing. I think that Tolzien will be better, and assuming no more injuries on the O-line, I expect those guys to block better for Lacy and Starks. The real light at the tunnel is hope. Hope that the ever-changing NFL deals us the blackjack hand while the Giants get a 2-3.

Defensively, this is the time for captains and veterans to step up. Jordy has been doing it on offense all season. Hawk has been special, but he along with Tramon and Raji need to elevate their games to special levels, both to inspire teammates and to make the plays that need to be made in order to win the game.

Einstein McFly

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If we can keep a QB in long enough to run the game plan that we practiced all week and we have some offensive lineman who have practiced enough in their current spots to run the offense then I think we'll be fine. On defense, we're facing the worst oline in the league, so it's time for them to show the hell up. We could either roll this game with tons of sacks and pressure or if we give Manning a half second too long we could easily give up a ton of points. If CM3 can't get it done with one hand then they need to sit him until he can be effective.

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
If we can keep a QB in long enough to run the game plan that we practiced all week and we have some offensive lineman who have practiced enough in their current spots to run the offense then I think we'll be fine. On defense, we're facing the worst oline in the league, so it's time for them to show the hell up. We could either roll this game with tons of sacks and pressure or if we give Manning a half second too long we could easily give up a ton of points. If CM3 can't get it done with one hand then they need to sit him until he can be effective.

Miami, steelers, ravens, Jets, Raiders, SeaCawks, Patriots, Chiefs, Panthers, Bengals, Cardinals, cowboys : All have worse O-lines than the NYG. Eli is more of a middle of the pack guy when it comes to getting sacked this season.
Our pass rush comes and goes in spurts, some games it shows up, most it does not. So..... is it time for it to show up or will it be in hibernation? Let's hope it wakes the hell up and wants a snack.

OP
OP
Forget Favre

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Was so looking forward to beating the Giants down. Now it look like the musical chairs game at QB will be to Mr. Practice squad Tolzein. He will stink it up against the NYG. Eli and company have a 3 game streak going for them and are looking much improved over their extra ugly start.
Our secondary has a hard time shutting down Cruz and Nicks, the NYG run game will be slowed to almost nothing, but that wont matter much. Eli has a big day (350+ passing and 3 TDs)

NYG - 30

Packers - 13
I dunno if it's going to be like that but at this point I'm thinking the only way we will win is if the Giants somehow play worse against a really bad D and a *ahem* green QB with just one losing NFL game under his belt.
If the Giants have their mojo back when we don't, goodnight and game over.
If the Giants still suck, which I won't count on, then maybe, just maybe we have a chance.

Before the Eagles game I was hoping and thinking that somehow the Pack would get it together and win.
I won't make that blind naive mistake again.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score

NYG - 30

Packers - 13
I think that score is pretty accurate, but I can see the Giants pushing 40 if the one-armed Matthews doesn't magically shed that big ball.
Even before, our DBs made Hakeem Nicks look great. Now we make Riley Cooper look like a Pro Bowler.
Victor Cruz will go off too.

The only chance we have to contain them and possibly win, is due to me now having and starting Eli & Nicks this week in my fantasy FB. Eli might get hurt early. I'm trying to voodoo Cruz too, and am going after Stafford. We and the Bears are down to backup QBs... let's even things out in Detroit.

Hjalmar Davidson

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have a bad feeling about this one. I keep seeing their recievers beating us deep. If Shields is covering Cruz, that means Williams has Nicks. Yikes! After the last couple games that doesnt feel right.
If our defense can come up with a couple turnovers, or special teams can score, we should win this game. But, Ely seems to usually play well against us.
Our O-line is a big ?, so will Lacy even be a factor ? I hope I'm wrong but I see us losing a close game, someting like 21-17.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
34-13 Giants. The o-line will get handled and Eli will look like Peyton against the lack of a pass rush. 5-5 is on the Horizon bretehren...hopefully we don't have any other significant injuries. I said it before and i'll say it again..winning the division will be the only way in by the time Rodgers comes back.. The end.

VolvoD

Cheesehead
Reaction score
praying for a win...that's all i got.

as far as im concerned the giants are the new bitter enemy of the packers. we cannot beat them enough.

OP
OP
Forget Favre

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Giants on a hot streak getting their mojo back returning to the Giants we loathe.
Away. (When or why the F aren't they coming to Lambe... Oh wait. We suck right now and lost the last two there. Nevermind.)
Our defense. What defense?
Rodgers watches.
A first time QB who lost being sent out there again.
We lose.
I have a bad feeling that NY is going to freakin dominate all over our butts. A blowout from them.
44-10
We will be lucky, very lucky, and nothing but lucky if we win.
Won't be based on skill, but just luck and miracles alone.