Packers Season Tickets - 17 week season

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There is a thought-provoking article here about the 17 week season as it relates to Packers season ticket holders: https://www.greenbaypressgazette.co...dd-extra-game-their-home-schedule/4934154002/

I like his suggestion about potentially adding a third group. My buddy has had two seats since the 70s, and just came up on the waiting list and got two more seats. He splits them with his siblings, but has complained on more than one occasion about losing money on selling tickets online. He would likely be one of the green package holders that would opt to go down to three games.

I also like the notion about creating a ticket exchange for Packers fans on the waiting list. As one of those people, I would be ecstatic to have the opportunity to buy. As a former season ticket holder at the UofM, I was always frustrated that it was hard to sell my unused tickets to other Gopher fans. I would generally let them go unused instead of sell them on the open market to (likely) fans from the other team.

Thoughts on creating a White package, using the waiting-list exchange, or other novel ideas?

superdan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
greatw idea but I don't think the extra game equates to an extra him game all that often.

D

Deleted member 6794

greatw idea but I don't think the extra game equates to an extra him game all that often.

Well, if the NFL adds another regular season game the Packers would play an extra home game every two years. That is as long as they don't have to play that one in London or somewhere else.

OP
OP
El Guapo

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Whichever year (2021, 2022, or 2023) that the NFL rolls out the new 17-game season format, might be the year to send the Packers to London. One could argue that the Packers can't claim a loss of revenue, since it's a game that wouldn't have taken place otherwise. Of course, the Packers would have one less pre-season game so there could still be some complaining!

Either way, these are some novel ideas for lessening the burden of owning season tickets and get more fans involved.

OP
OP
El Guapo

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Correct but it will alternate each year. Teams will have 1 pre-season home game the year that they have a 9th regular season home game. It is likely that this would the scenario where the NFL sends the Packers to London, the year they have only 1 home pre-season game but 9 regular season home games, 8 of which are still at Lambeau.

Members online

Latest posts