• Thread starter Deleted member 6794
  • Start date

Ace

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
who is then? the gremlins in the lockers..... Hmm....who? players themselves not taking the warm ups and conditioning seriously..maybe...who the hell knows at this point. I'm tired of these injuries, other teams don't suffer even 10% of the issues WE do, so it is obviously something in GB.

Ace

Cheesehead
Reaction score
who is then? the gremlins in the lockers..... Hmm....who? players themselves not taking the warm ups and conditioning seriously..maybe...who the hell knows at this point. I'm tired of these injuries, other teams don't suffer even 10% of the issues WE do, so it is obviously something in GB.

That's the million dollar question. Injuries are a part of the game but it doesn seem as though the Packers do suffer more than the average team. I'm sure if they knew the answer they'd get it corrected

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
can you imagine how many injuries we would have each season without our top notch trainers/medical staff? Scary.

OCBP

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That's the million dollar question. Injuries are a part of the game but it doesn seem as though the Packers do suffer more than the average team. I'm sure if they knew the answer they'd get it corrected
Maybe the player personnel decisions are flawed? Injuries happen--That's why I factor them into overall performance at lower level than most.

When players get hurt, next in line has to step up. Can you say Boykin?

If you have a bunch of rookies or undrafted players waiting in the wings--draft and develop--it's likely you have a major let down. GB QB, LB, DL secondary situations last year?

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
Maybe the player personnel decisions are flawed? Injuries happen--That's why I factor them into overall performance at lower level than most.

When players get hurt, next in line has to step up. Can you say Boykin?

If you have a bunch of rookies or undrafted players waiting in the wings--draft and develop--it's likely you have a major let down. GB QB, LB, DL secondary situations last year?

Mybe, maybe not..... QB was poor decision making because they should have never let flynn go in the first place. It back fired in their faces when their picks couldnt pan out and then they tried to hire off the street a has been/never will be in wallace. LB is also poor decision making: paying the lame duck brad jones a ton of cash to do what? underperform, yes indeed....ride the injury pine bench, yes indeed. DL was not however, we just didnt have enough proven depth on top of injury.

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Mybe, maybe not..... QB was poor decision making because they should have never let flynn go in the first place. It back fired in their faces when their picks couldnt pan out and then they tried to hire off the street a has been/never will be in wallace. LB is also poor decision making: paying the lame duck brad jones a ton of cash to do what? underperform, yes indeed....ride the injury pine bench, yes indeed. DL was not however, we just didnt have enough proven depth on top of injury.

Paying Flynn about 20 million to stay a backup was not an option.

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
How much did he want and for how long? Was letting a proven back up go worth it this year, seeing all the garbage we went through before finally getting him back where he belonged? I think that if he was there from the point of Arods injury, we would not have lost that Bears game 27 - 20 was it? and we would have won about 3 more games is a good estimation....putting us at 11 or 12 wins even with an injured Arod. I think now flynn knows his place seeing that he got beat out in seattle, oakland, and buffalo. He was a product of a GB system and that is where he happens to fit. Unless someone else steps up and PROVES to be a solid back up, I say he needs to stay.

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just looking at three of the biggest injuries last season with Cobb, Matthews, and Rodgers' broken bones. Those were not preventable.

All three are young and healthy people who have worked out their entire lives. Without some unknown underlying disease, there's no way any of these three have compromised bone density that could have lead to these injuries.

As far as the soft tissue injuries, a case can be argued someone in GB isn't doing something right.

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How much did he want and for how long? Was letting a proven back up go worth it this year, seeing all the garbage we went through before finally getting him back where he belonged? I think that if he was there from the point of Arods injury, we would not have lost that Bears game 27 - 20 was it? and we would have won about 3 more games is a good estimation....putting us at 11 or 12 wins even with an injured Arod. I think now flynn knows his place seeing that he got beat out in seattle, oakland, and buffalo. He was a product of a GB system and that is where he happens to fit. Unless someone else steps up and PROVES to be a solid back up, I say he needs to stay.

Flynn was cut by the Bills the same day as this game. Probably would have been tough to get him for it.

I do agree that Flynn should be kept though.

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I understand that, what I was saying is that he should have been kept all along. Hindsight is a **** indeed.

Can't spend 20.5 million on a backup and Flynn probably didn't want to stay when he had a starting shot somewhere else.

It was not an option to keep him in the first place.

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
at that price, you are correct..... i might have at least tried to see what he was willing to do after being cut by seattle or oakland.

but how long was that price for? 5 - 6 years? that would be worth while imo..... seeing as we have not been able to find the cure for the GB injury bug. I don't know the price or the length that was wanted..... I'm just saying, ya get what ya pay for and at the QB position, a solid back up does not hurt. So when ya get one, keep him around. who we had at back up was nothing but pure shot in the dark guys and who we tried to make work from off the streets was an absolute joke. After Arod went down, our QB situation was a laughing stock.

Ace

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Can't spend 20.5 million on a backup and Flynn probably didn't want to stay when he had a starting shot somewhere else.

It was not an option to keep him in the first place.

I had somone tell me about a week ago that Flynn could and should ask for $5 million per to stay here. I said if Flynn came to me with those kind of $ demands I'd tell him to go ---- himself. Pardon my french

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I had somone tell me about a week ago that Flynn could and should ask for $5 million per to stay here. I said if Flynn came to me with those kind of $ demands I'd tell him to go ---- himself. Pardon my french

Agreed. He certainly could ask, but he just as certainly wouldn't get it.

Unless you're Jerry Jones and don't know how to manage a salary cap, back up QB is not a highly paid position.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If you sign a bunch of mediocre FAs with no likelihood in developing into stars, you take away roster spots from young players who may develop into stars. Decreasing your teams chance at anything beyond mediocrity.

Ace

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If you sign a bunch of mediocre FAs with no likelihood in developing into stars, you take away roster spots from young players who may develop into stars. Decreasing your teams chance at anything beyond mediocrity.

See Washington/Dallas

grignon

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm really looking forward to the most valuable 2nd vice executive assistant to the recording secretary award this year. My cousin's neighbor's butcher's daughter was nominated.
When is that , anyway?

OCBP

Cheesehead
Reaction score
See Washington/Dallas
And what does Mr. Thompson do? He signs unrestricted free agents on a crap shoot basis? No one said to sign mediocre FA's. No one said sign hyped FA's. No one said Washington/Dallas. What I will say is New England, Seattle, etc. The Packer's had no depth last year. Geez you guys jump to conclusions.

How about two players--A reasonable safety and a proven LB to take the constant double team away from Matthews?

The other option is to draft better. TT can chose. However, his draft and develop strategy did not provide the results over the two years on the defensive side of the football.

Members online

Latest posts