Packers release RB Knile Davis

• Thread starter Deleted member 6794
  • Start date
H

HardRightEdge

They don't have to give up a pick I read
That's not unusual for a short stay in a contingency pick trade. I suggested as much when he was signed.

He's was an eye-popping Combine athlete, not much of a football player unfortunately.

H

HardRightEdge

Me either, the guy run barely got over the line of scrimmage. TT trade = :poop:
There was nothing in the available tape to suggest much value either.

Jackson looks a guy with some skills. More instinctive than Davis anyway. I'm not sure why he didn't get more carries against ATL. Injured again?

RepStar15

"We're going to relentlessly chase perfection."
Reaction score
Really, not for long with the garbage we've seen against Dallas and now Atlanta.

Be honest, did that look like a #1 run defense yesterday.
They held a team that was averaging over 120 rush yards per game to 80

Djepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Oh YES!!! Just as I was complaining on why we can always seem to find WRs but never any RBs we run across this GEM!!
Thanks Captain Pike for another Dead Head Move!! Erin Andrews interviews Mike McFatty at the half and the dork says '"Dauh we gotta run more,,,Dauhhh" Then the first play from scrimmage in the second half is a pass play....Maybe someone could start drinking bottled water up there in the Packer offices and realize we need a Great Running back in the draft...not a good one....Idiots!!!

JK64

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They held a team that was averaging over 120 rush yards per game to 80
90 actually. Atlanta could pass at will so there was no need to run. When Atl. did run they averaged 4.7 yards per carry, that pretty much sucks.

C-Lee

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Won't end up costing us a draft pick, which is a good thing.

Sick two week rental, Ted!

Reaction score
I'm dissapointed this happened being I thought he could come in and be somewhat useful but I was very wrong. I think this may mean they might try to do something before the deadline. I will point out Sean Peyton seems to hate Mark Ingram. If the saints are not very high on him I could see that trade being interesting. Although he was a first round pick I'm sure they wouldn't take peanuts for him and I wouldn't want to give up a whole lot but the guy can play obvious fumble issues but Starks had issues last year and they rewarded him!!!

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
At least with the release of Kniles Davis, it means another player being put on the 53 to pin our hopes on! :coffee:

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This looks like TT made the move to get out of sending them the draft pick. If he played 3 games he lost the pick.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
Oh YES!!! Just as I was complaining on why we can always seem to find WRs but never any RBs we run across this GEM!!
Thanks Captain Pike for another Dead Head Move!! Erin Andrews interviews Mike McFatty at the half and the dork says '"Dauh we gotta run more,,,Dauhhh" Then the first play from scrimmage in the second half is a pass play....Maybe someone could start drinking bottled water up there in the Packer offices and realize we need a Great Running back in the draft...not a good one....Idiots!!!
Lol, nothing like witnessing a good old fashioned Monday meltdown from the lunatic wing in Packernation. :)

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Smart post...

Anyway, since when did it become easy to just pick a great RB?

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
lol I kinda feel bad for Davis. I'm curious as to Whis coming back? Or maybe we can trade for Joe Hayden and dump Shields and send Goodson back to the bench where he needs to be.

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jackson did look far better then him against the falcons.
Jackson - 4 rushes, 10 yds. for 2.5 ypc average? I'm hoping Starks is ready soon :( If TT is going to swing a trade before tomorrow afternoon I hope it's a CB. Apparently we don't need much of a running game if we could figure out how to stop the opposition's passing game.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Don't get too excited, Linsley has been practicing, they're probably just going to activate him