Packers trade for CB Isaac Yiadom

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not going to get excited about this, as this speculation article from 6/25/20 spells out...

Looks like a little churning of the bottom of the depth chart, don't think he sticks past game 3 but probably spells the end for Jackson.

Favre>Rodgers259

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Mocked him several times to us years ago in the 5th or 6th. Nice to see Gute finally listen to me.

Curly Calhoun

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Josh Jackson was horrific Saturday night. I thought he might be one of the first five cuts.

OP
OP
PackAttack12

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
It's a Jackson for Yiadom swap.

Count. Me. In.

Way better than cutting him.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

lambeaulambo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If there was ever an indicator that the gm knows what he is doing, this is case in point. The GM of this org is not the problem.

Krabs

I take offense to that sir.
Reaction score
Josh Jackson was horrific Saturday night. I thought he might be one of the first five cuts.
He was on the cut list for sure. Seemed every single completion was to his side of the field. I'm glad they got something for him and a guy with some experience. What a bust Jackson has been.

Krabs

I take offense to that sir.
Reaction score
If there was ever an indicator that the gm knows what he is doing, this is case in point. The GM of this org is not the problem.
I actually didn't think there was a problem. Back to back NFC Championship games don't happen by accident.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Isaac Yankem? Isn't he wrestling as Kane now, or serving as mayor of Knox County, Tennessee?

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Both fan bases right now:

“They were going to cut him regardless so it’s better to get something for him.”

But either guy could still be easily released.

If Yiadom can play well on teams, that could be the difference.

Budman

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Both fan bases right now:

“They were going to cut him regardless so it’s better to get something for him.”

But either guy could still be easily released.

If Yiadom can play well on teams, that could be the difference.

Good point about the ST's. I didn't figure Jackson would hang around this year but you never know. Seems intriguing though that the Giants would trade a 10 game starter for Jackson.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Certainly would be a plus if he can play well on special teams. But it doesn't sound like he would be much good if we had to go to him to play corner. Still, maybe we will pick someone else up and in the meantime look at the guy.

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Good point about the ST's. I didn't figure Jackson would hang around this year but you never know. Seems intriguing though that the Giants would trade a 10 game starter for Jackson.
He was a crappy 10 game starter.

Curly Calhoun

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He was on the cut list for sure. Seemed every single completion was to his side of the field. I'm glad they got something for him and a guy with some experience. What a bust Jackson has been.

I don't know how good this guy they got is, but I've heard he's not bad on special teams. Josh Jackson was a non-contributor on ST, and the Pack need all the help they can get in the department.

Sounds like a win for Green bay, although I would not be surprised is either player does not make the final 53.

D

Deleted member 6794

Wait, the Broncos? Are we sure we didn't trade Rodgers for him?

The Packers acquired Yiadom from the Giants.

According to Pro Football Reference Yiadom allowed a passer rating of 120.1 with the Giants last season.

That's nost likely the reason the were ready to move on from him.

Budman

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Packers acquired Yiadom from the Giants.

According to Pro Football Reference Yiadom allowed a passer rating of 120.1 with the Giants last season.

That's nost likely the reason the were ready to move on from him.

Yikes. Thanks for the info!

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It sounds like each time Yiadom was the starter, the following off-season he was already on the watch list to be cut because his play was that bad. I don't mind the GM's kicking the tires here, but in Yiadom's case he has already failed with two teams. At least Jackson has the chance to go to another team to see if a different situation/scheme/coach can bring out his talent. He also has the possibility of still switching to safety. Yiadom is a penny backup CB at best with maybe a ST contribution as you've all noted above.

Budman

Cheesehead
Reaction score
At least Jackson has the chance to go to another team to see if a different situation/scheme/coach can bring out his talent. He also has the possibility of still switching to safety.

Great points and my thoughts as well. I guess there is nothing much lost with this trade. Maybe, just maybe, the change of scenery does them both good but the odds are long.

Staff online

Members online