Packers trade for CB Isaac Yiadom

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's the shame of pro sports. Unless your name is Eli Manning and your daddy steps in to help, you have zero control about where or whom you go to play for. It could be the 100% wrong fit and you know it, but you have to go play. All players deserve a second chance to figure out if its them or the team.

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Stunned they got anything for Jackson. Good job!

Problem is it doesn't sound like this guy is any better. I mean ... ehh guess the way I figure it is it's not always a bad thing to just let a dead weight loose even if you get nothing for it because you could definitely get something worse in a trade.

Figure if we gotta have any battles for our backup CBs behind Alexander, King, and Stokes, put guys like Ento and SJC there because as much risk as they might come with, they could turn out to be better than we think too.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It sounds like each time Yiadom was the starter, the following off-season he was already on the watch list to be cut because his play was that bad. I don't mind the GM's kicking the tires here, but in Yiadom's case he has already failed with two teams. At least Jackson has the chance to go to another team to see if a different situation/scheme/coach can bring out his talent. He also has the possibility of still switching to safety. Yiadom is a penny backup CB at best with maybe a ST contribution as you've all noted above.
Jackson switching to safety is an interesting idea. He wasn't gonna get that chance in GB. This just seems like two GMs seeing if a change of scenery with one of their under-performing players can help. From a social standpoint, and by that I mean the NYC scene, Jackson has definitely moved up in class.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not my idea about switching to safety. It was discussed in several articles. I don't see why the Packers didn't test him out there. We knew that he was done as CB. See if he's a good safety. If he shined in the pre-season they could have traded him for someone better than Yiadom. I guess that I'll run my team differently some day...!

D

Deleted member 6794

Not my idea about switching to safety. It was discussed in several articles. I don't see why the Packers didn't test him out there. We knew that he was done as CB. See if he's a good safety. If he shined in the pre-season they could have traded him for someone better than Yiadom. I guess that I'll run my team differently some day...!

In my opinion a lot of you continue to put way too much stock into preseason play. Even if Jackson had excelled at safety I don't believe other teams would have given up anything better than a player set to be cut for him anyway.

Krabs

I take offense to that sir.
Reaction score
Jackson was a bustD for the Packers (new draft bust grading system in place). I'm glad he is not a Packer anymore and they at least got a chance at a special teamer. Jackson was totally a waste of a 2nd round pick. Keep him at corner or move him to safety. Regardless, the guy couldn't stop the Texans 2nd team from just picking on him. Packers saw it too. See yah!

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In my opinion a lot of you continue to put way too much stock into preseason play. Even if Jackson had excelled at safety I don't believe other teams would have given up anything better than a player set to be cut for him anyway.
In my opinion a lot of you fail to understand that teams have scouts at opponents camps, relationships between coaches, etc. Preseason games aren't the only way that players establish their value outside of the regular season.

Reaction score
Toasty in coverage...PS or cut.
He’s worthy of PS I think. He was playing way above his level today. For me His 1-2 nice plays were overshadowed his reluctance to get proactive. In his approach to play it safe 10 yards off LOS it got him out of position both on short throws and long throws. Josh just avoided the medium range stuff and dinked and dunked him like Kevin King in a Tampa swimming pool :whistling:

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
He’s worthy of PS I think. He was playing way above his level today. For me His 1-2 nice plays were overshadowed his reluctance to get proactive. In his approach to play it safe 10 yards off LOS it got him out of position both on short throws and long throws. Josh just avoided the medium range stuff and dinked and dunked him like Kevin King in a Tampa swimming pool :whistling:
Looked to me he plays off the line so he doesn't get burned deeper like he did on the TD. (I think it was him.) I don't recall make-up speed being mentioned as one of his assets.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yiadom doesn't look like roster talent to me. Poppa San was right on, that he plays off of the line because he doesn't have the speed to run with the WRs. We don't need that. We also don't need a marginal veteran. I'd rather have a marginal young guy with still the probability of improvement.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think that in these type of player transactions, the GM's should be bound to buying the other GM a dinner if the player actually makes the 53 man roster.

JK64

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yiadom doesn't look like roster talent to me. Poppa San was right on, that he plays off of the line because he doesn't have the speed to run with the WRs. We don't need that. We also don't need a marginal veteran. I'd rather have a marginal young guy with still the probability of improvement.
I agree. We ended up trading our garbage for the Giants garbage. Cut him, he is not NFL caliber.

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Maybe we should ask Aaron who the problem is.

I mean do we need to? It's obviously a matter of opinion but I don't think trading a family environment for a cold corporate one...is the Packers way

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I mean do we need to? It's obviously a matter of opinion but I don't think trading a family environment for a cold corporate one...is the Packers way
Short answer imo ... no, we don't need to.

Latest posts