Packers sign guard Lucas Patrick

• Thread starter Deleted member 6794
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 6794

The team announced they signed guard Lucas Patrick (6-3, 313). He played his college football at Duke, where he appeared in 44 games for the Blue Devils. He made 21 consecutive starts at left guard to finish his career and earned honorable mention All-Atlantic Coast Conference honors in 2015.

In addition the team released WR Devonte Robinson and G Cory Tucker.

Last edited by a moderator:

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The team announced they signed guard Lucas Patrick (6-3, 313). He played his college football at Duke, where he appeared in 44 games for the Blue Devils. He made 21 consecutive starts at left guard to finish his career and earned honorable mention All-Atlantic Coast Conference honors in 2015.

In addition the team released WR Devonte Robinson and G Cory Tucker.

Guard experience, young and big. At worst he will fight for back up or PS. Like how young we are getting along the line.

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 6794

Guard experience, young and big. At worst he will fight for back up or PS. Like how young we are getting along the line.

In my opinion an undrafted free agent signed that late during the offseason is a long shot to even make it on the practice squad.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In my opinion an undrafted free agent signed that late during the offseason is a long shot to even make it on the practice squad.

I think why I feel he may is he is a Guard...we tend to grab just C's and T's and let them learn G....we shall see. Won't shock me if he isn't here even in a month or if he is.

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 6794

I think why I feel he may is he is a Guard...we tend to grab just C's and T's and let them learn G....we shall see.

While that is the general perception about the Packers both Lane Taylor and Matt Rotheram, who I consider the favorites to make the roster as backup guards, played right guard during their college careers.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I thought Lane switched over towards end of College? I spaced it man on Rotheram

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
H

HardRightEdge

Duke....

Part of the continuing theme of overweighting guys from top academic institutions.

I don't know about winning a Super Bowl, but the Packers will be fielding one of the smartest basketball teams in the history of the NFL. ;)

Members online

Latest posts