Packer's Better Not......

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
One of my favorite stories out of this winter Olympics is Ester Ledecka. The Women's Super G was basically over, all the top skiers had completed their runs and the medals were already determined in everyone's minds. Ledecka, who was known mainly as a snowboarder, racing on borrowed ski's ended up shocking everyone by having the run of her life and winning the gold medal.
I know this is getting off topic, but I don't think anyone was shocked more than herself. I loved the look on her face when she got to the bottom of the hill and saw her score. Like she couldn't believe what she was seeing, and was trying to figure out if someone had made a mistake, or if she was somehow misinterpreting what she was seeing.

As far as the Packers go, obviously they were overdue for some changes. If a little failure facilitated that, so be it. Sometimes you can learn more from failure than success. What seemed like a disappointing season after Rodgers went down ended up being kind of exciting because of the changes made.

Reaction score
I was one of those persons, who when it became obvious that the wheels had fallen off, publicly stated something like "as much as I don't want the Packers to lose, it might not be a bad thing to invoke changes and improve draft position". It might not be considered PC to say things like that and you never want your team to just throw in the towel or have to cheer for them to lose, but a lost season is a lost season and if good things come out of it......I didn't mind some of those lost games.
Initially I wanted to win even when our playoff chances diminished. For me once we were officially knocked out of playoff contention.. it didn’t bother me nearly as much to lose and I honestly started comparing draft positions.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Initially I wanted to win even when our playoff chances diminished. For me once we were officially knocked out of playoff contention.. it didn’t bother me nearly as much to lose and I honestly started comparing draft positions.
Slipped into that 70s/80s mindset of the gory years?

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts