Packers vs Broncos Game Thread: Mile High Rumble Edition

Magooch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I really don’t know if Love simply does not see defenders whatsoever or if he wildly overestimates his ability to make those throws and I’m not sure which is worse.

Big L

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So we need 10-15 yards for a 50/50 FG try. Instead we try throwing 35 yards?

We barely throw deep all game and the 1 play you need 15 yards tops FOR THE WIN! you air it out for low probability?
On a 3rd down yet?
Agree 100%

Reaction score
I don’t like the play calling.
We had 1 try for 10 yards minimum for the Win or 1 extra try for 20 yards for the win.

Instead we take our 10 yard try and throw it 35+ in a very low probability try? Someone needs to explain that to me, that doesn’t equate at all unless someone is WIDE OPEN

This is not grade school level ball here.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
Amazing. This year is almost identical to last year's frustration at this time of the year. Almost to the day. No offensive continuity and defense that struggles against the run. The coaches need to get there collective heads out of their wrecktum quickly.

Big L

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Here is my honest opinion up to this point. I don’t think they have anything more than a mediocre coaching staff as a whole. And concerning some, I am holding back. I really question whether JL will be anything more then a just a guy NFL QB. He has athletic ability, but I question his field awareness, down field accuracy, and he sure balloons the ball out there far to often for my liking.

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Love's intermediate and deep ball accuracy is so bad. I mean you can give him time and whatever, but he's probably not your guy.

DarkHelmet

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That was simply another poor decision and poor throw from Love, of which he has a bountiful supply. I think Toure was interfered with -- and it might have been called without the interception. The defender was holding Toure's arms down just as the throw was about to arrive. But the ball should never have been thrown there. If that was a called play it was a braindead one.

I'm firmly is the 'worse is better' camp. We need a new GM, a new head coach, a new D coach, a new quarterback and a vastly better roster to be competitive. The sooner the Packers clean house the better. I don't want them to eek out 8 or 9 wins (unlikely anyway) and save MLF's job. Or Gute's job.

GreenNGold_81

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Two weeks to prepare.... for that? I don't get a sense that this team is serious about winning. Which is fine I guess (I expected we would be 500 and this would be a figuring out if Love is the guy season) but then be sellers at the deadline. Jones, Preston, Campbell, should be shipped out, IMO.

Firethorn1001

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Two weeks to prepare.... for that? I don't get a sense that this team is serious about winning.

They are hiding behind the 'we are young' tag at this point. There is some validity to that, but at some point that is an excuse. The coaches are just making bad calls, unable to get out of bad defensive calls and otherwise just doing a lot of head scratching stuff. What stood out to me is a few weeks ago MLF commented that he had to use the bye to look for other teams plays to steal. *nervous laugh* followed. That seems like someone that is in over their head and doesn't know what to do.

They are probably a 4-5 win team at this point. It's the NFL, there is a lot of mediocrity so, the Packers will stumble into 2-3 wins.

This season I've always been of the position I want to see what they look like in weeks 13-17. If they look like this in weeks 13-17 then I'm not sure MLF is right for the job.

Last edited:

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don’t like the play calling.
We had 1 try for 10 yards minimum for the Win or 1 extra try for 20 yards for the win.

Instead we take our 10 yard try and throw it 35+ in a very low probability try? Someone needs to explain that to me, that doesn’t equate at all unless someone is WIDE OPEN

This is not grade school level ball here.
You're confusing play-calling with QB decision-making. I highly doubt the play required him to throw downfield into tight coverage.

Team Ronny

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why that stupid jet sweep? It NEVER works for us because the te's and oline suck at blocking on those!

Team Ronny

Cheesehead
Reaction score
J-Lo isn't getting it done. Remember he's a 3rd year QB. He studied under a future HOF QB. He should be better.
Lafleur should be better too. His first half play calling is pathetic! This defense is also pathetic..can't tackle, run defense stinks, and every time they get a lead they give it right back. They were sucking wind in the 1st qtr..what is wrong with their conditioning?

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This team comes out flat every week and is ill prepared. They have now scored 26 points in 6 weeks in the first half!! Poorly coached team just lost to very bad Raiders and Broncos teams. With every passing week, it becomes more clear that MLF, Gutenkunst and Murphy need to be swept out. Love looks like a poor version of Dak Prescott. Can't make the deep throws.

gatorpack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That was simply another poor decision and poor throw from Love, of which he has a bountiful supply. I think Toure was interfered with -- and it might have been called without the interception. The defender was holding Toure's arms down just as the throw was about to arrive. But the ball should never have been thrown there. If that was a called play it was a braindead one.

I'm firmly is the 'worse is better' camp. We need a new GM, a new head coach, a new D coach, a new quarterback and a vastly better roster to be competitive. The sooner the Packers clean house the better. I don't want them to eek out 8 or 9 wins (unlikely anyway) and save MLF's job. Or Gute's job.
Packers don't fire anyone until 5yrs to late so at least Berries is due

Reaction score
Come back here in 5-6 years and just maybe all of the above will change

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm watching the eagles versus dolphins right now. It's enjoyable to watch professional football.