Packer's O-line is one player away.

ThinkICare

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Agreed. I'd like it if we used our 1st round pick on either worthy O-Lineman, Best, or Spiller. Hopefully he can work out something where he can draft up so he can get both. Wouldn't hate it if TT drafted Graham, Kindle, or Hughes though. Just would rather have TT draft O-Lineman and/or an explosive RB.

OP
OP
D

DILLIGAFF

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Anyone know what the deal is with Breno Giacomini. My understanding he was the front runner for the starting RT position, but got hurt and Barbre got it kind of by default. Does this guy have any potential? If so, I think we can get by with out signing Clifton and Colledge.

LT - Lang (rookie 2nd or 3rd round)
RT - Iupati (Barbre/Spitz)
c - Wells (Spitz)
RG - Sitton (Barbre/Spitz)
RT - Tauscher (Breno Giacomini)

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Kiper has the Pack picking Taylor Mays in a mock draft, Mays is showing some red flags in the Senior Bowl, can't cover the fast receivers.

I really want the O-line up graded this year, more so than the defense. I would like to see A-rod with an half a second to a full second longer to throw in the pocket. Just imagine our receiving threats would do if A-rod just had a little more time.

I would not mind if TT trades up to get another first round pick to ensure we get a guard like Iupati and a player like CJ Spiller or Best. Then again I think I would be happy with both first round picks used on the O-line.
Mays is like the only player I don't want us to pick. Have you seen him play?

If we wanted him, we would've sticked with Aaron Rouse.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Anyone know what the deal is with Breno Giacomini. My understanding he was the front runner for the starting RT position, but got hurt and Barbre got it kind of by default. Does this guy have any potential? If so, I think we can get by with out signing Clifton and Colledge.

LT - Lang (rookie 2nd or 3rd round)
RT - Iupati (Barbre/Spitz)
c - Wells (Spitz)
RG - Sitton (Barbre/Spitz)
RT - Tauscher (Breno Giacomini)
No. He was plain beat. I was cheering for guacamole like crazy, since his parents are brazilian...

But he're worse than Barbre. Enough said.

AlDay31

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jason LaCanfora, the guy that NFL.com wants to be the new Adam Schefter, reported today, that the Buccs are about the place the highest tender(1st and 3rd and 2.5 million) on Donald Penn, their 26-year old LT, and have stalled their contract negotiations. So, shell we give it a try? I mean, a first and a third is not that much for a rock solid LT, who has the experience, something a rookie at #23 does not at all promise, or if you want to trade up you have to give up picks anyway. I mena, if we are willing to go for Penn, nothing is guaranteed, but I like the idea.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jason LaCanfora, the guy that NFL.com wants to be the new Adam Schefter, reported today, that the Buccs are about the place the highest tender(1st and 3rd and 2.5 million) on Donald Penn, their 26-year old LT, and have stalled their contract negotiations. So, shell we give it a try? I mean, a first and a third is not that much for a rock solid LT, who has the experience, something a rookie at #23 does not at all promise, or if you want to trade up you have to give up picks anyway. I mena, if we are willing to go for Penn, nothing is guaranteed, but I like the idea.
If we didn't have other needs, mainly on D, I'd be all for it.

Not the case.

OP
OP
D

DILLIGAFF

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I agree with you if TT is thinking of trading up in the draft for a left tackle, I would rather have a proven commodity in Donald Penn that can start day one with no questions asked.

I have to say I would not be up set if this were to occur, its a high price but imangine what A-rod and the offense could do if he had a half of second longer on average to throw the ball. This one player makes a lot of players better.

Ok I have talked myself into it, do it TT.

NYPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree with you if TT is thinking of trading up in the draft for a left tackle, I would rather have a proven commodity in Donald Penn that can start day one with no questions asked.

I have to say I would not be up set if this were to occur, its a high price but imangine what A-rod and the offense could do if he had a half of second longer on average to throw the ball. This one player makes a lot of players better.

i know that a lot of NFL analysts have been raving Penn as one of the youngest up and coming LT's in the league but they said that based on potential not value. Right now many experts say that Penn is a serviceable lineman but not a guaranteed starter for the long term.

turbo69

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree with you in that you pick the best player available, not by need.

If I understand what you are saying, I believe if you keep Tauscher you have to keep Clifton, between the two of them with Lang as a back up you will keep the positions filled without playing musical chairs.

LT - Clifton (Lang)
LG - Iupati/Evans (Spitz)
c - Wells (Spitz)
RG - Sitton
RT - Tauscher (Lang)(rookie 4th round)

If Clifton is not on the roaster and Tauscher goes down, then what do we do if Lang is the Starting LT to replace Tauscher, IMO this will happen at the worst time. We could always find another Lang in the 3rd to 4th round.
That probably would work but this is how I would do it

LT Selvish Capers/Ciron Black/Roger Saffold/Kyle Calloway via (2nd round draft pick
LG Iupati via 1st round
C- Wells
RG- Sitton
RT- TJ Lang

Of course rotate Clifton in and out at LT until the Rookie can learn more as the season progresses. We need to Keep Rogers upright this year and although having two rookies on the left side would have some growing pains, it couldn't be any worse than last years merry go round. We need to get it fixed........like yesterday.

AllouezPackerFan

Section 121 Row 47
Reaction score

Seriously.....if we don't draft an O-Lineman in the first round, I will burn TT in effigy.

Members online

Latest posts