Packers east coast following

D

Dan115

Wrong thread! Not as many people may see it here. Why start a thread for it in the Packers Fan Forum thread. More will see it that way. :)

When I lived in Florida, there was a very few amount of Packer stuff I seen, again, very few, mostly dominated was Tampa Bay gear, some Dolphins stuff, some Saints, but still...ZERO Jacksonville and that was the team closest to me in Florida, absoultely no one around Pensacola liked the Jaguars back in the early 2000's and I doubt they do today. They are closer to that city than the Buccaneers are, and still I seen more Tampa Bay gear than Jacksonville.

Because we were discussing Packer stuff ---gear. Go ahead and open a new thread on it.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
When I lived in Florida, there was a very few amount of Packer stuff I seen, again, very few, mostly dominated was Tampa Bay gear, some Dolphins stuff, some Saints, but still...ZERO Jacksonville and that was the team closest to me in Florida, absoultely no one around Pensacola liked the Jaguars back in the early 2000's and I doubt they do today. They are closer to that city than the Buccaneers are, and still I seen more Tampa Bay gear than Jacksonville.

Because we were discussing Packer stuff ---gear. Go ahead and open a new thread on it.

I lived in Florida for 3 years when my parents got sick of Philly/ NJ and moved down there. They live about 30 miles west of Daytona. In Florida I guess you have a lot of transplants from all over the country, people who just come down to avoid the winters in the north and tourists. I used to see all sorts of different gear, but now that you mention it, I didn't see much Jacksonville gear. Granted we were south of there, but I did see a lot of TB and Miami gear. It is interesting. But when you think about it, Florida is a big melting pot. A lot of those TB fans you saw in Jacksonville are probably not natives or they were TB fans before the Jaguars came to Jacksonville as an expansion team, so they preceded them.

SanDiegoCheese

West Coast Cheesehead
Reaction score
I lived in Florida for 3 years when my parents got sick of Philly/ NJ and moved down there. They live about 30 miles west of Daytona. In Florida I guess you have a lot of transplants from all over the country, people who just come down to avoid the winters in the north and tourists. I used to see all sorts of different gear, but now that you mention it, I didn't see much Jacksonville gear. Granted we were south of there, but I did see a lot of TB and Miami gear. It is interesting. But when you think about it, Florida is a big melting pot. A lot of those TB fans you saw in Jacksonville are probably not natives or they were TB fans before the Jaguars came to Jacksonville as an expansion team, so they preceded them.

This is true for San Diego (another transplant city) as well. I know alot of people have "adopted" the bolts as their team when they moved out West.

D

Dan115

IN 2003 I stopped at the main gate of one the military instalations in Florida. I was wearing my Packer hat and the guard at the gate said he was counting the sports gear people were wearing that day-- and the Packer gear was way ahead. No surprise to me.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
IN 2003 I stopped at the main gate of one the military instalations in Florida. I was wearing my Packer hat and the guard at the gate said he was counting the sports gear people were wearing that day-- and the Packer gear was way ahead. No surprise to me.

A lot of Packers fans live in the Philly area too. But you don't see them as much because Philly fans are known to be unfriendly. They have gotten better over the years but I would still be very careful where you wear your gear and who you are with. At least in Florida people didn't bat an eyelash if I was walking around in Packers gear, but if I do it in Philly, I have a better chance of somebody beating me with a bat.

D

Dan115

A lot of Packers fans live in the Philly area too. But you don't see them as much because Philly fans are known to be unfriendly. They have gotten better over the years but I would still be very careful where you wear your gear and who you are with. At least in Florida people didn't bat an eyelash if I was walking around in Packers gear, but if I do it in Philly, I have a better chance of somebody beating me with a bat.

2001 I was in Vegas with my family(son Bart Taylor) I noticed a lot of people wearing Packer gear. My son and daughter started to keep track of which sports team had the most. College,NBA,MLB,NFL--- Packers had the most by far at the end of the day.

SanDiegoCheese

West Coast Cheesehead
Reaction score

Sad, but VERY true. :tdown:

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I live in Northern VA. What is the name of the bar in Annandale?

I go to a place called Fast Eddie's in Springfield. While it is not specifically a Packer Bar, they will put the game on for me.
I used to go to Mr. Days when I lived in Northern VA. I've heard there's a Packers Bar in Fairfax.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts