1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Packers sign guard Lucas Patrick

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by captainWIMM, Jun 1, 2016.

1. captainWIMM

captainWIMM Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +6,636
    The team announced they signed guard Lucas Patrick (6-3, 313). He played his college football at Duke, where he appeared in 44 games for the Blue Devils. He made 21 consecutive starts at left guard to finish his career and earned honorable mention All-Atlantic Coast Conference honors in 2015.

In addition the team released WR Devonte Robinson and G Cory Tucker.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2016
  2. tynimiller

tynimiller Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +331
    Guard experience, young and big. At worst he will fight for back up or PS. Like how young we are getting along the line.

3. captainWIMM

captainWIMM Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +6,636
    In my opinion an undrafted free agent signed that late during the offseason is a long shot to even make it on the practice squad.

4. tynimiller

tynimiller Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +331
    I think why I feel he may is he is a Guard...we tend to grab just C's and T's and let them learn G....we shall see. Won't shock me if he isn't here even in a month or if he is.

5. captainWIMM

captainWIMM Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +6,636
    While that is the general perception about the Packers both Lane Taylor and Matt Rotheram, who I consider the favorites to make the roster as backup guards, played right guard during their college careers.

6. tynimiller

tynimiller Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +331
    I thought Lane switched over towards end of College? I spaced it man on Rotheram

7. captainWIMM

captainWIMM Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +6,636
  8. tynimiller

tynimiller Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +331
  9. HardRightEdge

HardRightEdge Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3,732
    Duke....

Part of the continuing theme of overweighting guys from top academic institutions.

I don't know about winning a Super Bowl, but the Packers will be fielding one of the smartest basketball teams in the history of the NFL. ;)