Packers offered contract to Culpepper

NodakPaul

Cheesehead
Reaction score

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wow.....we dodged a bullet there. I'm glad Culpooper showed just how stupid he was by turning it down.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
I am surprised nobody has said anything about this yet...

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2008/06/20/packers-offered-culpepper-a-contract/

According to their sources, Culpepper actually turned down a $1 million offer from the team shortly before the draft.

The Green Bay Gazette is the paper reporting it.

I am surprised that 1) The Packers would be that desperate at QB. And 2) Culpepper was stupid enough to think he could do better anywhere else.

Someone did.

Sun Apr 27, 2008 05:50 PM

Yeah, it happens, somethings things don't come off as we tried to word them. Just takes one person to throw a different perception at it and boom! :)

all about da packers said:
I'm interested in if you have any thoughts on a veteran QB the Pack might target Z. Perhaps you think someone like a Chris Simms in a trade?

The Packers offered Daunte Culpepper a contract after his visit. I expect Daunte to do as what has been reported. Which is put some feelers out there to see if he can get a better opportunity to start. Daunte sees himself as a NFL caliber QB, not yet ready to be a mentor which is what the Packers would like him here for.

I half expect Daunte to sign with us or the Packers will try to persuade Trent Dilfer into continuing his NFL career and post pone his, what many feel is promising, tv analyst career.

I haven't really heard inside info about what will happen and everyone seems pretty hush on about a backup QB with the exception of Ted saying it was a position that will be addressed. That's like saying the Packers are going to draft some college kids, its pretty obvious.

Members online

No members online now.