Packers, 'Americas Team'

dbain21

Chicagoland Packer Fan
Reaction score
Good article/debate on ESPN.com. Basically it ask who is americas team between The Packers, Steelers, and Cowboys.

I've always said that we should be 'Americas team' cause there's nothing more American than the way we as packers fans root for our team, and the way the organization is run. Heres the link to the Pro Packer Argument

Super Bowl XLV: Why Green Bay Packers are 'America's Team' - ESPN

So why do you think we should be Americas team?

BadKarma

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Here's the other one:
Super Bowl XLV: Pittsburgh Steelers are America's real team - ESPN

Ever had a Cowboys fan puff out his chest and tell you he was a fan of "America's Team"?
I have.
I friggen laughed. Rolled my eyes and said "Sure you are.Nice chatting with you."
It's damn hard trying to have a civil conversation and talk tackle football with someone when you are doubled over laughing.
America's Team...Bwaaaa!

There are 32 Teams in the NFL covering the whole of the United States.
To claim such a name with nothing to back it up is is empty rhetoric.

I'll stick to the Pittsburgh Steelers.
Packers should stick with Green Bay Packers.
Both those names mean more then any made up moniker.

OP
OP
dbain21

dbain21

Chicagoland Packer Fan
Reaction score
Here's the other one:
Super Bowl XLV: Pittsburgh Steelers are America's real team - ESPN

Ever had a Cowboys fan puff out his chest and tell you he was a fan of "America's Team"?
I have.
I friggen laughed. Rolled my eyes and said "Sure you are.Nice chatting with you."
It's damn hard trying to have a civil conversation and talk tackle football with someone when you are doubled over laughing.
America's Team...Bwaaaa!

There are 32 Teams in the NFL covering the whole of the United States.
To claim such a name with nothing to back it up is is empty rhetoric.

I'll stick to the Pittsburgh Steelers.
Packers should stick with Green Bay Packers.
Both those names mean more then any made up moniker.

haha, no ive never had that happen but i'd probably laugh at them too. Ya I agree I dont feel like GB needs that moniker of Americas team- but I do feel the packers and steelers seem to fit the title better.

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
Leave the most pretentious and incorrect title in sports to the most pretentious team. Titletown works just fine for us

KilrB

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have had a Cowboys fan do that to me more than once. Shuts them up real fast when you tell them its the same as Micheal Jackson proclaiming himself as the king of pop. Its just pathetic.

I don't really care i guess, I just think it's true. The Packers still draw top ratings over other teams including the Steelers and Cowboys and they hail from the NFL's smallest market. IT doesn't matter if they are the best team on the field, because they are always the underdog and America loves that.

Incubes12

Bay Harbor Butcher?
Reaction score
I think the Packers are America's team.

The Steelers have only recently grown massively in fan base (I believe). The Cowboys are probably hated more than they're liked, solely because Jones made such a ridiculous claim.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Packers are community owned. And anyone in America can buy a share whenever they go on sale.
Packers have the most NFL championships won. More than the Cowboys and the Steelers.
Now if that isn't what could be "America's Team" I don't know what is.

LombardiChick

Win or lose, I love this team.
Reaction score
I don't think this is a decision anybody can make for anybody else. I don't think I could consider any team - even ours, because I know my personal reaction when people suggest the Steelers and Cowboys (not good) - to be "America's Team", and I honestly wish Dallas would quit using it.

Now, I've heard their stadium called "God's Commode", and that I'm all right with. :lol:

If it HAD to be one, I think I'd pick the Patriots because of their theme - but my real choice is "None of the above."

TheSnowPlow

Driving Don Shula Crazy
Reaction score
Agreed, LombardiChick - no one team can ever really be "America's Team" - especially when it is a self-bestowed title. That's just arrogance on the part of that era of the Cowboys that fits right in with that team's attitude - I'd be ashamed if my owner said something like that.

LombardiChick

Win or lose, I love this team.
Reaction score
Agreed, LombardiChick - no one team can ever really be "America's Team" - especially when it is a self-bestowed title. That's just arrogance on the part of that era of the Cowboys that fits right in with that team's attitude - I'd be ashamed if my owner said something like that.

As an American, I've never considered Dallas my team in any way, shape, or form. Not for one split second.

The idea of it is repellent to me, actually. (I'm sorry, I am just hard core.)

Bart

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well i dont think that the packers are "americas team" but i like that packers are the only team in nfl, that are owned by its fans, plus the packers have a great history and one of the best/nicest fan base i have ever seen :)

But if we should pick 1, then it would probaly be packers or patriots