Packers 1st round selection, #12 overall: Rashan Gary, DE

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
The Packers would take a cap hit of $26.3 million in dead money if they trade Bakhtiari before March 20. I agree that won't happen as it would result in an additional cap hit for next season though.
Agreed. No matter how you slice it up (2022, 2023) the Packers have a big amount on the books for Bahk and a few other players. Some of those numbers just don't go away when the player is traded or cut.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yup Bakh's contract has been discussed numerous times. The earliest the team could move from him is after next season, not this one.

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just for the record, there's no way for the Packers to restructure Adams' contract as he's set to become a free agent next offseason.

The Packers would take a cap hit of $26.3 million in dead money if they trade Bakhtiari before March 20. I agree that won't happen as it would result in an additional cap hit for next season though.
I was implying that the Packers should extend Adams in the near future in that comment but you are correct he is going to be a free agent on March 20th. Gute could also wait and just renegotiate a brand new deal but eventually Adams would be asking for a lot of guarenteed money with big cap hits.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was implying that the Packers should extend Adams in the near future in that comment but you are correct he is going to be a free agent on March 20th. Gute could also wait and just renegotiate a brand new deal but eventually Adams would be asking for a lot of guarenteed money with big cap hits.
I’m not following what you are trying to say…. The only way Adams is a Packer next year is if he gets that “brand new deal”. There is no “also”

captainWIMM

Cheesehead
Reaction score

The Packers need to sign Adams to an extension before the start of the new league year. There's no way for Gutekunst to wait any longer than that as the team risks losing him in free agency after that as there will definitely be enough takers for his services.

While he will definitely demand a ton of money the Packers could structure it in a way to keep the cap hit low for next season.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Haven't done the research, but does this thread set the record for total number and consecutive posts with absolutely nothing to do with the title?
Well, if you connect all the threads and use your imagination, it all comes back to Rashan Gary, since he is a Green Bay Packer and much of the conversation is about his teammates. :cool:

Reaction score
The Packers need to sign Adams to an extension before the start of the new league year. There's no way for Gutekunst to wait any longer than that as the team risks losing him in free agency after that as there will definitely be enough takers for his services.

While he will definitely demand a ton of money the Packers could structure it in a way to keep the cap hit low for next season.
That’s may be easier said than done. It’s pretty common knowledge that Davante has loyalty to …. Well…. Just forget it.. this has nothing to do with Rashan Gary nor can I even surmise a ruse to make it appear as such. I’m out! :laugh: