Packers on E:60 tonight

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
Starts at 6 central on ESPN, but Favre-a-Palooza might end up preempting it.

It's a piece, I believe, about our training camp tradition of players riding the kid's bikes.

No idea if I'll watch, but I figure you guys would probably want to know.

bad93ex

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Might have to put that on the ole' DVR.

I can't wait to take my sons there for that tradition.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thanx for the reminder.
They announced it during MNF as one of three stores on the show.
This bikes tradition is something I'm just becoming aware of.
So I was really interested in it.
However it was just like 2 min of filler at the end after like 5 or 6 stories that preceded it.
So it wasn't really worth the wait. I could have probably found the same stuff online.
Oh well. Now I get it.
And I didn't know how organized it was with all the kids forming a semi-circle waiting for players to come out.
It's a good way for Packer's to connect with kids and yet an odd tradition.

21dmvp21

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i really think the bike tradition is a great thing for the kids, green bay is a very special place and the packers have a special bond with the fans. it is a great place to go if anybody on here has never been. myself has been lucky to have gone on many occasions. the only thing i dont like about the bike tradition tho is that most of the bigger players like rodgers, driver, jennings, etc. dont ride the bikes to or from practice. i can understand what a frenzy it would be if they did tho.

Mr. StyleZ

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Don't waste your time watching it guys.. I turned it on while I was making dinner, like FF said it was only a time filler, and nothing new than we already know.

bad93ex

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well I missed it anyhow my Blackberry keeps going on the fritz and I couldnt set my DVR to record it.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well I missed it anyhow my Blackberry keeps going on the fritz and I couldnt set my DVR to record it.
Trust me.
Ya didn't miss much.
They made it seem like a bigger deal than it really was.
ESPN knows the love of Packer fans and so used that as a teaser to get us to tune into nothing really.
(I'm not knocking the bike thing. The way that ESPN handled it sucked.)
Yet if Burnt Fart had still been with the Pack and rode a bike then they would probably have spent an hour on it! LOL :friends:

gbpack12_2_89

Bleeding Green and Gold
Reaction score
I wanted to see how ESPN did this thing. I remember when I was younger me and some of my friends went there, and my buddys mom was obsessed with pictures and video taping everything, so she had set the video camera on the front dash and we had turned around to look at some of the players that had passed the van and then boom Mark Churma was riding a kids bike and not paying attention and hit the van head on and we got it all on tape. I wish that tradition would go on a little more lol.

Members online

Latest posts