Packers Season Outlook

armand34

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ok, this is going to sound negative b/c it is negative...I am not feeling a potential Super Bowl appearance this year, I believe we are going to win a lot of games, but as these injuries begin to pile up & the lack of a rushing yards per game, lacking dominance on any part of the game, is putting an abnormal amount of dependability to Aaron Rodgers in my opinion...I think Rodgers is going to have a solid season, but he is going to have to have a ridiculous season for all of our dreams to come true...

I'm have changed my hopes of this season from potential Superbowl Appearance to hopeful of getting a playoff win...I'm just not getting excited about the overall team play

anyone else feeling that?

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Packman Chant

Lambeau West
Reaction score
I feel where your coming from, maybe im in denial but i still have hopes for a SB spot. mainly because I think they are going to pick it up heavy as the season goes forward. Burnett is now out but Bigby is returning soon. i hear Chillar MAY be out they arent sure yet but you are right the injuries are just pile'n up. Guess this is one of those situations that makes the phrase "only time can tell" a true one.

asshalo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would take it one week at a time. If Bigby can stay healthy, I am not worried about safety. Peprah has improved significantly since 2008. Though I don't like him starting the rest of the year, I like him as a depth player when Bigby gets back. As far as the running situation goes, Nance/Starks could still be the answer. Maybe they're bringing Nance along slow like they did with Grant in 2007. Neither Starks nor Nance need to be as good as Grant. They just need to be adequate down-hill runners. If either of them can step-up then I think they have a decent enough 3-headed monster to keep defenses honest and open up the passing game.

Sure, they looked pretty bad against Chicago and the Lions. But two years ago, hell maybe even last year, Green Bay loses that game against the Lions. They deserve credit for coming through when they needed to in the fourth. Though the defense gave up a lot of yards, the offense was barely on the field. Lions also got four turnovers, putting more pressure on the D.

Some games are just ugly because teams can't be perfect every week. Though I am alarmed because they've done so two weeks in a row. Right now I see a very talented team that is trying to find it's identity. If they do, then this team does live up to it's hype and then some. I don't expect them to be peaking in the first quarter of the season. Again two games in a row doesn't bode well, but one of them is a win. If they end up going 3-1 in their next three sets of four games, they're sitting at 12-4. That probably gets them a bye and at least one playoff game.

Incubes12

Bay Harbor Butcher?
Reaction score
I think it's a fair assessment. I wouldn't rule us out of the SB just yet, it's certainly still a possibility, it's just that, a possibility. It's not the "lock" we all thought it was coming into the season. Each game the world stacks one more card against us.

chucknorris101

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Are people forgetting that we have Aaron Freaking Rodgers? and the best WR corps in the league in tandem with possibly the best pass catching matchup problem causing beast of a TE. If anyone can have a monster year it is him.

With how tramon is playing, week 6 we have Al Harris as a #3 cornerback. not because of injury, but because that is how good our corners are. dont forget nick collins the pro bowl safety. and bigby was the starter last year, we're used to hiding him back there...

the special teams can use some improvement, but honestly, are there glaring holes? the primary causes for concern people have so far are all flukes. fumbles, and a TD return that should have never counted. and its the best unit weve had in years, and will only get better as masthay gets more experience. crosby is back in form as well.

the only problems i see with the team right now are the obvious instability at RB, which can be overcome much like we handled it, and the lions handled it against us, a short passing game and screens.

the tackles. i love the guys, but really they seem to finally have hit the wall with the knees, tauscher i think can last the season, he has been doing well, but clifton really needs to pick it up or let bulaga have the reins. now detroit does have a monster front 4 combo we likely wont encounter in another team, but there was just way too much pressure on aaron. as a whole they have improved over last year, but thats just because of no ol' revolving barbre.

injuries happen. good teams overcome. bad teams wallow in self pity. bad fans wallow in self pity. pcik yourselves up people, we're 3-1, going to be leading the division next week, and things will only get better from here on out. we've played probably the sloppiest we can play so far, which means the only way to go is up.

98Redbird

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Dude, with the way the NFC looks right now, it's anyone's game...

The AFC looks ALOT more defined in terms of contenders, the NFC... I have no freaking clue...

PackerFan87

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yup. Looks like we will make playoffs...but just have to hope we get healthy and improve come post season otherwise it will be another early exit.:skull::beg:

YouFrgotPoland

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Its just like last year, we haven't hit our stride yet. But once we do, man the other teams are in trouble. The difference between this year and last year, is we are still finding ways to win games that we wouldn't have won early last season. We are an improved, more talented, more confident, better equiped team than the 11-5 one of last year.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's just 4 games in and already some are ready to throw in the towel?
Shame on you.

The thing is, it's not just the Packers who have problems.
So do other teams.
Like the Viqueens fr instance.
BrINT is being back to good ol BrINT.
They don't have their best WR.
The coach is a lame noodlehead.
Etc. etc.
It's not like all the other teams are invincible steel robots. (Or are they?)
They have weaknesses too and the Pack will find ways to exploit that as the season goes on.

GreenBayTheOnlyWay

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Here's my take. The players all know they can play better. I wouldn't expect them to be taking games for granted after the last two.

We've lost two starters in four games, the jury is still out on Chillar. One of which can hopefully be replaced in two weeks (Burnett with Bigby, who has not played football in 10 months).

We're 3-1. Lucky? Maybe. We could just as easily be 2-2 or 4-0. This team knows how to win. The last 13 games, postseason included, we are 10-3. Those three losses? All by last minute points from the opposing team (Pittsburgh, Arizona, Chicago).

If I had to rank football teams, we are in the top seven, contending with the likes of (in no specific order) the Baltimore Ravens, New Orleans Saints, Atlanta Falcons, Pittsburgh Steelers, New York Jets and the New England Patriots. Saints and Ravens have yet to blow out an opponent (more than a touchdown lead at the end of the game). Falcons have had two close calls. Are they all hitting the panic button? No, because they are 3-1. It's a great place to be.

The Steelers are going to be downright scary now that they have Roethlisberger back to compliment their defense.

There is still plenty of season to go. These next two games will be very telling as where this team is going. If we hold out till we get our PUP players, get to the second half of the season at 6-2, get hot in the second half of the season (like last year, late bye-week) we could be entering playoffs with 12 or 13 wins and a 1st or 2nd seed. Throwing in the towel on a Super Bowl run when we are one of the top teams in the NFC is ridiculous.

Incubes12

Bay Harbor Butcher?
Reaction score
Dude, with the way the NFC looks right now, it's anyone's game...

The AFC looks ALOT more defined in terms of contenders, the NFC... I have no freaking clue...
I don't know about this. Maybe the Steelers are for sure contenders once Ben Rapelisberger gets back. Other than that, I think the AFC is just as much up for grabs as the NFC at this point. Don't tell me you're buying Chiefs kool aid either.

turbo69

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Relax man. Its early in the season. Like I said on a different thread, I'd rather have the Packers play their best football towards the end of the season. Remember what you felt like when Tampa Bay beat us last year? If you were anything like me............the season was over that day. Life was over that day. The world was coming to a end. We sucked balls...........and everyone on earth new it! Then the next day.......the sun came up........and the Packers remained. lol

Mushroom

Packer Owner/Shareholder
Reaction score
Ben Rapelisberger

3-1 is better than 2-2 (last season). Were winning (more or less) the games that need to be won. As for the Super Bowl talk...The ones saying we were going there were just the retards in the media....not Dione Warwick. There's nothing you or I can do to make their chances better, sit back and enjoy it. I think they're gonna be fine.:dwarf:

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
Have a little faith my loves!!! ((((HUgggs))))!!! WE are NOT the only team struggling, as several have stated. A "slump" if you can call it that is always better at the beginning of the season then at the end, where it can kill you in the playoffs. Look at this as a growing period. They are figuring out who they are and growing as team. Sure we have had some serious injuries, but it is unlikely of any team to get through a season without injuries. It's how you adapt from them that can often determine your future. It also gives another player the chance to prove himself so something good can come from something terrible. I think the think that hurts the most about the play in the last few games is we know, and I'm sure the team knows, they are better than that. Playing worst than you are is even more frustrating than sucking and knowing you suck all along. We have such extraordinary talent on this team, I don't think we've even seen half of it manifest yet. The Packers and Packer Nation cannot be defeated so easily. Die hard, and never give up.

TampaPacMan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As I stated in a previous post, there's no way this team is a legitimate Super Bowl contender. I think it's possible that they'll win their next two games @Washington, and Miami,so they may be 5-1 when they enter a stretch that includes playing @the Jets. However, if they continue to be one-dimensional there's no way they're going to win road games against play-off caliber teams.

emattes90

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I love how everyone is so quick to jump on the fact that we barely beat the Lions... First of all, the defending champs had a hard time pulling off a win against the Panthers this past weekend, who are arguably worse than the Lions... Secondly, a win last week and a 2 point loss the week before despite playing so poorly has to give you some optimism if we can finally start playing good football, which I have no doubt we will.

emattes90

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As for the next few games, I feel like if we don't commit stupid penalties and/or turn the ball over we can beat the 'Skins fairly easily. I'm not impressed by their play this season. I also like us against Miami, if Thigpen is their new starter he better be ready to come to Lambeau and be abused.

packerfan4ever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i know the lions game was bad,running game needs help but like some have said we will get better,i look at saints,colts they have lost why saints are without bush and it shows,not giving up hope think we havethe talent and think they will start this week in showing we can win some good games s.b still in sight.

Members online

Latest posts