Packers vs 49ers MNF 10/15

easyk83

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We must have one of the worst Safety duos in the league. I just don't understand why we didn't sign one of the cheap and good free agents. What about Josh Jones? He must be really bad when he can't get past Brice.

Jones is an in the box safety, kind of a throwback SS. You can use him but you need a fast ranging free safety who can play center field for us like a Nick Collins... or a Damarious Randall.

easyk83

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I take that back. AR wills another win!

He did but this run pass balance is one of the dumbest self defeating tendencies that I've seen from an NFL offense. Aaron may have taken over the game late but it shouldnt and would bot have come to that if we would have gotten more touches to Jones and Williams.

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The heck with all the critism. That game was what professional sports entertainment is supposed to be: Come from behind, game saving interception, last second winning field goal by a kicker who had the worst performance ever the prior week, and best of all... a great big fat “W” for “my” team. Rather have that than some 80 to 7 Alabama game, or a lopsided 48 - 3 stomping of a team with a third rate backup qb. Great viewing, and I’ll sleep good for two weeks.

Hey, it's all personal and relative, but when your team CAN'T stomp a team with all the deficiencies that were documented elsewhere in the forum, my enthusiasm for what follows isn't any higher than it was yesterday. I actually enjoy a game where my team jumps out to a big lead and holds it.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
I keep waiting for these guys to put it all together in a game but they just seem to play to the level of there competition one way or another. Maybe that's just the way its gonna be this year. Next two games should tell us a lot. If they continue to put themselves in a hole and playing catch up then the results will continue to be inconsistent in the end.

My hope is this team is relatively young and will get better but I've been holding onto that same hope for years now. At the end of the day there 3-2-1 heading into the bye and still control there destiny.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No kidding. I still think the league needs to find a way to increase each teams roster pool slightly to keep up with the relatively newer era of injury protocols.
i’m not sure that would do anything except further dilute the talent pool... it’s not like the Packers don’t have backup WRs... they just might not be starter caliber yet.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
On the running the ball front, Ty Montgomery should be banned from ever getting another carry. He's done a terrible job of that. Now if they want to use him in the passing game to run routes out of the backfield, I'm ok with that. But no more carries PERIOD.
technically that TD was a rushing TD lol.

Last edited:

Title Town USA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
On the running the ball front, Ty Montgomery should be banned from ever getting another carry. He's done a terrible job of that. Now if they want to use him in the passing game to run routes out of the backfield, I'm ok with that. But no more carries PERIOD.
I cannot understand why they are still giving him carries. Especially when Aaron Jones is sitting on the sidelines, averaging about 7 yards/carry....Aaron Jones is a STUD - get the man the ball!

Caya

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Putrid defense. Wow that was tough to watch

I know that we all want our defense to be dominant, but sometimes you have to look at everything compared to the rest of the league. Our D Is ranked 11th in total yards and would be in the top 10 in points scored against us if we just gave up 18 less points. When you look at where we were over the last few years, I would still say that we are trending in the right direction.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
How about this one... First time an NFL QB has thrown for 400+ yards in consecutive games without an interception. Never been done before.

grampi

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The fact that GB had to come from behind to win this game tells the whole story. As thrilling as it was to watch, the Packers should not have struggled against a mediocre team at best with a back-up QB at the helm. As usual, Rodgers is getting no help from the rest of the team (with the exception of Adams). The defense is a joke, the run game doesn't exist, the offensive line couldn't block a team of cheerleaders, and many times the receivers aren't on the same sheet of music with AR. This team will get destroyed by the Rams and the Pats...they'll be lucky to go 8-8...

grampi

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Also, I'm wondering how much longer AR will be willing to stay with GB. He's got to be getting sick of carrying this entire team on his back. They are holding him back from winning more SBs. AR is so good, if the rest of the team was even mediocre, he would already have more than one SB ring...why he continues to stay is beyond me...he could go to any team, for any amount of $$$$...

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Also, I'm wondering how much longer AR will be willing to stay with GB. He's got to be getting sick of carrying this entire team on his back. They are holding him back from winning more SBs. AR is so good, if the rest of the team was even mediocre, he would already have more than one SB ring...why he continues to stay is beyond me...he could go to any team, for any amount of $$$$...
You do know he just signed a new contract with the packers Right?

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Although Rodgers said it was Monty's run to start the last drive that made him decide to play for the win instead of overtime. I'm not sure if that was his decision to make or not but we can thank Monty for that tough run and getting out of bounds.

The fact that GB had to come from behind to win this game tells the whole story. As thrilling as it was to watch, the Packers should not have struggled against a mediocre team at best with a back-up QB at the helm. As usual, Rodgers is getting no help from the rest of the team (with the exception of Adams). The defense is a joke, the run game doesn't exist, the offensive line couldn't block a team of cheerleaders, and many times the receivers aren't on the same sheet of music with AR. This team will get destroyed by the Rams and the Pats...they'll be lucky to go 8-8...

Very lucky. In fact I would say if they go 8-8 they will have accomplished the impossible.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Gosh- what a great kicker and qb! Shhhh... all you that posted to have them run out of town last week can quietly go back and delete now.
So this is why you delete a goodly portion of your posts? Because you don't want to look bad? You are that insecure that you can't own up to making a bad call so you go and delete the evidence? You are the only person here who does that on a continuing basis. Most other deletes are duplicate posts or wrong threads or "yeah maybe I shouldn't have posted while drunk and I don't want to be kicked out of here" type. You are the first since I became a mod that will post a prediction or other observation that is then proven incorrect a half hour later who will go back and delete the original post.
Reminder, this is the internet. Nothing is truly deleted.

Members online

Latest posts