Packers Have “Some” Interest In Bringing Adrian Peterson In For Visit, Likely To Wait Until After Dr

Status
Not open for further replies.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
Lacy being a professional football player requires him to stay in shape. There's no reason to be loyal to him if he isn't able to achieve that in the long haul.
I wholeheartedly agree with this. I expect professionals to behave in a professional manner. Lacy, like Raji and Pickett before him were very unprofessional imo.

RRyder

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There's something to be said about loyalty. Just as you demand he stays loyal to the team. That, imo is a two way street. Being surrounded by negativity is a drain on everything. Can't expect success when there isn't mutual respect. Imo.

A RB that weighs in heavier than Nick Perry WHILE he's going around trying to get a new deal doesnt deserve any respect.

It's truly laughable that he got so big even while looking for a new deal

GreenBaySlacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wholeheartedly agree with this. I expect professionals to behave in a professional manner. Lacy, like Raji and Pickett before him were very unprofessional imo.
I said it a long time ago. Seattle is going to steal him and turn him into beast mode. The premonition is half way ... now watch.

I love Montgomery at rb. He is Marshall faulkesque if he could only stay healthy.
I'm all for it if speed is the direction we are going at rb. But that is a huge risky unknown coming into the season with Monty, a rookie scat back, and rip....imo

D

Deleted member 6794

I love Montgomery at rb. He is Marshall faulkesque if he could only stay healthy.
I'm all for it if speed is the direction we are going at rb. But that is a huge risky unknown coming into the season with Monty, a rookie scat back, and rip....imo

One thing to consider when evaluating the Packers running backs is that the offensive line made it extremely tough for them averaging the lowest yards before contact of any team in the league at only 0.93.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
One thing to consider when evaluating the Packers running backs is that the offensive line made it extremely tough for them averaging the lowest yards before contact of any team in the league at only 0.93.
My thoughts exactly. Barry Sanders would look mundane behind this OL. They're chosen to pass protect, not run block. A good reason they can't run for it on 3rd and 1 or 4th and inches.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
I know for a fact a TE from the Packers trolled forums lol
That is too funny! Now I've got to go back and make note of all the TE's we've had.

Wanna tell us a general timeframe for this troller?

D

Deleted member 6794

Peterson has a visit scheduled with the Patriots tomorrow.

GreenBaySlacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yep... I knew they would snag him.... most likely for what we wanted him for...

What do you think would work best with our line? Power? Or speed?

I've always been a Michael Turner, Steven Jackson, Eddie Lacy type rb fan... but with this oline, maybe a speedster would net more yards?

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I said it a long time ago. Seattle is going to steal him and turn him into beast mode. The premonition is half way ... now watch.

I'm beginning to understand your devotion to AP now that you have placed Ty Montgomery in the same sentence with Marshall Faulk.

GreenBaySlacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm beginning to understand your devotion to AP now that you have placed Ty Montgomery in the same sentence with Marshall Faulk.
Montgomery has a 5.9 yard per carry average for his career... and he was a actual wr before he was a rb. Not just a rb who catches like a wr...smart too....

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
If it's true I guess it was Tom Crabtree, kind of fits his personality.
Forgot all about him. Most famous for the fake field goal TD from 26 yards away against the Bears. The gutsiest call I've ever seen from a head coach. TD or turnover. I liked Crabby.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score

Good move on BB and the Patriots part to announce this and not do it secretly. If they want Blount back and he passed on their offer, he may come back sooner and for less if he thinks the Patriots are looking at Peterson or another back.

D

Deleted member 6794

What do you think would work best with our line? Power? Or speed?

I've always been a Michael Turner, Steven Jackson, Eddie Lacy type rb fan... but with this oline, maybe a speedster would net more yards?

The Packers need a running back capable of creating his own yards as the offensive line struggles to open holes. Therefore I prefer the team to feature a big player at the position who is dedicated to stay in shape though.

Montgomery has a 5.9 yard per carry average for his career... and he was a actual wr before he was a rb. Not just a rb who catches like a wr...smart too....

Montgomery has only carried the ball a total of 80 times which presents an extremely small sample size. In addition most of his successful runs have occurred against light boxes.

GreenBaySlacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Packers need a running back capable of creating his own yards as the offensive line struggles to open holes. Therefore I prefer the team to feature a big player at the position who is dedicated to stay in shape though.

Montgomery has only carried the ball a total of 80 times which presents an extremely small sample size. In addition most of his successful runs have occurred against light boxes.
The small sample size is Marshall faulkesque though. Lol.

I do think he has the same type of skill set as faulk. Just needs to lose some weight so he doesn't twist his ankles anymore.....:)

D

Deleted member 6794

The small sample size is Marshall faulkesque though. Lol.

I do think he has the same type of skill set as faulk. Just needs to lose some weight so he doesn't twist his ankles anymore.....:)

I don't think it would be smart for Montgomery to lose some weight. He's not as talented as Faulk by any means though.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.