Packers release RB Knile Davis

• Thread starter Deleted member 6794
  • Start date

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Yeah there was a ton of options better than Davis, I think TT really just made to move to have a warm body there. The Packers really lost very little in the move.

Not sure about "ton" unless you are including Eddie Lacy type backs in there ;)

Un4GivN

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not sure about "ton" unless you are including Eddie Lacy type backs in there ;)

RB signed to active rosters in the last 14 days...

Juwan Thompson
Tyler Gaffney
Terrell Watson
Stevan Ridley
Terron Ward
Mike James
Bishop Sankey

Not saying they were "good" options... Just a lot of really cheap ways they could of gone. Ward did look pretty decent though.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
If I was a betting man, I would bet on TT sticking with Jackson, Monty and Ripp and hoping for the return of Starks and possibly Lacy at some point. Starks proved that an average back isn't really going to make us a team with a running threat, but with Monty back there at times, at least we can provide the fear of an occasional long run if defenses don't respect it. Jackson showed some signs of being able to find a hole, so I wouldn't give up on him yet.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
If I was a betting man, I would bet on TT sticking with Jackson, Monty and Ripp and hoping for the return of Starks and possibly Lacy at some point. Starks proved that an average back isn't really going to make us a team with a running threat, but with Monty back there at times, at least we can provide the fear of an occasional long run if defenses don't respect it. Jackson showed some signs of being able to find a hole, so I wouldn't give up on him yet.
I'm fine with the combo of Starks, Jackson, Ripper and Montgomery. They all have something to offer and have different styles that complement each other and test defenses in different ways as well as offer pass protection skills.

lambeaulambo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
omg....inept front office anyone? It is so obvious that this regime has screwed the pooch totally on this team. If they falter, there is no way you bring back either the coach or the GM. This is Cleveland Brownish type stuff. I am sorry - but this whole season of decision making is inexcusable. Ask yourself this - what would Belichek do...like him or not, the man would not go this route on Brady no matter what. Laughingstock.

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 6794

A Super Bowl contender should have better options at running back than Jackson, Ripkowski, Montgomery and Cobb. Unfortunately there aren't street free agents out there presenting a significant upgrade.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
A Super Bowl contender should have better options at running back than Jackson, Ripkowski, Montgomery and Cobb. Unfortunately there aren't street free agents out there presenting a significant upgrade.

Agreed and really the best that we can hope for is Eddie Lacy possibly coming back from ankle surgery towards the end of the season. Starks will be back sooner, but I'm not as confident in him as I once was.

InFamous

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So people complain about the lack of trades first. Thereafter TT trades for Davis, people complain about him not being worthy to trade for. Now people complain about TT cutting ties with a player who they said wont make a difference... Ok, I dont get it.

Davis had all the athletic abilities to be a force at the RB position and we have been short at that position because of multiple (I count four of them) injuries at running back. No team can have the depth to account for that many injuries at a, for years now, non-premium position.

TT tried something new, traded and it didnt pan out. People can complain about him perhaps being out of practice since he aint trading much, but at least there have been movement. Once we are not getting into the playoffs or are one and done I might start complaining too. But right now? No.

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 6794

So people complain about the lack of trades first. Thereafter TT trades for Davis, people complain about him not being worthy to trade for. Now people complain about TT cutting ties with a player who they said wont make a difference... Ok, I dont get it.

Davis had all the athletic abilities to be a force at the RB position and we have been short at that position because of multiple (I count four of them) injuries at running back. No team can have the depth to account for that many injuries at a, for years now, non-premium position.

TT tried something new, traded and it didnt pan out. People can complain about him perhaps being out of practice since he aint trading much, but at least there have been movement. Once we are not getting into the playoffs or are one and done I might start complaining too. But right now? No.

I don't think anyone was complaining about Thompson trading for Davis but several posters around here expected the running back not to have a huge impact.

Members online

Latest posts