Packers release RB Knile Davis

• Thread starter Deleted member 6794
  • Start date

Packerlifer

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Davis will be wearing #30 for the Packers. Knilllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllesssssssssssssssssssss

Curly Calhoun

Cheesehead
Reaction score
According to a source the team has acquired RB Knile Davis from the Chiefs.

I like this move. A late-round conditional draft pick for a serviceable NFL running back is a fair price, and there is clearly a need with both of our other running backs out for a while.

It's eerily similar to the trade Ted made a few years ago when the Giants had a glut of running backs and were happy to get something for Ryan Grant. I don't expect this to turn out as well as that did - those sort of bargains are rare - but it's a nice thought.

easyk83

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If I remember right, he ran for over 3400 yards his first three years in GB. IIRC only AP ran for more during that time. Not saying this is the same thing, but sometimes it just works out.

I remember the JS staff kept calling him mediocre or average. Until he went down for the season back in 2010 and then we saw what average looked like behind that O-line. He was a good tough runner and he had a lot of heart.

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 6794

If he's a bust, then go after somebody like Shock Linwood in this next year's draft or Brandon Radcliff (I assume Dalvin Cook won't be available when our pick comes).

It's far too early to talk about next season, the Packers are in need of a running back now.

I think the window for another Super Bowl with Rodgers has closed and we might as well start planning for the future.

Rodgers has repeatedly said he wants to play another several years, there's no reason to believe his Super Bowl window has closed.

That was a different story as the Giants misevaluated Grant though and never gave him a chance to perform in a regular season game. Davis has already proved he's a below average running back.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The only reason why anyone complains about not signing Spiller is because he was a big name out of college and a high pick.

These are his number the last three years.
78 carries for 300 yards

36 attempts for 112 yards

And his numbers this year?
A whole 3 carries for 9 yards, including 1 carry last week for -3 yards.

Spiller hasn't been good for years. It's just another case of "I recognize that name so sign him!"

Wrong!! It was a case of Starks stinks and we don't have any speed at RB. If they would've signed Spiller you'd have a guy that had at least 3 games to learn the playbook.

mkonyn

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wrong!! It was a case of Starks stinks and we don't have any speed at RB. If they would've signed Spiller you'd have a guy that had at least 3 games to learn the playbook.

Right, we went from starks fumbling 3 yards down the field to having to worry about fumbles caused by the QB to RB exchange because the guy doesn't know the playbook.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Right, we went from starks fumbling 3 yards down the field to having to worry about fumbles caused by the QB to RB exchange because the guy doesn't know the playbook.

right, but......the only other option was Don Jackson, if you want playbook knowledge and experience with taking handoffs from AR, which were also probably limited as well. I am guessing if they had more confidence in Jackson, he would have been next up.

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Here's my speculation:
1) They have a bigger fish in their cross hairs this week, like McFadden, and don't want to give up more than 1 pick, or

2) Starks is close to a return .

More likely, #2.

JK64

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Another fail by TT.

The whole lousy defense is another fail...I hate our defense. How many 1st round picks are on the D?

JK64

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Another fail by TT.

The whole lousy defense is another fail...I hate our defense. How many 1st round picks are on the D?

Please no one tell me about the injuries on D, Caper and this defense have sucked the bag for years.

Members online

Latest posts