1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Packers Rookie Guards Face Tought Test

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by PackwillBEback, Sep 8, 2006.

1. PackwillBEback

PackwillBEback Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +38
    I thought they looked good against Atlanta...and look at the positive I mean green wasn't getting smacked behind the line against Cinncy. They were in there for that pass to Jennings against Tennesse. But, I think the zone blocking will actually help them and the rest of the line. Instead of having to mark one man the whole time, I think the zone D will help and help keep them out of Favre's face for a bit longer and help get Green and the backs pick up some yardage through the middle.

2. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    Green also RAN for a TD in tennessee, which was good(when the starters were in )

whats the phrase, baptism by fire?

I dont care if its pretty, as long as we get the job done against the #1 defense in the league, and limit our mistakes on offense(interceptions,fumbles,penalties,missed assignments).

good find.

3. PackwillBEback

PackwillBEback Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +38
    Oh yeah you were right...I am actually more confident in the line this year than last. I think we have two young guys that can be here for a while and that will develop. They will only get better as the year goes on, but to me they almost seem like veterans. And what I loved his....there was hardly any penalties on this line. Many teams have enough trouble with veteran lines, but we have two rookie guards and what was there against the whole like a couple of holdings and a couple of false starts...two of them against clifton? Which won't happen. I know it was only preseason, but when rookies going out there for their first games even in exhibition and stand up against veteran first stringers, I like it.

And you are right I don't care if the zone blocking his something that looks extremely bizzare, if it works then I'm happy.

4. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    i think there was maybe 5 total o-line penalties in 4 preseason games(which is when you'd expect a lot, from young guys with their FIRST NFL action).

limiting mistakes will be key by the young'ns. They WILL get pushed around at times, they WILL be outplayed at times.

but they HAVE to limit mistakes. Keep blown assignments to a minimum. Limited or NO penalties,etc.

go packers