Packers to go for 2 more often in 2016?

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Kickers usually make a lot of the extra points but after what I saw last year? Ehh...mise well go for it more if the guys just going to miss anyways. At the same time you need to be confident in how well...or not, your offense is moving the ball. If it's a defense of struggle? Kick the thing.

Last edited:

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It makes mathematically sense to go for two because of plays that happened on a football field. Therefore teams should attempt more two point conversions.

How many points do you get for scoring a 2-pointer against football players? :)

You guys take this way to seriously. Not only is it the off season it is the off season to a game.

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/16229182/mike-mccarthy-green-bay-packers-zero-issue-trying-2-every

Maybe 1 play too late, but it looks like MM is considering making the 2 pt conversion a more regular part of the offense this year.

I like that, I especially think coaches should go for them when they're down a TD and make sure that they're not putting their fate in the hands of an OT cointoss, that thing is probably actually more risky than going for 2 on a TD.

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You guys take this way to seriously. Not only is it the off season it is the off season to a game.

We both address just address the fact that a 2-pointer counts for 2, obviously against other football players. After that, what is it that's being taken too seriously? We're just talking about the logic of going for it. Then, after reading the bold part several times, I'm at a loss as to what it means, unless possibly that we're discussing football, which is a game and shouldn't be taken seriously. If that's indeed the case, you're posting to an inappropriate forum.

LarrysCrookedFinger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In 2015 kickers made 94.1% of extra point attempts (EP: 0.941) while teams converted 50.5% of all two point conversions (EP: 1.010).

While that may be true, the Packers have a pretty abysmal 2 point conversion rate over the last several years and Mason made 100% of his extra points last year. We're not talking about the NFL as a whole. We're talking about the Packers.

D

Deleted member 6794

I like that, I especially think coaches should go for them when they're down a TD and make sure that they're not putting their fate in the hands of an OT cointoss, that thing is probably actually more risky than going for 2 on a TD.

Losing the overtime coin toss doesn't automatically result in a team losing the game, although the Packers defense has done a marvelous job of letting us believe to be true over the last two years. I understand the coaching staff's decision to trust Capers unit to be able to stop the Cardinals after the way they played during most of last season.

While that may be true, the Packers have a pretty abysmal 2 point conversion rate over the last several years and Mason made 100% of his extra points last year. We're not talking about the NFL as a whole. We're talking about the Packers.

I'm aware it's a small sample size but the Packers were successful on five of seven two point conversions last season. I used the league average to calculate the expected point value because I expect Crosby to miss an extra point from time to time as well as the larger sample size of teams going for two.

OP
OP
A

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I understand the coaching staff's decision to trust Capers unit to be able to stop the Cardinals after the way they played during most of last season.

Wish I could have your faith. I've been generally happy with our D the last year, but after watching them completely self-destruct in overtime playoff games the last couple seasons (with the complete meltdown in Seattle the last few minutes of regulation), I've lost faith in the D during crunch time, regardless of how they've looked in the game up to that point. Hope they can change that this year.

D

Deleted member 6794

Wish I could have your faith. I've been generally happy with our D the last year, but after watching them completely self-destruct in overtime playoff games the last couple seasons (with the complete meltdown in Seattle the last few minutes of regulation), I've lost faith in the D during crunch time, regardless of how they've looked in the game up to that point. Hope they can change that this year.

Well, it took a single play in overtime to prove that my faith in the Packers defense wasn't justified. Next time I'll be more careful.

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How are apples different from oranges?

Touche! I hadn't thought of it in terms of fruit.

But to answer the question you have posed:
The texture of apples and oranges varies in that apples are much more smooth-skinned, whereas oranges have more of a knobby skin. Another difference is that all apples have seeds, while some varieties of oranges actually do not. Apples are typically a little bit larger in both circumference and diameter than oranges, but this can vary by the specific piece of fruit. The average orange still weighs a bit more than the typical apple.

Apples and oranges have a more substantial difference in terms of their fiber content, with apples having about 2 grams more of fiber. Oranges have much more potassium than apples, at 496 milligrams per 8 ounce serving, as well as more Vitamin C and folate.

Apples and oranges actually have many more similarities than people are inclined to believe. They are both about the same in terms of overall sweetness, can both be juiced, and calorically are almost identical.

Above facts from reference.com

So, to bring this back to the two-pointer question, let's assume the oranges are two-pointers (since they weigh more). In the case of only going for extra points you might encounter a vitamin-C deficiency which could lead to scurvy. That fact alone should encourage people to go for two's...errrr, oranges, more often!

Members online

Latest posts