1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Packers east coast following

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by BearDroppings, Nov 26, 2011.

1. BearDroppings

BearDroppings Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +40
    Here's a question I gotta ask. How big is the Packers East Coast Following??? I know we have a huge fan base across the Midwest, West Coast, South, and across the world as well. Here's what I want to know, and understand fully. Do we have a large East Coast fanbase in cities that have football teams? I rarely see any Packers fans in Maryland ever, and I've gone up to PA, NJ, and NYC and see countless amounts of Pack fans that weren't from Wisconsin. Is it because they have the connection with certain players or Lombardi for that matter??

2. Kitten

Kitten Feline Cheesehead Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,442
    Packer fan hailing from Philly/ south Jersey. We are here dude! You may not see us, but we exist! A bunch of people from this forum itself are from the north east or east region and we represent with pride! Look at the last two Falcons games in Atlanta! Packers are everywhere! We're EVERYWHERE!

• Like Like x 2
  3. greenandgold

greenandgold I'm Dirty Hairy Callahan

Ratings:
    +473
    Well, I was stationed in Maine in the 70s, all there were was Patriots fans. (Remember Steve Grogan?) Then in the early 80's I was in Jacksonville, nothing there. But when I got out of the Navy, went to Washington DC. Found a crazy butt Packers bar in Georgetown. Then a new bar opened in Annadale, VA, and a bunch of us talked the owner into making IT a Packers bar.

4. UCSB616

UCSB616 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +14
    I live in Maryland. Not from this dump, but I'm here until June!

5. 13 Times Champs

13 Times Champs Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,379
    Lot's of Packer fans in the Northern Virginia area. Some are transplanted Wisconsinites, some are not. I see a lot of Packer jerseys, etc., around here.

6. Powarun

Powarun Big Bay Blues fan

Ratings:
    +420
    I saw a few in Hawaii, but I saw more jerseys from other teams than anywhere else I've been. I'm not to worried about having the Packers dominate the East Coast, they live differently over there.

7. Bogart

Bogart Duke Mantee

Ratings:
    +871
    When I lived in Florida, there was a very few amount of Packer stuff I seen, again, very few, mostly dominated was Tampa Bay gear, some Dolphins stuff, some Saints, but still...ZERO Jacksonville and that was the team closest to me in Florida, absoultely no one around Pensacola liked the Jaguars back in the early 2000's and I doubt they do today. They are closer to that city than the Buccaneers are, and still I seen more Tampa Bay gear than Jacksonville.

8. PackersFan28

PackersFan28 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +5
    I'm a Green Bay fan living in Virginia.

9. SyX

SyX Stranger in a strange land

Ratings:
    +90
    We've got a pretty decent group of Packers fans where we live (about half an hour north of Baltimore). I think the fan base is growing here as well, talked to a lot of Ravens fans who would pull for Green Bay if the Ravens were out of contention.

10. greenandgold

Ratings:
    +473
    That was me. 1982-1995 in Falls Church.

11. Bensalama21

Bensalama21 Ben

Ratings:
    +609
    There's a good amount of Packers fans in North Carolina... I see more people sporting Packers gear over panthers gear except on gameday's and I'm 15 minutes away from the stadium...

12. CarolinaPackerFan

CarolinaPackerFan Packers fan in Panthers country

Ratings:
    +52
    I live near Hickory, NC and I know several Packer fans. Most of the Panthers fans around here seem to have a crush on the Pack. Can't say I blame them, haha.

13. Bensalama21

Bensalama21 Ben

Ratings:
    +609
    Exactly! I mean who can really hate the Packers? I'm sure Ditka is even a secret Packers fan... He seems to pick them every week in the pick'em competition. It's just common sense.

14. Croak

Croak Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,973
    Ron Wolf was from New Freedom, PA. Just over the line from MD. McCarthy is from Pittsburgh. Kuhn is from near York, PA about 30 min north of MD. Quarless played for Penn State. There are a lot of Packer connections with PA. Then Lombardi is one of New York's most famous football sons. The North East has some pretty strong ties to the Pack.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Hype

Hype Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +35
    theres quite a few of us here in Jersey

• Like Like x 1
  16. realcaliforniacheese

realcaliforniacheese A-Rods Boss

Ratings:
    +966
    Hmmmmm....... Maybe you guys should have a TailGate. :cool:

• Like Like x 1
  17. Croak

Croak Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,973
    My friend on WNST sports radio in Baltimore told me he won't believe someone can beat the Packers until someone actually does it. So he picks them every week.

18. armand34

armand34 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +297
    From NJ, going to giants game this week! Can't wait!

sent from my rooted evo4g

19. Bensalama21

Bensalama21 Ben

Ratings:
    +609
    The only way the Packers are going to lose a game is if they beat themselves. As long as we don't have any turnovers deep in our territory we shouldn't lose.

20. Dan115

Dan115 Guest

Ratings:
    +0

I live near Pensacola--- Packer fans all over the place. Packer shirts at church- Packer Flags outside homes- hats,shirts all over.

• Like Like x 1
  21. skibum55

skibum55 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +7
    I live in Northern VA. What is the name of the bar in Annandale?

I go to a place called Fast Eddie's in Springfield. While it is not specifically a Packer Bar, they will put the game on for me.

22. greenandgold

Ratings:
    +473
    Dude, the bunch of us that started that bar up as a Packers bar have all left now. Whether it is still going as one (Or even still there) I cannot say. It was called Little Italy.

23. Dan115

Dan115 Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    One day only! 20% off Men's and Ladies' Long and Short Sleeve Tees and Drinkware On Packers.com Packers PRO Shop 20% off today.

24. Kitten

Kitten Feline Cheesehead Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,442
    Why is this posted in this thread? Just curious. Beware of the forum's policy on posting spam.

25. Dan115

Dan115 Guest

Ratings:
    +0

NOT spam good deal for Packer Fans today. 20% off today only. I just ordered a Packers Shirt.