Packers Have an Underrated Defense

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If that's true, then we will go 0-16 based off your saying.

I have no idea how you came to that conclusion. All I said was that the Packers defense had some horrible games last years, with the San Fran game being the worst of all. I never said the Packers defense was so bad the team would go 0-16. I just think the defense has a lot of holes and shouldn't be considered "under-rated" based on stats.

Good luck :tup:

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
I have no idea how you came to that conclusion. All I said was that the Packers defense had some horrible games last years, with the San Fran game being the worst of all. I never said the Packers defense was so bad the team would go 0-16. I just think the defense has a lot of holes and shouldn't be considered "under-rated" based on stats.

Good luck :tup:
Joke based on "only as good as your last game." He's saying SF made us look like an 0-16 team.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If Angelina Jolie took you on a cruise around the world would you spend all day *****ing that she got ******* crumbs in bed?

Lombardi's quote does not mean that you ceaselessly complain and only consider the negative.

The old saying goes "you're only as good as your last game". And if that's true, this defense is not very good.

That is such a ridiculous and short sighted view. You must have hated each season that Favre wasn't cut, because he played absolutely horrible in the last game of the season every year, except '96.

We had a poor game plan. We didn't have all our personnel. A way to shut down a running QB is to have fast athletic LBs and DL. You don't think Worthy and Perry are suited very well to shut down a running QB? What about ILBs Smith and Bishop? Don't you think aggressive and able to cover lots of ground would have helped?

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If Angelina Jolie took you on a cruise around the world would you spend all day *****ing that she got ******* crumbs in bed?

Lombardi's quote does not mean that you ceaselessly complain and only consider the negative.
It would depend on how well Angelina plays defense. :)

I responded to a post about perfection with a quote from Vince. The person it was intended for enjoyed it. Don't know how you wrapped negativity into that quote from Lombardi?

But funny how people complain about *****ing yet do their own. :rolleyes:

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It would depend on how well Angelina plays defense. :)

I responded to a post about perfection with a quote from Vince. The person it was intended for enjoyed it. Don't know how you wrapped negativity into that quote from Lombardi?

But funny how people complain about *****ing yet do their own. :rolleyes:
RealCaliCheese was saying he sees reason to be optimistic and that the game is more enjoyable if you approach from a positive POV.

You responded with the Lombardi quote regarding chasing perfection.

How can this be interpreted?

As it was a direct response to RCC's comments - I interpreted it this way: 'If you are optimistic, you are not chasing perfection'. That to be a fan you need to be constantly critical of the team. That is silliness. But go ahead and roll your purple eyes at me all you want :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: . TT and MM and the rest of the Packer staff need to be chasing perfection. Its us fans who are supposed to enjoy. If you won't enjoy the Packers unless they are perfect, you are in for a lifetime of disappointment.

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
RealCaliCheese was saying he sees reason to be optimistic and that the game is more enjoyable if you approach from a positive POV.

You responded with the Lombardi quote regarding chasing perfection.

How can this be interpreted?

As it was a direct response to RCC's comments - I interpreted it this way: 'If you are optimistic, you are not chasing perfection'. That to be a fan you need to be constantly critical of the team. That is silliness. But go ahead and roll your purple eyes at me all you want :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: . TT and MM and the rest of the Packer staff need to be chasing perfection. Its us fans who are supposed to enjoy. If you won't enjoy the Packers unless they are perfect, you are in for a lifetime of disappointment.

I think you need to take a deep breath. Wrong interpretation. Glad you agree though that we should be chasing perfection as was my point. Finally I suggest you use that ignore feature since you are having so many problems not only with my posts but others. Have a good day. :)

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We had a poor game plan. We didn't have all our personnel. A way to shut down a running QB is to have fast athletic LBs and DL. You don't think Worthy and Perry are suited very well to shut down a running QB? What about ILBs Smith and Bishop? Don't you think aggressive and able to cover lots of ground would have helped?

There is no way to assume any of that. My entire point in this completely dumb thread is that the defense is totally unproven. Too unproven to call them "under-rated". Perry played four games. Nobody knows if he would have contained Kapernick. Smith hasn't played a full season and has less than 100 tackles in his career. Bishop has been injured the past two seasons and Worthy might not play the first half of the season. The defense has too many question marks to be labeled "under-rated".

And my quote about "you're only as good as your last game" was meant only in response to the comment that "people are only remembering the defense's horrible play at the end of the year" post.

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I always had a problem with the thread title. Is it underated based on last year or are we talking about 2013. I tried to address last year in my posts but the thread has seemed to be discussed in terms of 2013 for some. And to that I will say once again (see post # 34 by me ) we have no idea how our defense will play in the upcoming season!!!!!! Is that being negative?

Vltrophy

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't mind having an underrated D. People won't expect as much until we punch them in the mouth in a manner of speaking

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There is no way to assume any of that. My entire point in this completely dumb thread is that the defense is totally unproven. Too unproven to call them "under-rated". Perry played four games. Nobody knows if he would have contained Kapernick. Smith hasn't played a full season and has less than 100 tackles in his career. Bishop has been injured the past two seasons and Worthy might not play the first half of the season. The defense has too many question marks to be labeled "under-rated".

And my quote about "you're only as good as your last game" was meant only in response to the comment that "people are only remembering the defense's horrible play at the end of the year" post.
Perhaps - 'Reasons to be optimistic for the Packer Defense' would have been better. But I'm not sure that there aren't a few people who consider the Packers one of the worst defenses in the NFL and thus they are under-rated.

Vltrophy

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
We really really need to get a guy about Gilbert Browns size who knows how to play some kick *** D

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
I got crumbs in places I've only ever had sand before. Totally ruined the entire experience for me, couldn't enjoy myself.

OP
OP
Aaron rodgers is god
Reaction score
Perhaps - 'Reasons to be optimistic for the Packer Defense' would have been better. But I'm not sure that there aren't a few people who consider the Packers one of the worst defenses in the NFL and thus they are under-rated.
I don't think many people outside of packer land thinks we have a very good defense either. Their perception of our defense is like most people in this thread. The last 2 games when they were televised.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I got crumbs in places I've only ever had sand before. Totally ruined the entire experience for me, couldn't enjoy myself.
Oh, you shouldn't have given up so quickly on her. The next morning, she took me anyway, to a nude beach with lots of seagulls. Crumbs not a problem for long.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts