Packers Have “Some” Interest In Bringing Adrian Peterson In For Visit, Likely To Wait Until After Dr

Status
Not open for further replies.

GreenBaySlacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No, I don't remember the crap you took last summer. I do recall being quite surprised the Packers did not draft a safety though, and then waited quite a while before grafting a few UDFAs onto the roster like an afterthought.
Two yrs ago when we drafted Randall. Collins went #33 overall. I was wanting him or the big dt that new england got at #30 right after the us.

GreenBaySlacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Theres also like 6 articles about Peterson working out with Jamis Winston today... kinda seems like Peterson wanted to play in GB. But he seems to be moving on.....

I still hold out hope. A rookie might be great. He might also turn out like every other rookie rb we have ever had (besides lacy)... a project... I don't want a project. I want a proven warrior who plugs in and brings something to the table.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Theres also like 6 articles about Peterson working out with Jamis Winston today... kinda seems like Peterson wanted to play in GB. But he seems to be moving on.....

I still hold out hope. A rookie might be great. He might also turn out like every other rookie rb we have ever had (besides lacy)... a project... I don't want a project. I want a proven warrior who plugs in and brings something to the table.

Kinda seems like you wanted Peterson to play in GB more than Peterson has been reported to want to play in GB. ;)

GreenBaySlacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Kinda seems like you wanted Peterson to play in GB more than Peterson has been reported to want to play in GB. ;)
I felt that when GB didn't ask him to come in, that led to his defensive sounding tweets... since then he is quoted saying there's no hurry. And now he is approaching the bucs...

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
I felt that when GB didn't ask him to come in, that led to his defensive sounding tweets... since then he is quoted saying there's no hurry. And now he is approaching the bucs...

I see AP wanting to go where he gets the most money AND a shot at a ring....keep an eye on the Giants.

Packer Fan in SD

Cheesehead
Reaction score
AP will be happy to find a team that wants an over aged rb with no upside. As long as they will pay him.

GreenBaySlacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
AP will be happy to find a team that wants an over aged rb with no upside. As long as they will pay him.
Well just like lacy leaving " for a fresh start". Peterson didn't get the respect he deserved. Lacy surely seen the fans turn on him rather than support him. And Peterson did too...
People need to realize that you do not get dedication, 110% effort, and good mojo when all you do is speculate the worst, and harass.
GB fans have Basicly shunned two of the best rbs in the league this spring. It doesn't make sense to me. Like we are determined to enter 2017 without a proven rb...

D

Deleted member 6794

Well just like lacy leaving " for a fresh start". Peterson didn't get the respect he deserved. Lacy surely seen the fans turn on him rather than support him. And Peterson did too...
People need to realize that you do not get dedication, 110% effort, and good mojo when all you do is speculate the worst, and harass.
GB fans have Basicly shunned two of the best rbs in the league this spring. It doesn't make sense to me. Like we are determined to enter 2017 without a proven rb...

Once again I'm sorry to break something to you but NFL players don't care about the opinions of fans. I guarantee none of them has ever read a single post on this forum.

GreenBaySlacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Once again I'm sorry to break something to you but NFL players don't care about the opinions of fans. I guarantee none of them has ever read a single post on this forum.
But they read the articles that the writers here put out... you act like lacy didn't know he was being picked on... or that Peterson didn't know there was bad energy instead of good when considering GB... they may not read this forum. But they aren't ignorant.

D

Deleted member 6794

But they read the articles that the writers here put out... you act like lacy didn't know he was being picked on...

Lacy has no one else than himself to blame for it though. It's not surprising he was criticized for not being able to stay in shape.

GreenBaySlacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lacy has no one else than himself to blame for it though. It's not surprising he was criticized for not being able to stay in shape.
There's something to be said about loyalty. Just as you demand he stays loyal to the team. That, imo is a two way street. Being surrounded by negativity is a drain on everything. Can't expect success when there isn't mutual respect. Imo.

D

Deleted member 6794

There's something to be said about loyalty. Just as you demand he stays loyal to the team. That, imo is a two way street. Being surrounded by negativity is a drain on everything. Can't expect success when there isn't mutual respect. Imo.

Lacy being a professional football player requires him to stay in shape. There's no reason to be loyal to him if he isn't able to achieve that in the long haul.

GreenBaySlacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lacy being a professional football player requires him to stay in shape. There's no reason to be loyal to him if he isn't able to achieve that in the long haul.
I have no problem with Lacy's weight and conditioning. And I feel that until a person has been asked to do what lacy was asked to do. Namely get the hard yard behind a lean line... they hadn't earned the right to judge...

My instinct says lacy was involved in something that messed up the packers mojo week six 2015. The bye week where we came in maybe the hottest team in the NFL, and came out flat... like there was internal conflict that was not reported... the negativity started around then...

Then the fact the offense seemed to break out and get their mojo back when lacy went down week 5 2016.... that justified the move to not resign him, when logic says you definitely resign your young work horse rb...

Just a hunch there is more to this resolve with lacy, than what the public knows.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
of course Lacy was involved. He was breaking curfew, sitting at a bar, missing/late to meetings, and was larger than most OLB's in the league, out of shape and winded and out of the lineup after 3 rushing plays. You bet your *** there was internal conflict as there should have been.

lacy has all the talent in the world, but that doesn't make you successful. It's still dedication, focus, and hard work. His talent would result in a few nice runs, and what did that sustain our offense? nothing. You know who does? Rodgers and the rest of the crew and their tireless quest to get better and work, work, work.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
I have no problem with Lacy's weight and conditioning. And I feel that until a person has been asked to do what lacy was asked to do. Namely get the hard yard behind a lean line... they hadn't earned the right to judge...

My instinct says lacy was involved in something that messed up the packers mojo week six 2015. The bye week where we came in maybe the hottest team in the NFL, and came out flat... like there was internal conflict that was not reported... the negativity started around then...

Then the fact the offense seemed to break out and get their mojo back when lacy went down week 5 2016.... that justified the move to not resign him, when logic says you definitely resign your young work horse rb...

Just a hunch there is more to this resolve with lacy, than what the public knows.
Lacy was a flat, lazy slob the last 2 years of his tenure in Green Bay.

I have no sympathy for a player who has the God given talent to play in the National Football League and either does absolutely nothing with it, or takes it completely for granted.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
I would take that bet with you very quickly.

You might be surprised.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online