Packers biggest off season mistake?

H

HardRightEdge

Agreed. I hope they don't keep garbage CB's on the 53 just to keep them.

I saw some things to like in several of the young DBs last night. There's always 8 guys on the roster who don't suit up for the games. These guys are kept either out of commitment to a draft assessment or perceived potential.

Last edited by a moderator:
H

HardRightEdge

C for D -

No, we're not.

What we do sometimes is delete part of the quoted post and in the process misplace the closing quote characters.

What we also do is review the post after posting and make corrections and add second thoughts.

That's what we do.

What we also seem to have done in your case is construct a post to which no quoted replay is possible.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
C for D -

No, we're not.

What we do sometimes is delete part of the quoted post and in the process misplace the closing quote characters.

What we also do is review the post after posting and make corrections and add second thoughts.

That's what we do.

proof reading is for ****
ies!

VegasPacker

Cheeseman of the Board
Reaction score
Not drafting TJ Watt in the 1st round....

I literally screamed at the TV in front of everyone at my draft party when they traded out of the 1st round and TJ Watt went to the Squealers right after (of all teams it had to be Shittsburgh!)

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Letting both Lang and Tretter go was a huge mistake. There is no depth at center and guard. Any injuries and the offense won't score enough points to bail out the defense. Protecting #12 should be the biggest priority every season.

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Tonight was Janis's last TD catch as a Packer. Clearly he is not in the race for a WR spot, unless injuries put him back in. Too many better options for a kick returner. If he makes the team, he has to be ultra special at gunner.

I dont agree about janis i think he still makes the team. I do agree they should let trevor davis get a shot at returning kickoffs. As far as i know he was a way more accomplished kick returner than punt returner coming out of cal. But i think janis stays as the teams top gunner yes, but also as a gimmick type wr. Hell get a few touches on reverses and shot type plays and probably make a few big plays in big spots on those touches.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
Letting both Lang and Tretter go was a huge mistake. There is no depth at center and guard. Any injuries and the offense won't score enough points to bail out the defense. Protecting #12 should be the biggest priority every season.
I understand letting both go. I think Thompson felt that the two of them could be replaced by cheaper alternatives. The fact that Evans contract is significantly smaller than even Tretter's seems to bear this out. Evans gives the younger players more time to develop as backups. Hopefully Barclays injury isn't serious. He's a guy that allows the team to carry one less offensive lineman on the roster which is very valuable to roster construction.

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I dont agree about janis i think he still makes the team. I do agree they should let trevor davis get a shot at returning kickoffs. As far as i know he was a way more accomplished kick returner than punt returner coming out of cal. But i think janis stays as the teams top gunner yes, but also as a gimmick type wr. Hell get a few touches on reverses and shot type plays and probably make a few big plays in big spots on those touches.

The issue for Janis is those reverse and shot plays are something that Davis could easily do also. Janis might have a hard time making it.

GreenBaySlacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well mcaffrey put him on the bubble that's for sure.
And don't under estimate the 6'6" 217 pound basket ball player, turned wr. Michael Clark. Rodgers undoubtedly likes him. And as long as he keeps making the plays, and Rodgers is jumping around all excited on the sidelines during preseason games. Then you had better save a spot on the 53 for him... same goes for mccaffery. Allison and Janis need to be on their game if they want to stick around. GB will keep 7 wrs this year I am almost sure of that.

GreenBaySlacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I literally screamed at the TV in front of everyone at my draft party when they traded out of the 1st round and TJ Watt went to the Squealers right after (of all teams it had to be Shittsburgh!)
But Kevin king is going to be a stud at cb... and we snagged biegel in the 4th. Nobody talking about him because he hasn't played. But word was that he carried his own, which contributed to watts success.

I'm a huge Kevin king optimist. This guy has star written all over him. And he brings the boom.

UpDownEndAround

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And don't under estimate the 6'6" 217 pound basket ball player, turned wr. Michael Clark. Rodgers undoubtedly likes him. And as long as he keeps making the plays, and Rodgers is jumping around all excited on the sidelines during preseason games. Then you had better save a spot on the 53 for him... same goes for mccaffery. Allison and Janis need to be on their game if they want to stick around. GB will keep 7 wrs this year I am almost sure of that.

Allison isn't going anywhere unless they have big concerns about him off the field.

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score

After we passed on Watt, the whole state of Wisconsin had the biggest internet freak out I've eve seen.

If he was the exact same player, but named John Smith from USC or whenever else, nobody would have cared though.

OP
OP
rodell330

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A cover corner was a little more important than a pass rusher. Our corners were terrible. I like Watt but We needed to sure up that sorry secondary.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
After we passed on Watt, the whole state of Wisconsin had the biggest internet freak out I've eve seen.
If he was the exact same player, but named John Smith from USC or whenever else, nobody would have cared though.
I watched first few series of the Pitt - NYG preseason game the other night. Watt had a sack on each of the first two series. And they weren't coverage sacks. He just whipped the LT.

Patriotplayer90

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I watched first few series of the Pitt - NYG preseason game the other night. Watt had a sack on each of the first two series. And they weren't coverage sacks. He just whipped the LT.
That's crap and you know it. The QB basically ran right into him because of the pressure from elsewhere on the first, and he wasn't even blocked on the other one.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I disagree on the whipping the OT on either of his sacks.

The first sack the other side of the defense collapsed the pocket and he fled past TJ. He did well, however, to dissengage and tackle.

The second sack the OT did not block him but pulled on a naked bootleg. Great play by TJ not to fall for the fake, but he did not beat anyone.

I was a big advocate of drafting watt, hope King does as well.

Last edited:

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
In case you wanted to see the TJ Watts Sacks, here they are. GREAT plays by TJ? Probably not, but solid, especially for a rookie. That last sack was vintage TJ from his days as a Badger, he doesn't over react to the fake handoff, bears down on a QB wraps him up and takes him down. Maybe Clay can get some pointers? :coffee:

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Members online

Latest posts