Packers sign P Pat O'Donnell

• Thread starter Deleted member 6794
  • Start date
OP
OP
D

Deleted member 6794

Although you must admit.. it’s always been fun to watch a punter decimate a Return guy :tup:

True, I still vividly remember Crosby forcing a fumble on a 70-yard kickoff return by Corarrdelle Patterson in the regular season finale at Lambeau in 2015 that was recovered by Hyde.

Unfortunately the Packers didn't take advantage of it.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
True, I still vividly remember Crosby forcing a fumble on a 70-yard kickoff return by Corarrdelle Patterson in the regular season finale at Lambeau in 2015 that was recovered by Hyde.

Unfortunately the Packers didn't take advantage of it.
And I recall in 2003 Josh Bidwell managed to get in the way of Dante Hall of KC.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Mason does a pretty good job of tracking down returners and getting in the way.

Reaction score
Mason does a pretty good job of tracking down returners and getting in the way.
Amen. It’s not a transaction you wish for. However that P/K is the last line of Defense and occasionally can save points. It’s just a plus feature having a 6’4 220lb+ Punter or 6’1”X210 Kicker who’s athletic enough to thwart an easy 7 points by our opponent. Verses a guy like JK Scott as your final hope for mercy on broken coverage.

I just feel like the Tough “Lombardi ish” feel that Rich “Bich” has is just what we needed. Those guys needed a chewing. Lol

Last edited:

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Amen. It’s not a transaction you wish for. However that P/K is the last line of Defense and occasionally can save points. It’s just a plus feature having a 6’4 220lb+ Punter or 6’1”X210 Kicker who’s athletic enough to thwart an easy 7 points by our opponent. Verses a guy like JK Scott as your final hope for mercy on broken coverage.

I just feel like the Tough “Lombardi ish” feel that Rich “Bich” has is just what we needed. Those guys needed a chewing. Lol
You truly are " Old School. "

Reaction score
You truly are " Old School. "
Yes we all need a good, occasional
A chewing. We’re way short on discipline (and similarly God) these days and it’s becoming increasingly evident that the “new and improved” approach is a hoax.
Just look around! Our Great Country is becoming like our recent Packer ST units! Whatever we have been doing is definitely NOT working..
..I just had a thought?
Oldschool for President! :coffee:

My Campaign Slogan

“Get Tougher on Love:inlove: and :tup:Fix it with a Velvet Hammer”

Last edited:

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A chewing. We’re way short on discipline (and similarly God) these days and it’s becoming increasingly evident that the “new and improved” approach is a hoax.
Just look around! Our Great Country is becoming like our recent Packer ST units! Whatever we have been doing is definitely NOT working..
..I just had a thought?

My Campaign Slogan

..I just had a thought?

My Campaign Slogan

Great analogy! Could not have said it better. Our ST can be fixed. Our great country can be fixed. But we have too many in charge who accept losing. Lombardi quote: Show me one who accepts losing and I'll show you a loser.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My guess is that if Pat O'Donnell is the only player standing between a returner and the end zone, Rich Bisaccia will have a fit loud enough to be heard around the world.

He'll also no doubt have a punter that will throw his body like a hammer if needed :)

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
..I just had a thought?

My Campaign Slogan

I hope it doesn't get to the point where players are huddling to pray at the 50 yard line. Keep God/Allah/Yahweh in the church, mosque, synagogue and not in the stadium, except as individual expressions of faith. I don't need to see other people praying. I get nothing out of such displays. America is not a Christian Nation. America has NO national religion. It's in the Constitution. I'll follow a spiritual path of my choosing, or none at all, as is our right and in the Constitution.

But just in case, if there is a supreme being, I hope he/she/it is a Packers' fan!

Reaction score
I hope it doesn't get to the point where players are huddling to pray at the 50 yard line. Keep God/Allah/Yahweh in the church, mosque, synagogue and not in the stadium, except as individual expressions of faith. I don't need to see other people praying. I get nothing out of such displays. America is not a Christian Nation. America has NO national religion. It's in the Constitution. I'll follow a spiritual path of my choosing, or none at all, as is our right and in the Constitution.

But just in case, if there is a supreme being, I hope he/she/it is a Packers' fan!
I actually agree with you and I must admit that my most fervent prayers lately have come in silence, just before our Punting takes the field. :laugh:

My initial prayers on football Sunday are my gratitude and thankfulness to one of our cofounders, Curly Lambeau as he attended a Private Catholic research University known as Notre Dame. It was his faith that propelled and inspired him to join the NFL. In other prayers I thank George Whitney Calhoun for his coined remark that stuck , "Well, for heaven's sake, Curly, why don't you just call them the Green Bay Packers!"
Oh! In other in game time prayers you’ll catch me bowing my head and murmuring the Lords Prayer just before Rodgers’ Hail Mary’s. That prayer always makes me feel guilty because it’s so selfish! I’ll also confess something, I sometimes selfishly pray to God that my family can somehow beat you guys to the concession stands and bathrooms and also beat you to my car and out of the parking jam outside of Lambeau

Last edited:

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree with you and I actually pray (and get specific answers) all the time. My most fervent prayers lately have come just before our Punting takes the field. :laugh:
Oh! And also just before Rodgers’
Hail Marys! :tup:
Well, those are reasons to believe! Now a victory in an NFCCG would take a miracle. A SB win? God in attendance decked out in green and gold!

Reaction score
Well, those are reasons to believe! Now a victory in an NFCCG would take a miracle. A SB win? God in attendance decked out in green and gold!
Yes you are somewhat correct!
He does like Gold! (See the Ark)
I do know one key characteristic in trusting (common denominator of all Spirituality) is patience. We must remain patient because as we know in life.. as it is universal, the best is saved for last. Faith almost comes in “fashionably late” in each process of life.
Us Packer fans have had that patience (Faith) tested as much as anyone! I think we’re fine at Punter, we need to get this K situation intact

Last edited:

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yes you are somewhat correct!
He does like Gold! (See the Ark)
I do know one key characteristic in trusting (common denominator of all Spirituality) is patience. We must remain patient because as we know in life.. as it is universal, the best is saved for last. Faith almost comes in “fashionably late” in each process of life.
Us Packer fans have had that patience (Faith) tested as much as anyone! I think we’re fine at Punter, we need to get this K situation intact
We most certainly have had out faith in the Packers tested.

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 6794

I think we’re fine at Punter, we need to get this K situation intact

I was surprised to see the Packers worked out several punters this week. It seems Brkic isn't a reliable kicker, hopefully Crosby will be healthy enough to get off the PUP list before week 1.

Reaction score
I was surprised to see the Packers worked out several punters this week. It seems Brkic isn't a reliable kicker, hopefully Crosby will be healthy enough to get off the PUP list before week 1.
Yes. We probably need 2 active Punters to accurately hold the ball for the FG unit. 1 to catch it and the other to find a place to hold it and rotate the strings.

Here’s a quick joke I just made.

Question: How many starting Packer Punters are needed to properly evaluate who can hold the ball for the Packers Starting Kicker?

Answer:
None. They don’t have a starting Kicker yet! (That’s the Kicker of this joke!)

Last edited:

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Do you know what's up with Crosby's knee?

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Mason will be just fine when the season starts, according to the skinny from people I know, who are close to his family in this area. They did not elaborate, which I didn't expect they would.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I suspect at this point, it is his job to lose. They know who he is, what he is and how hard he'll work. Unless someone comes in and completely blows the doors off, they likely don't need to see him kick against any of them at this point.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Mason will be just fine when the season starts, according to the skinny from people I know, who are close to his family in this area. They did not elaborate, which I didn't expect they would.
Always good to know someone! Thanks V.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I suspect at this point, it is his job to lose. They know who he is, what he is and how hard he'll work. Unless someone comes in and completely blows the doors off, they likely don't need to see him kick against any of them at this point.
Agreed. If anyone has earned the right to take the PS games off, it's Crosby. I know not everyone is a fan, which is kinda silly to me. He's been extremely consistent, consistently accurate, with the exception of one season and two individual games. Not bad for such a long career, especially kicking in Green Bay. He has always been one of my favorite Packers.

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 6794

Agreed. If anyone has earned the right to take the PS games off, it's Crosby. I know not everyone is a fan, which is kinda silly to me. He's been extremely consistent, consistently accurate, with the exception of one season and two individual games. Not bad for such a long career, especially kicking in Green Bay. He has always been one of my favorite Packers.

I don't want to get into details once again but for most of his career Crosby hasn't even been an average kicker in the league. The numbers clearly support that notion.

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd suggest people look at the success rate of all kickers in Lambeau Field, year after year. You'll find that kicking in the Tundra can be a nightmare, even when the mechanics are correct.

I believe Lambeau Field is the worst stadium in the NFC, and only Oakland is worse as a place to kick?

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't want to get into details once again but for most of his career Crosby hasn't even been an average kicker in the league. The numbers clearly support that notion.
Yeah my opinion on Crosby is subjective, and I know you've posted the numbers before. It's a gut feeling but he just seems to make the kicks he needs to make. I think he's been good for the team and I don't remember them losing games because of him (although I'm sure it's happened). There are opinions on both sides. And maybe he's still playing because they can't find a suitable replacement. I'm not sure I buy that. If they wanted him gone he'd have been released 2 or 3 years ago.

Members online

Latest posts