Packers trade for CB Isaac Yiadom

Reaction score
The only argument for Yiadom is as a special teamer. Jean Charles is a rookie and needs to be given some time.
Yeah. One of his strengths is ball tracking and he has some good fundamental tools in breaking up passes etc.. As a 7th rounder you’d expect either PS or ST rookie season with the Giants. Yet He came out started 10 contests, which is commendable. We can continue to develop him while using him on ST and he’s got an aggressive energy about him that I like. Too early to tell, but we obviously liked him or he wouldn’t make the cut.

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah. One of his strengths is ball tracking and he has some good fundamental tools in breaking up passes etc.. As a 7th rounder you’d expect either PS or ST rookie season with the Giants. Yet He came out started 10 contests, which is commendable. We can continue to develop him while using him on ST and he’s got an aggressive energy about him that I like. Too early to tell, but we obviously liked him or he wouldn’t make the cut.
Yiadom was a 3rd round pick in 2018. He wasn’t even drafted by the Giants.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yiadom made the Packers 53, what does that say about our DB roster? He didn't look any better than Jackson, in fact from what I saw I would have preferred to keep Jackson if I were forced between a choice between the 2.

Krabs

I take offense to that sir.
Reaction score
Yiadom made the Packers 53, what does that say about our DB roster? He didn't look any better than Jackson, in fact from what I saw I would have preferred to keep Jackson if I were forced between a choice between the 2.
I would say that it says the lower part of our CB depth isn't great. In the same respect, Yiadom's value has been on special teams. I don't think Jackson even brought that to the team. He is a BustF. I believe that the Giants are actually going to have to rely on Jackson. While the Packers might have to play Yiadom as some point, it will only be due to injury. The Packers depth at CB is better than the Giants. Truth be told, both are merely journeyman in the NFL and won't make or break either team.

Reaction score
ST
I think for now he’s better at ST (immediate) and has a better chance for growth at CB. Jackson seemed to be on a plateau and a not very quality one at that

I’ll be watching to see if Yiadom gets plenty of ST work. They desperately needed to supply our ST Coordinator with talent help. He seems to be good at tackling guys after they’ve caught the ball. :roflmao:Just guessing here

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
didn't see enough of ST to think one way or the other, but Jackson couldn't make plays being close to the receiver. Yiadom can't make plays 10 yards off the receiver. What's the difference?

Krabs

I take offense to that sir.
Reaction score
didn't see enough of ST to think one way or the other, but Jackson couldn't make plays being close to the receiver. Yiadom can't make plays 10 yards off the receiver. What's the difference?
Honestly, I don't think there is much difference than ST play. The other thing that has been noted is that Yiadom is a better tackler. I'm not sure if it is true, but if either Jackson or Yiadom were on the field we would be in trouble. There's little doubt that they both stink and are not to be trusted as starters.

Members online