1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Packers retain Kuhn, Humphrey, Bigby

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by tromadz, Mar 21, 2008.

1. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    Yay?:

The Packers signed two of their exclusive-rights players this week, tight end Tory Humphrey and fullback John Kuhn, according to the NFL's internal transaction wire.

Humphrey, a third-year pro, is a backup tight end whom the Packers think highly of but who's had major injury problems since entering the NFL. He missed all of last season because of a broken bone in his ankle and seven games at the end of the 2006 season while on injured reserve because of a hamstring injury.

The Packers picked up Kuhn, a third-year pro, off waivers after Pittsburgh cut him last season at the end of training camp.

-------------------------------------------------------------

growth from within?

2. KGB94SACKEM

KGB94SACKEM Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Packers retain Kuhn, Humphrey

Super Bowl

3. all about da packers

all about da packers Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Packers have also re-signed Bigby:

Good to hear, between now and the draft the Packers can work on extending their own players, and try to reach a contract that satisfied both sides with Grant.

4. Zombieslayer

Zombieslayer Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I'd actually prefer to lock up Bigby for at least two or three years. I'm telling you, he's going to be good. He has the skills.

The problem with Bigby in my opinion is placement, and it's more to blame on coaching. The guy can hit and can make INTs. The skills are there. I'd hate to lose him after this year.

5. wpr

wpr Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Loved how he stepped it up in post season and made those plays. :pop:

6. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    Me too....that man can HIT!

7. MassPackersFan

MassPackersFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    The coaching staff seems to be high on Humphrey, and Kuhn and Bigby played very well for us in 07. Not such a slow news day! There have been slower, that's for sure.

8. bigfog

bigfog Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I'd rather that TT had him locked up in a long deal over Ryan Grant. A safety of his caliber takes a defense to another level, and while he made some really goofy mistakes early on - he came on to be a force.

I think his greatest asset to this team is his hard-hitting ability. Interceptions are great, but don't happen often. When a receiver gets in his neighborhood early in a game and gets hit so hard they get up looking out of their ear hole, that's a gift that keeps on giving. That receiver is not going to want to have that happen again, and when other teams watch a hit like that on film, they will go out of their way to scheme away from him.

That's why I like Bigby so much. For years, I've clamored for the Pack to get a safety with the mentality of a prize fighter, and they have finally got one. Lock 'em up Ted!

9. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    I'm sure Bigby will get a very fair payday next year by the packers. I'd say there's a 85% chance of that, and if not, he will get paid well by some other team.

Teddy may be a stickler with cash(supposedly), but not with that defense, baby!

10. packerfan1245

packerfan1245 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Can he take you out Cheesey?

11. Veretax

Veretax Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +6
    Hrms. Good news about Kuhn, gues sthey won't be drafting a FB now :/

12. johnny_blood

johnny_blood Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Bigby is only a restricted free agent after this new extension expires, so I wouldn't worry about it too much.

13. b_mckendry

b_mckendry Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Great News! All 3 of them are great.