Packers Release Jeremy Ross

H

HardRightEdge

As detailed previously in these pages, Jeremy Ross is not a good football player. On to Plan B and C.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

Ross would have been an All-Pro ... a Hall of Famer. I'm going to miss him and his perky little devil-may-care smile.
Funny. Sad but funny :laugh:. I still think it is easy to blame ONE player for all our woes though. I keep seeing Williams name being booted around as next to useless and I dont know why ??? I thought he played well the other night.

crefan53

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm thinking that Cobb goes back to kick off and punt return duties and they bring Charles Johnson up from the practice squad.

BorderRivals.com

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think Joe McKinght may be a little busier running from the law than running from would-be tacklers.

A failure to appear warrant is nothing major. It means that if he's in the state and authorities note him, they have the right to stop and arrest him pursuant to the bench warrant. He's facing two driving violations - one is a petty misdemeanor and the other is either a misdemeanor or gross misdemeanor depending on the number of prior no insurance violations he has. Long story short, it's nothing serious and shouldn't be an impediment for him signing with a team.

MadtownColt

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Tori Gurely was just let go by Brown's to make room for another player coming back from suspension. Is he worth a look a 5th receiver? Can't remember if he fielded punts. I do remember the guy had nice size, and bummed we lost him off our practice squad.

Un4GivN

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Funny. Sad but funny :laugh:. I still think it is easy to blame ONE player for all our woes though. I keep seeing Williams name being booted around as next to useless and I dont know why ??? I thought he played well the other night.

I thought be played OK? He gave up the big play on the first drive. Had a sack... I just think people had higher expectations of him after his 2011 campaign. Most fans thought he would be a shut-down corner, and that is just not ever him. He's small and gets beat up by physical receivers, not very good closing speed, not all that great at change of directions and takes risks at the wrong times.

My belief has always been he's a solid #2 corner, nothing more nothing less.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's amazing that this guy got 2 mistakes and was gone, but Mason Crosby was given chance after chance after chance.

Look, Ross' fumble last year hurt vs SF, and so did the one this week vs Cincy.
But, A) our defense sucked anyway and we made ColinK look like God that game. We had no prayer of winning with that defense. The whole DL and LBs deserved some consequences as did Capers.
B) Ross' fumble this week was forgotten when we steam-rolled ahead to a 30-14 lead.

From that point on, it was Rodgers, Jones, and the weak OL on 4th down (as usual in those situations) who cost us the game. It wasn't Ross.

One last time, the special teams blocking in front of him was absolutely pathetic. Guys were flying in and meeting him inside the 15 yard line all the time.

And that kickoff surprisingly only went to about the 5 or 10 yard line when most of them were going 5 yards deep into the end zone.

Yes he messed up, but nothing as bad as Crosby many times choking kicks, or the center EDS getting shoved backwards like a child.

I remember many Packer so-called fans 3 years ago wanting James Jones sent packing, for his drops, big drops.
Same with Finley.

When given even a little bit of blocking, I saw Jeremy Ross look pretty damn good late last year as a return guy. Very surprised he was kicked to the curb this soon.

Members online

Latest posts